Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

gonna play zenyatta until I go up against folks that know what they're doing

might be a few days' worth of games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
I think the hardest part of this game isn't the hero draft, it's the player draft

Like which of the 800 people on my friends list who are going to be playing this game should I group with and how do I do so without hurting other people's feelings

This hasn't been a problem before because apparently I've never had more than 5 friends who all liked the same game before

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

kaleedity posted:

gonna play zenyatta until I go up against folks that know what they're doing

might be a few days' worth of games

drat you must be really good

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I want to play some games with stuff like 3 reinhardt strats

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Brosnan posted:

I think the hardest part of this game isn't the hero draft, it's the player draft

Like which of the 800 people on my friends list who are going to be playing this game should I group with and how do I do so without hurting other people's feelings

This hasn't been a problem before because apparently I've never had more than 5 friends who all liked the same game before

In all honesty this issue will almost certainly resolve itself within a week or two as people get over the initial hype.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm going to be a hero today. :patriot:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Goetta posted:

drat you must be really good

no I can miss all day and it won't matter

just means I'll die instantly less

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think jimbo is still global muted

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Brosnan posted:

i have spent a lot of time letting people know exactly where they stand in my heart in comparison to others in preparation for this moment

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The problem isn't when you have 200 friends to play with, it's when you have 6

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Wait, TCJimbo plays Overwatch?

SHUT IT DOWN

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'll probably just throw myself out into the discord LFR room. I only have a few OW Goon friends on my list (so far!) but I look forward to playing with you all eventually.

Yay, fun video game!

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
I'm going to play this game today fellow goons, and it will be good.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think jimbo is still global muted

I'm glad of it

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

The upside of free heroes is that you get a nice balance like in DOTA where it's reasonable to expect players to be flexible about what heroes they're willing to play, and you never end up in a situation where you don't have the resources needed to counter an enemy Bastion.

The downside? Well, if you remember how TF2 felt every time they patched a class with new items, it was pretty poo poo for a straight week (good luck finding players willing to not obsess over getting and using the new toys).

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Atoramos posted:

SHUT IT DOWN

I don't actually know, but it's still good advice, nonetheless.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

pakman posted:

I don't actually know, but it's still good advice, nonetheless.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Don't Play With TCJimbo

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Atoramos posted:

SHUT IT DOWN

I'm not hip with these things why do we hate this guy?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm not hip with these things why do we hate this guy?

I played over a thousand hours of DOTA with a friend who took it pretty seriously and got legitimately angry when you played like piss. TCJimbo made me realize how much worse it could be!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
He gets absurdly mad at videogames. He's a swell guy when he isn't getting mad at them though.

Also, add me South American Overwatch goons. Axarca#1431

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Isn't TCJ still voice banned?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh so he's a generic League player.

Yeah gently caress that poo poo

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Wangsbig posted:

i have spent a lot of time letting people know exactly where they stand in my heart in comparison to others in preparation for this moment

did I mei-k the cut

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey guys im gonna play this

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Eonwe posted:

Same!

Lets go!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Eonwe posted:

:eyepop: thats crazy haha

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Tatsuta Age posted:

did I mei-k the cut

all i'll say is that you're somewhere above craig k but below seb

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

Eonwe posted:

Not if I play it first!

Edit: apparently this is not how this works, so I will also be playing this game. See you in it!

Aranan fucked around with this message at 17:48 on May 23, 2016

J
Jun 10, 2001

Eonwe posted:

i like this videogame it is fun

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Man, I wish the non-origin edition was on ps4, I don't care about any of the extra poo poo. Still, I don't think my computer can handle the game and I probably got 50$ worth of entertainment out of the beta alone so I went ahead and ordered a ps4 copy from Amazon.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

gonna pick zarya first because she's my super strong buff waifu and if things go sideways, she can hold me in her mighty arms

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Eonwe posted:

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Nihilarian posted:

Man, I wish the non-origin edition was on ps4, I don't care about any of the extra poo poo. Still, I don't think my computer can handle the game and I probably got 50$ worth of entertainment out of the beta alone so I went ahead and ordered a ps4 copy from Amazon.

It runs pretty well on my system and I'm due for an upgrade. Blizzard is usually pretty good about that.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I wonder if we'll get patch notes before or at launch; they probably did some tweaking.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Edmond Dantes posted:

I wonder if we'll get patch notes before or at launch; they probably did some tweaking.

I hope so. I want to see how good D.Va is now.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

My copy came by UPS about an hour ago. It's preloaded and update downloaded. I'm ready to be a hero!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Edmond Dantes posted:

Due to balance issues, the following heroes have been removed from the game:

Hanzo
Genji
Widowmaker

:getin:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hope they buffed the poo poo out of Bastion

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Wangsbig posted:

all i'll say is that you're somewhere above craig k but below seb

Careful, I played with seb a few weeks ago and he's gone full normie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Wangsbig posted:

That's probably a good plan, I should've worked harder in Dota to make sure everyone knew their place on the Brosnan Friend Tier List