Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

It was Mithras, probably. I bet he used Mithras.

Bible-god isn't really a hydraulic press sort of guy, I bet he contracted it out to another god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

My Q-Face posted:

That was a Lot.

vols bitch posted:

a lot of what

My Q-Face posted:

Incest in the bible.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's me. I am the smug atheist.

Connor the Conure
Jun 4, 2016

Spoiled to all hell
Hey guys. I'm really glad Noah was able to take the time to travel the earth and return every species to the places it had already adapted to. Also glad he was able to build working aquariums in the ark for all those freshwater fish that would have died when the salty ocean eventually overflowed onto land. :sureboat:

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
near as i can tell god was just hazing noah and did everything himself

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Ken Ham is an Australian retard and should go be retarded in Australia IMO. I hope Trump deports him.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Connor the Conure posted:

Hey guys. I'm really glad Noah was able to take the time to travel the earth and return every species to the places it had already adapted to. Also glad he was able to build working aquariums in the ark for all those freshwater fish that would have died when the salty ocean eventually overflowed onto land. :sureboat:

i dont think noah did anything with fish, just animals

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
pretty hosed up of noah to save those zika mosquitos.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Drad_Bert posted:

DID SOMEBODY SAY HAM?

:siren: :nws: http://imgur.com/aiv5M1M/ :nws: :siren:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol :rip:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Maybe Ken Ham's problem is that he doesn't know he's a retard? Someone should tell him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Cthulu Carl posted:

Yeah, Lot was the one who got date raped.

I dunno if there's any proscription against his offspring though because that all happened after Lot offered his daughters to the local rape gang to save some angels, then he whisked them off suddenly telling them to not look back while fire and brimstone poo poo goes down, mom did look back and blammo it was pillar of salt time for her and basically the two girls thought they were the last people on earth.

I like to think god was all "ya know, I hosed y'all up and led you to drunk incest. My bad." And gave them a one-time pass, but this is the Old Testament God so LOL they probably got owned even harder than Job.

The daugthers' incest sons were Moab and Ammon, whose descendants both were antagonistic to Israel and got dunked on regularly by David and Israel's other "good" kings.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
3.1 million feet of timber used....

Nothing like propping up the logging industry to show how much you love God's creation.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Crazyeyes posted:

3.1 million feet of timber used....

Nothing like propping up the logging industry to show how much you love God's creation.

It's cool God will push the reset button again one of these days and who'll be sorry when the new ark saves two of everything

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
In the preflood days there were only 17 species.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
This means we must flood kentucky to test the ark :colbert:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Germstore posted:

In the preflood days there were only 17 species.

Evolution proven by book of Genesis. Whooda thunk it

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Connor the Conure posted:

Lol, I remember one crazy christian telling me it wasn't that bad. You see, the water from wherever the flood water came from balanced the salt and freshwater out to just the right setting that both could live in the same water. That's why we have fish that live in brackish water.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Waterworld theme park looking good.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I like the part where he says he's planning on building a Tower of Babel next, lol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pawn 17 posted:

dibs on being the 'man' on the ark

dibs on being the other man :quagmire:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

tankadillo posted:

I like the part where he says he's planning on building a Tower of Babel next, lol.

That's a space elevator, right?

Imagine if he actually does it

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

boom boom boom posted:

That's a space elevator, right?

Imagine if he actually does it

LOL, you think he believes in things like space, or heliocentric orbits?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
richard of st victor nailed it imo

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Iron Crowned posted:

LOL, you think he believes in things like space, or heliocentric orbits?

Dude, imagine if he built a space elevator, and evangelical Christians started populating space.

There's a colony on Mars, but their leader is Kirk Cameron

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Tiberius Thyben posted:

What is this? An ark for ants?!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The Protagonist posted:

near as i can tell god was just hazing noah and did everything himself

Spoilers man come on

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

seems kind of wasteful if god's not even doing a flood this time

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

SocketWrench posted:

Though it is being built as proof that two of every animal on earth could fit inside and manage to float through storms for forty days isn't as far fetched as people realize, it won't be floated in water and requires a multitude of metal supports and parts (95 tons worth) that would not be possible for the "original" biblical ark and won't house any animals (they'll be outside on display).
It was seven pairs of a whole bunch of animals and a pair of some others, did Ken Ham never even finish Genesis before calling it a day and using one of those bible quote finder websites????????

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Not that any of it makes any sense but there's very few clean animals vs unclean animals so the seven pairs for clean animals is pretty negligible.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Germstore posted:

Not that any of it makes any sense but there's very few clean animals vs unclean animals so the seven pairs for clean animals is pretty negligible.

Of course, there's the whole thing that it's just STDH the book

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Germstore posted:

Yeah but 14 giraffes for example are going to take up a shitload of room just by themselves. Like you can't just have them comically poke their heads out of the wheelhouse like if there were 2, let's get real here.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
he has no idea about the science

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I've run the numbers... and he's a chancer!

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Mountains? Where we're going, we don't need mountains.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

no mom very hungry fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 29, 2016

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

SocketWrench posted:

Lol, I remember one crazy christian telling me it wasn't that bad. You see, the water from wherever the flood water came from balanced the salt and freshwater out to just the right setting that both could live in the same water. That's why we have fish that live in brackish water.
its rain it comes from the sky

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

XMNN posted:

its rain it comes from the sky

Um He opened gates below & above to let water in.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

where the gently caress are the gates

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

mdm posted:

the daughters got him wasted so yeah he'll probably tell the bible inaccurately

That was Lot.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
boy there sure is a Lot of stupid poo poo in the bible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

The Cubelodyte posted:

Technically, OP, the term is "Retard Laureate."

my loving guts

this killed me

• Locked thread