Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Overwatch reminds me of the early TF2 when it was actually balanced and each character had clearly defined roles and you didn't really have to wonder what type of bullshit you would be up against today.

In Overwatch, when you see a hero you instantly know what they can do and how they're going to play and you don't have to wonder "What particular brand of bullshit is this class running?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS games for a couple of weeks?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Ddraig posted:

Overwatch reminds me of the early TF2 when it was actually balanced and each character had clearly defined roles and you didn't really have to wonder what type of bullshit you would be up against today.

In Overwatch, when you see a hero you instantly know what they can do and how they're going to play and you don't have to wonder "What particular brand of bullshit is this class running?"

this is actually my reason for playing Overwatch instead of TF2. That and the larger, newer playerbase. Aside from that I don't think Overwatch is superior in any way.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS for a couple of weeks?
yes they have individual bindings

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

Minorkos posted:

lmfao this guy got meme'd by cowcaster's deceptive gang tag filenames

....or did I?

I didn't. I main tracer/genji. I am part of the problem.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

SwissArmyDruid posted:

One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS for a couple of weeks?

Per hero binds. There's also special options for certain characters, like assigning Lucio's speed boost to holding down shift so it's kind of like a sprint.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Wacky Delly posted:

How many loot boxes is everyone planning to get? I'm gonna buy like 10 up front.

All of them. I'm going to buy all of them, mark them up by a penny, then relist them. It's ingenious, I'm going to be rich!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Ddraig posted:

i dont know what to tell you if you think early tf2 was balanced when the soldier and demo were actually STRONGER than they are now

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im really excited

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord
I decided to just make a ps4 group because apparently one isn't up yet. Send a message to NotableDomX_ to join this new exclusive club!!!

Calef
Aug 21, 2007

Notable Dom X posted:

I decided to just make a ps4 group because apparently one isn't up yet. Send a message to NotableDomX_ to join this new exclusive club!!!

Someone made a PS4 group already. I'll see if I can find the link

Edit: It's called Goonerwatch

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I was surprised that Mei was bottom-tier according to the actual competitive data. Not just because all the casuals, like me, think she's really strong, but because Seagull said he thought she'd be a competitive character.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Notable Dom X posted:

There's already one up called Goonerwatch.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord
Sorry guys planning on buying loot boxes. Apparently they won't be for sale immediately.

quote:

Chu also said that the build of the game going live tonight contains no microtransactions of any sort, confirming that “for now, they’re just unlocked through levelling up.” Kaplan told us last year that they were considering charging for these Overwatch loot boxes, perhaps at the price point of a Hearthstone pack, but apparently it hasn’t yet come to fruition.

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

biznatchio posted:

Sorry guys planning on buying loot boxes. Apparently they won't be for sale immediately.

No

Notable Dom X
Apr 3, 2011

by exmarx
Buglord

Big McHuge posted:

There's already one up called Goonerwatch.

nnoooo

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zorodius posted:

I was surprised that Mei was bottom-tier according to the actual competitive data. Not just because all the casuals, like me, think she's really strong, but because Seagull said he thought she'd be a competitive character.

its probably gonna take a whole for the competitive meta to really emerge

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Heroes never buy.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Competitive Mode is current focus. Lots of changes since Beta. It will be the first big content update. Aiming for end of June but no promises. Changing Season length to about three months.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Shy posted:

Battleborn went on sale today sooooo

this is the funniest thing i've read all day

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I feel sorry for battleborn

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Countdown til World of Overwatch?

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Zorodius posted:

You have to also consider when a lot of his videos where made, see people still thinking Symmetra/Zenyatta/Genji is a super strong combo even tho it was nerfed quite a while ago.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Campaign mode would likely be a Co-op format, but that is way far in the future for any solid commitment.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

AttackTheMoon
Jul 4, 2015

biznatchio posted:

Heroes never buy.

Nnnnnooooo

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

battlebored

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
More shorts expected!!!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

biznatchio posted:

Heroes never buy.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

biznatchio posted:

*tearfully puts away wallet*

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey so there's a live Q&A going on right now: https://www.facebook.com/PlayOverwatch/videos/614129325411546

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch but they're hoping for the end of June and for three month seasons but they're still hashing out details.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

i would love a overwatch MMO in 10 years, where by the 5 expansion we go back in time to hang out with the old school overwatch sit in a command base alone playing farmvile.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Transmogrifier posted:

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch

:negative:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Transmogrifier posted:

Hey so there's a live Q&A going on right now: https://www.facebook.com/PlayOverwatch/videos/614129325411546

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch but they're hoping for the end of June and for three month seasons but they're still hashing out details.

the ranked play in beta was said to be the worst thing about overwatch by everyone in the beta, i am glad it got delayed and not shoved out the door broken, but i hope it not another farahlon where it will never come out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cyron posted:

i would love a overwatch MMO in 10 years, where by the 5 expansion we go back in time to hang out with the old school overwatch sit in a command base alone playing farmvile.

On the other hand you'd have 10 years prior to that of pretty ok MMO.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Blizz should hit me up when they decide to do this because I've already got a great title in mind for it.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
There may be different balances for PC vs consoles. Symmetry's turrets are one item because of aim assist as an example

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I have watched the luau video like 20 times already.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Transmogrifier posted:

Oh man, this kinda sucks :( So it's just quick match or bust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Clans being considered along with more social features. [Goons.Butts] can be a reality