Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jastiger posted:

It was more when they started introducing items that changed the basic class mechanics. Demo's that can run faster than scouts and heal off metal? What?! Heavies that can move silently? Spy cloaks that make you invulnerable while cloaked? The power creep got ridiculous, and the demographic ate it up.

I'm also super glad its limited to 6v6 and its not just huge spam fests. You have to pay attention in this game, and hopefully it keeps the casuals out. (Who am I kidding I'm a casual, but you know what I mean).

This is the thing I noticed when I tried out tf2, it was 16v16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lol if you didn't think this game was gonna fail.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

Its really just like one or two guys who think Destiny is really loving cool and can't stop posting about it. I think the major Forbes editors just don't give a gently caress and figured if it gets them some more web traffic from teenagers or whatever then there's no reason not to.

Journalism in 2016.

Destiny is cool......

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm so sick of being killed by kids who are level 50 on release date because they don't have day jobs and have unlocked a bunch of guns you can't even use and then use them to lord over you and make it harder to gain those levels and unlock the same guns. Its just not really that great of a system for competitive shooters.

I hope you never played COD: World at War. There was like one fully auto rifle at lvl 55. It was the best gun in the game.

They let you noob tube like at lvl one though. I guess that kinda made up for it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

kaleedity posted:

most of the orange drops in borderlands dropped much more frequently off of specific named mobs, making the 1/20k thing a little misleading

I still think that the basic leveling experience in bl2 was seriously very good, and playing krieg removed a lot of the problems the game had up to that point. The endgame is pointless and stupid but that's ok, playing a new character is more fun. Farming a boss for loot? Who cares, start a new character. I think I capped 3 kriegs out to max level.

ofc playing krieg mostly removes the game's gunplay so that defeats a lot of the point of the game

No, in the game it is set to 1/20000 which is 0.005% drop rate on items. Its hardcoded, don't try to wiggle that its based on named mobs.

Fanboy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

ive thought about streaming but ive never really done it and dont think anyone would really watch me

maybe i will though, who knows

If you just now thinking about becoming a twitch god for overwatch. You are like a bunch of months too late to the party.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Harlock posted:

The boxed Origins edition came with an actual game DVD, a free Jaina hero in HOTS, free Hearthstone cards, an SCII trial, a WoW trial, and a Blizzard sticky notepad.

A wow trial, WOW! They just dont give those away for free!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jack Trades posted:

How do you get those titles under your avatar?
I want D.Va's Divas :3:

The nap ghost stuff? Thats from when the forums needed more megabits in its ram or something.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

i would not want to be a twitch anything

I think if you have like less than 50 users watching, your name doesn't even show up on the list.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Who wants to argue? Where can I download the latest aim esp hacks?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zorodius posted:

Good news friend. Blizzard removed "aiming" from most characters. Overwatch is post-aim gaming

Can you frame this into an argument, I don't know how to talk to you.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Knifegrab posted:

If you have to aim to do well in this game I don't know what to tell you smh

Who needs to aim if you have a turret?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So the new character will have an ability to eat dirt to heal?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

slev posted:

If I die I'll haunt this thread

Where do forum ghosts go to when threads close?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Hell, but they're already on the forums so I guess they just get shuffled to another thread

Goonbusters could be a good show.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Adonis Gunther posted:

Jokes on you I've been eating nothing but soup in my padded cell for the last two weeks.

You should of been eating saw dust something you cant actually digest and your body would think you were always full.

Caution death is quick after that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Whoops Blizzard mixed up the dates. Overwatch comes out march 24 2017. Dang.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Musluk posted:

oh poo poo a new thread

time to shitpost till the game is up

and continue shitposting while it's crashing

Why even stop?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Knifegrab posted:

Two more hours for me but lets actually play overwatch together like we always said we would.

Will you play with me?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Knifegrab posted:

I'm a sphinx, solve my riddle, what is best?

HTC Vive.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Adonis Gunther posted:

What can a man do for 25 minutes.

Ideal hands leads to the genitals.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Adonis Gunther posted:

18 minutes left now what.

Redo for less results?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Meanwhile at the blizzard server room,

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Adregan posted:

Said by one person ever.

Please don't cyberbully people.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lastgirl posted:

for what

how long it takes for 351 to die before the servers launch?

The game demands more blood. More skulls for the skull throne!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Lazer posted:

oh hell yeah.

CASH SHOP! TIME TO MAKE TERRIBLE DECISIONS. 50 loot boxes for $40!

I cant wait to be there with you!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

slev posted:

50 boxes for $40 for those of you that really want to waste money

Says the person buying avatars to join clans.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

slev posted:

Who says I didn't already buy boxes

Sounds like your having a fun time then!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dias posted:

God, I swear the people playing at launch are dumber than the ones playing during beta.

There has been some funny games.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Game is so much fun.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shadalator posted:

What are some awesome spots for Tolberones turrets? I know the moving environnents are good, any other primo tips? I like getting a boost from Mei at Temple Cap B. Got the chopper skin for him, so need to know this stuff.

If I could actually remember any map names I would help you. Basically place them at hard turns/points that people cant snipe them from far away. If you wipe a team think about moving the turret so they cant just blindfire kill it on the next rush. If you are annoying the other team will put more effort into you.

You need to stand nearish it and shoot with it, I get alot of the kills with the shotgun.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bloody Pancreas posted:

I can't solo-queue anymore, the stress is real. Guess I just gotta hold myself back for my friends :(

Lol, can't take the pressure from the plebs.

Day one of release.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

karrethuun posted:

I landed a Zarya ult on an entire team last night, then Hanzo ulted and finished them all off. POTG went to the torbjorn hammering on a turret in the corner since the turret got the first 3 actual killshots.

I drove my rip tire into the point and killed 4 people.

POTG is Genji ulting first and ran in and hit all of them down during that same moment.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

MacheteZombie posted:

So who has bought the 50 pack of loot boxes?

Please don't kink shame.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

anime was right posted:

i spent 2 bucks because i wanted to see how the store worked

i got 5 sprays and got the same feeling when you open a bag of chips and there was way more air than you think

That isn't air. It's nitrogen gas to keep the chips fresh.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Jeza posted:

Just testing how to use webm with a couple of PotG. Is there a way to like...thumbnail high quality webms without breaking tables?

https://my.mixtape.moe/xgxknt.webm

https://my.mixtape.moe/csffqv.webm

You can press Q really good!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tequila Sunrise posted:

So this game is right fun. First every game went 10-kill streak, got a quadrakill with D.Va's mech bomb, and got play of the game.

How the hell do I Genji though? His sword swipe/dash does so little damage. My first thought was that I should just soften people up with the stars then dash in. But whenever I do that I'm just a sitting duck because my sword slash has like an 8 second cooldown. So am I just supposed to run up onto vertical terrain and throw stars forever?

Also, what are the points besides the skins? 75/250/1000 obviously relate to cost or quality, but it didn't look like I get points (Like you get IP in LoL or whatever) for match wins. Does that stuff come exclusively from Loot Boxes?

Genji is a ranged character.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Is there/will there be a list of goons (or clans or whatever this game has) for each system? I'm playing on PS4, name is Deadshanks, goons feel free to add me. I'm in Japan though so I'll only be on super late Western time.

Clans have already been formed.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I'll start my own clan, man.

Look in the first post of the overwatch meme thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Brosnan posted:

It does not, sadly. But he is better at jumping around like a retard, which makes it easier to smack people with. (Really though, your bread-and-butter damage comes from throwing ninja stars at people's heads until you can seal the kill.)

Totally making him a "ranged" character!