Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013

teagone posted:

Why are you still embedding gifs you heathen
https://zippy.gfycat.com/FavoriteSpottedChick.webm

:homebrew::gizz: :homebrew:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Supercar Gautier posted:

They missed an opportunity to name the Doritos knockoff "Dorados".

I think it's funny that even Blizzard have embraced that fanbase persona of her being the stereotypical dorito-eating mountain-dew-guzzling gamer :allears:.

And yes, they should've used Dorados, how do you let something that good slip by?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Another good change is you now see how responsible you are for discord orb assists, which I'd really have appreciated more in the entire last month or so but I'll gladly take it now anyway.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

It's funny how, in effect, they nerfed Zenyatta's teammates while buffing Zenyatta himself.

technically he does .02 less damage than he used to with discord in play :v:

he currently does 60 (40 base damage plus 50% from discord) and in ptr he's doing 59.98 (30% of 46 is 13.8)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Removing Mccree's ability to mindgame people with his ult really sucks, I hope they revert that change. I don't get why they would change that.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 18, 2016

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This patch isn't actually going live for like 3 weeks, right?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

probably not. I bet they'll make it live when the next season of comp starts

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Verranicus posted:

This patch isn't actually going live for like 3 weeks, right?

the turnaround time on patches going from test to live has actually been pretty quick, like a weekish? However it's also been a thing where many of the ptr changes don't make it to live in the first place

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

he currently does 60 (40 base damage plus 50% from discord) and in ptr he's doing 59.98 (30% of 46 is 13.8)

He does more damage than before to un-discorded targets, though! Which shouldn't usually be what he's firing at, but it probably makes up for the .02

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

46 + 13.8 is 59.80 you heathen I'm banning you

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

He does more damage than before to un-discorded targets, though! Which shouldn't usually be what he's firing at, but it probably makes up for the .02

yes and no? you need 6 bodyshots or 3 headshots before the damage thresholds change

6 zen bodyshots currently do 240; ptr zen does 276. if you're playing a 200 health hero (or tracer/pilot suit d.va), nothing changes for you against a zen that isn't bothering to use discord for w/e reason. 250+ health classes die in like one less bodyshot (I always forget what the damage reduction for armor is so idk what that changes for them) until you get to reinhardt with 500 health, who take 2 more from current zen (13 current, 11 ptr). roadhog needs 15 bodyshots right now and he needs to not heal because that's 600 damage exact; ptr zen can do it in 14, dealing 644 damage. basically all of the fights you're technically capable of winning faster now aren't fights you're realistically gonna win in the first place

Cowcaster posted:

46 + 13.8 is 59.80 you heathen I'm banning you

it was supposed to be 0.2 but I'm not sorry :colbert:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Manatee Cannon posted:

yes and no? you need 6 bodyshots or 3 headshots before the damage thresholds change

6 zen bodyshots currently do 240; ptr zen does 276. if you're playing a 200 health hero (or tracer/pilot suit d.va), nothing changes for you against a zen that isn't bothering to use discord for w/e reason. 250+ health classes die in like one less bodyshot (I always forget what the damage reduction for armor is so idk what that changes for them) until you get to reinhardt with 500 health, who take 2 more from current zen (13 current, 11 ptr). roadhog needs 15 bodyshots right now and he needs to not heal because that's 600 damage exact; ptr zen can do it in 14, dealing 644 damage. basically all of the fights you're technically capable of winning faster now aren't fights you're realistically gonna win in the first place

In addition to banning that guy I'm changing your account name to jortlord

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

thank you

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Manatee Cannon posted:

Well, in sensible contexts, when Zen is hitting a non-discorded target, it's usually not a one-on-one fight like you're describing, but a teamfight where his shots are travelling into a crowd.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Got 120 points for rank 56, guess season just ended. Wish it was 150 for 50 tbh, seems low

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

It's cool how they popped up a full screen message while I was in a match saying thanks for playing season 1.

Thanks blizzard.

Just barely made it to 300 points at rank 65 tho, so that's cool.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's even less important in a team fight since the other guys haven't changed and it's not a big enough difference for other people to change much. it is a bigger deal for focusing down the discorded guys tho

doe's really matter much sine you should be discording people you shoot if you want them to die. it's not likely you're shooting someone without discord on them and it not just being spam

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Wow lmao I thought the "gg ez" filter was just goons trolling but apparently it's real. What a dumb change.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you weren't the kind of guy to say gg ez after a match then why do you care and if you were the kind of guy to say gg ez well gently caress you anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Cowcaster posted:

if you weren't the kind of guy to say gg ez after a match then why do you care and if you were the kind of guy to say gg ez well gently caress you anyway

i agree on principle but cant you just say gg e.z now or something? seems kind of dumb because you'll never stop any and every variation

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Blizzard seems conflicted. They have emotes and sprays for all the classic bad manner memes, but they don't actually want people to do any bad manners.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

this aint dota this is child abuse
someone call a hotline for the enemy team

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Xaris posted:

i agree on principle but cant you just say gg e.z now or something? seems kind of dumb because you'll never stop any and every variation

why do anything ever

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

I don't want to live in a world where Redditor's feelings get so hurt by dumb zero-effort flames that Blizzard feels the need to censor people. Also if they're willing to take away "gg ez" who knows what else they'll get rid of. Are they going to get rid of "gg close game" after a stomp too? I wouldn't be surprised if they just excise all-talk entirely over the next few months because gamerdads get super tilted when opponents talk to them.

Like, obviously they should censor stuff like friend of the family, chink, fag, wop, etc. because racism and homophobia have no place in a competitive game but getting rid of the literal mildest trashtalk ever is retarded.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fadam posted:

I don't want to live in a world where Redditor's feelings get so hurt by dumb zero-effort flames that Blizzard feels the need to censor people. Also if they're willing to take away "gg ez" who knows what else they'll get rid of. Are they going to get rid of "gg close game" after a stomp too? I wouldn't be surprised if they just excise all-talk entirely over the next few months because gamerdads get super tilted when opponents talk to them.

Like, obviously they should censor stuff like friend of the family, chink, fag, wop, etc. because racism and homophobia have no place in a competitive game but getting rid of the literal mildest trashtalk ever is retarded.

i'm sure a creative and talented individual like yourself will be able to work out something to get around the "gg ez" filter

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

i'm sure a creative and talented individual like yourself will be able to work out something to get around the "gg ez" filter

People found a way to get around prohibition and anti-sodomy laws too man it doesn't mean that they weren't unjust laws.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

fadam posted:

People found a way to get around prohibition and anti-sodomy laws too man it doesn't mean that they weren't unjust laws.

what is it with gamers and absurd comparisons

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

fadam posted:

are you seriously comparing the world filter in a videogame for children to the actual historical united state government laws that were eventually overturned is that a thing that's happening right now

Afraid of Audio posted:

what is it with gamers and absurd comparisons

e:fb

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

fadam posted:

Also if they're willing to take away "gg ez" who knows what else they'll get rid of. Are they going to get rid of "gg close game" after a stomp too? I wouldn't be surprised if they just excise all-talk entirely over the next few months because gamerdads get super tilted when opponents talk to them.

Yeah this is totally, surely going to happen

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fadam posted:

lol dude are you for real

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

are you seriously comparing the world filter in a videogame for children to the actual legitimate united state laws that were eventually overturned by their government is that a thing that's happening right now

e:fb

I'm not gay and I don't drink so this is as close as I'm ever going to get to experiencing true injustice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

I don't want to live in a world where

there's a simple solution to this somewhere

Zoness fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 18, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Man my sub .500 record for season one is now immortalized in all time, noooo

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I got rank 60 using Genji. Which op character do I use now he's nerfed?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Hanzo

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
D.Va's new emote is the best emote in any game ever.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

For real though it will be a sad day when they remove all chat from the game. Trash talking the other team is a staple of competition

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

flashman posted:

For real though it will be a sad day when they remove all chat from the game. Trash talking the other team is a staple of competition

I prefer the Hearthstone system where you really have to work to be condescending with the limited tools available

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

maev posted:

I got rank 60 using Genji. Which op character do I use now he's nerfed?

McCree got nerfed but in a way that barely even touches the stuff that matters, and he was already much stronger than Genji

use McCree, someone at Blizzard loves him and keeps bringing him back every time they nerf him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Zombie Samurai posted:

I prefer the Hearthstone system where you really have to work to be condescending with the limited tools available

Reaper: The real Dark Souls starts here
Roadhog: Try jumping
Reaper: Fatty ahead
Roadhog: tongue, but whole