Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I JUST WANT TO SHOOT STUFF WITH MY COOL MECH BOT AND ATTRACTIVE ANIME LADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Until this game implements hats and hat economies it will pale in comparison to the great and mighty game known as TF2, sorry folks.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Willie Tomg posted:

sure, okay!

All I'm reading is you being salty about my nuts and bolts swirling fedora wearing, gibbing into invisibility, backstabbing for full health Spy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

lol

Willie Tomg posted:

they make pills for that btw

Sorry only hats can cure my hatlust.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
this game out yet?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So Mercy or D.VA? I can't decide.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ZenVulgarity posted:

To be a futanari or

This doesn't narrow it down.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I refuse to RELAX for 180 minutes Mr. Winking at Me Matthews.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Turtlicious posted:

Just got my key from G2A.

30.66 for Origins Edition?

:whatup:

highfive

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If this game had a hat economy this wouldn't happen.

smh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Thor-Stryker posted:

No guys, we can't let D.va shoot and move at the same time, that would make her an actual flanker.
Blizzard prefers her to be a useless ball of HP that occasionally gets kills when someone from the front line is running back to get a Health Pack and all their abilities are on cool down and they're not paying attention and it's their first game ever and they're four years old.

Lol if you don't know how to properly flank with DVa

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Elderbean posted:

I can tell how bad a solo queue game will be based on how far my allies push out during the "prepare for defense" phase.

Hey guys the points back here.
"BUT I WANT TO SPAWN CAMP THEM!"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Fly around flanking opposing teams, and always remember to through up your shield once you attract focused fire. Fly back to your team once that goes down, rinse, repeat, then explode the suit

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Jet everyone off the point, gently caress up anyone that gets too close, win any 1v1 you want with good shield use. Snipe people with your plasma pistol. Ez game.

Mostly played as her last night, and she definitely takes some getting used to. Main difficulty curve comes from positioning, both wrt boosting and being close enough to do damage.

Also an excellent use of her talents.

I am always surprised by how good her pistol is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've seen people pick widowmaker, see someone else pick widowmaker, then quit.

Ban all quitters.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've never seen a Mei ragequit.

Coincidence?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

on the other hand 3 people on my team went Bastion and I immediately bailed. Ban them and also make me president

Lol you missed out on a surefire win. Congrats!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

some champs are powerful at higher ranks but at lower ranks are useless (Zarya) so that might be fine but awkward,

not sure what you mean by this? I don't think heroes get better as you level up

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jinh posted:

I like this game and can't wait to play it after work

Having overwatch info on browser all day at work hasn't been the best on my productivity.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dr. Carwash posted:

I'm pretty sure people do this specifically when they do play like poo poo. Way easier to get a rise out of others.

Definitely this. The only time someone is going to troll with gg/ez etc. is when they are at the bottom of the scorecard.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Irradiation posted:

I never said she was bad. She is far better when played against people who dont know what they're up against.

Catching noobs grouped up with her blackhole ultimate is amazing. Can swing a whole round.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Hoodwinker posted:

Every single player who has done this so far has been playing Reaper. Every single one.

edgelords gotta edgelord

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The game has almost no issues.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zikan posted:

My issue with this game is that I can't play it at work.

That I'm not actually DVa or Junkrat or Reinhardt or Mei breaks my heart.

DoctorJones posted:

I've been thowing "gg close" every game we win. I'm typically the medal winner in every game. Most have been very one-sided.

I'm guilty of it too. Typically as the team carrier :smug:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I could make a longer list and rank them, but i'd have to put pictures of dicks in between each item to keep you engaged heh

What a fantastic point, really proven yourself as someone with a strong grasp of the games mechanics.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
But his avatar is for something called KaBum E-Sports, surely this man is a professional with opinions that must be treated as facts!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I saved my team from a 5 person kill on the point by shooting the tire.

Give it a whirl sometime!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chewbot posted:

Just woke up and checked the thread- 500 new posts overnight. Egads.

These threads are why "jump to last post" exists.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Team gold glove just running over fools

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
So who has bought the 50 pack of loot boxes?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tenzarin posted:

Please don't kink shame.

I'm a lootvoyeur, need to vicariously get my thrills from actual loothavers

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

iroguebot posted:

I bought 100. :shepspends:

I did it after the game went live, I imagine since many other people were looting boxes whatever RNG for legendary skins pumped out quite a bit. I think I ended with 3000+ credits and 9 gold skins.

You're tempting me far too much.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

SiliconX posted:

I was thinking about getting the 50 loot boxes but that $39.99 turns into $52.57 on my Visa bill :smith:

What kind of poo poo is that? Interest?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I got the Joker Junkrat skin and it's very cool and good. Thank you game.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Still waiting for the match where I use Mercy's lshift to float up to a Pharah who gets killed at the height of my jump, I look down, floating gracefully onto the point, and rez 5 teammates at once.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I too love giant gently caress off embedded video.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Raskolnikov posted:

Someone did this at the final stretch of a payload map and then they went on for the cap in overtime. I applauded irl.

I've gotten 3 rez's after jumping off a rooftop, but the glorious team rez still escapes me.

I would have applauded that Mercy as well.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
When playing DVa if you fly in, kill 1-2 people, distract the rest of their team, pop your matrix then fly off while your team picks off the distracted team, you've done your job.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

whaam posted:

Hell even if you only kill 1 or none people but cause 3 or 4 of them to turn and chase you as you fly away you are worth you slot on the team.

This guy gets it.
DVa's role is distract, annoy, whittle down opposing forces, and survive.

If your suit blows up, your laser is pretty handy at picking off enemies, plugging up a doorway with constant fire, and you can get a mech called down relatively quickly if you're aggressive but able to use cover and medkit locations effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Ormi posted:

D.Va does like 3x more damage than Winston but it requires you to actually track your shots, and if you can do that there's not much reason for you, personally, to be playing a tank. :smuggo:

When the rest of my team is DPS plus a healer, might as well.