Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Just bought this because hype. What's the best low-effort grief besides being a sniper?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Elerion posted:

Tracer has a light on her chest.

yeah but i find it very funny that the first thing i noticed from the Dragons short is that master sneaky assassin hanzo has light up shoes like what i wore in 2nd grade

genji at least turns his glowy xbox lights off when he's trying to be sneaky

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Bait and Swatch posted:

Just bought this because hype. What's the best low-effort grief besides being a sniper?
Play Bastion.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Dude what is it with you and your robot arm blindness?

Goddamit. What is it with all these people having missing limbs in this game?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Bait and Swatch posted:

Mei

Microwaves Mom posted:

Overwatch is actually a PG version of Shadowrun and Mercy makes mad cash hacking off people's limbs for gunarms so they can do their "private security" work.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Bait and Swatch posted:

Play TF2 and keep asking your team how to switch to the blue monkey.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Microwaves Mom posted:

They were part of a group of people who went to fight a lot.

Plus they had Mercy as their doctor, someone who is literally incapable of healing anyone without turning them into a horrible monster or a mish-mash of meat and machine.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Pharah gets a lot of poo poo from low level pubs.

Bastion is the king of rage though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kerrrrrrr posted:

yeah but i find it very funny that the first thing i noticed from the Dragons short is that master sneaky assassin hanzo has light up shoes like what i wore in 2nd grade

I'm glad I wasn't the only one. :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im at a company baseball game, will go back and pretend to work for a few hours, then play overwatch

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
still dont have my package from UPS I am watching like a hawk I want to get this poo poo ready

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
My Jinx Overwatch shirt came and I am totally going to goon it up tonight and wear it while playing the game. No shame.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I wish I could combine Roadhog and Pharah. I'd call it Phog.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Wildtortilla posted:

I wish I could combine Roadhog and Pharah. I'd call it Phog.

would it be big like roadhog and fly like pharah?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That will happen in Overwatch: Fates.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I hope this thread sucks less!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jesus christ I only just saw the new thread get made and it's already on page 3 we're all absurd.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Hanzo has lights on his shoes

I assumed Hanzo's legs were entirely bionic and the shoe-lights were just like Genji's armor-lights. Could be wrong but I mean, look at 'im.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yes that is my dream. I want to hook people from the sky. Also I want to huff gas in the sky to get high in the sky.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Microwaves Mom posted:

It would be a little man who flies around and skyhooks people.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Wait this is like the same OP as before

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
Is this game good?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Brosnan posted:

I mean it was a pretty good OP and all the relevant stuff has been updated

necrotic posted:

Is this game good?

It sucks.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ddraig posted:

It would be a little man who flies around and skyhooks people.

Too bad there isnt fall damage.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Oh man I'm gonna play this game til i'm so nintendo-eyed i can't even stand!
gonna run around freezing dudes and making walls and shooting plain flavored popsicles
then i'm gonna press h and strut around in a big pink meka suit and *makes machine gun noises like a child* any nerds that get in front of me and hit my boosters and fly around all *whoooooosh!* eject! *ka-boom!* TEAM KILL! Weeeeeee!
and and and

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Brannock posted:

I mean it was a pretty good OP and all the relevant stuff has been updated

It's not bad but no one reads it because it's mostly marketing materials (which is good when it's a hypebuilding prerelease thread, but less so when people start playing it). Then they ask the same dumb questions over and over bc they didn't wade through screenshots of maps to find out what the difference between blue and yellow HP is.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Anyway all that said I'm ready af for my Overwatch break to be over so I'm gonna leave work early today to go home and play

See y'all at the login screen!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Widow should be able to grapple to flying characters, and if someone is boosting then Roadhog should get dragged along if he hooks them. I want to see D.Va zoom by with roadhog and widowmaker dangling off her, or Reinhardt launching Roadhog across the map.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Brosnan posted:

It's not bad but no one reads it because it's mostly marketing materials (which is good when it's a hypebuilding prerelease thread, but less so when people start playing it). Then they ask the same dumb questions over and over bc they didn't wade through screenshots of maps to find out what the difference between blue and yellow HP is.

They're not going to read the OP anyway

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Alright, more or less done with the OP. There's one bit I'm wondering if there's anything better or if it's even still accurate, though;

quote:

If you're looking for specific numbers on almost anything, there's a Google spreadsheet worth taking a look at. It's the OverSheet that provides links to many other spreadsheets, including ones focused on heroes, maps and a number of others. I believe it's still accurate, though if there's something better please let me know.

A couple other things:
  • What was that PS4 group someone was making? I asked earlier but nobody's posted it yet.
  • What other silly videos/images/posts/drama absolutely must be in the Misc. section? I've added the Torbjorn PotG video. I'm not going to add the Widowmaker inflatable butt, since that's just an old meme that needs to die already. Tracer/any other hero butt stuff is also questionable.

Brosnan posted:

Is there anything you'd change?

Edit:

Brosnan posted:

The marketing stuff hasn't been in this thread, only the last. I can move the Misc. info up to the second post, that does seem like a better spot for it.

Onean fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 23, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Brosnan posted:

oh you sweet child.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

this is a cool game for nice guys and gals. gonna be great

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Onean posted:

• What other silly videos/images/posts/drama absolutely must be in the Misc. section? I've added the Torbjorn PotG video. I'm not going to add the Widowmaker inflatable butt, since that's just an old meme that needs to die already. Tracer/any other hero butt stuff is also questionable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Mp5gE0HSw

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Bait and Swatch posted:

Meibe you could try locking your team in the spawn room with an ice wall?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

hi, you might know me as good at videogames guy. i stack w/ goons and i'm probably gonna be streaming this a lot. https://www.twitch.tv/wangsbig

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Want to be mentioned in the OP?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

yes. begrudgingly but implicitly

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Hey guys. Excited to play some Overwatch today. Mei try some streaming. Mei get some good games. Hoping for some good skins.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Brosnan posted:

To be honest I'm just posting here as an audition to hopefully get into the Cowcaster thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Onean posted:

[*]What other silly videos/images/posts/drama absolutely must be in the Misc. section?

Don't play with TCJimbo.