Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB
What does being on fire/the flame meter mean? Is it purely an indicator of how much you're owning, or does it have any gameplay properties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

The polish and pleasing aesthetics in this game are what has me so hooked. Part of the reason I really love playing D.Va is because it feels really drat cool getting out of and back into a mech. Even if my self destruct kills no one, dropping a new one down and hopping into it with all the first person stuff retained feels awesome.

I've played a few other class based shooters (Dirty Bomb, Nosgoth) and I know Blizzard is MUCH larger of a company, but the work put into OW really shows by comparison. These games really thrive on giving a character a good identity and individual feel and I'm lovin' the job they did. I wonder how much money Blizz makes from this one.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Zarya's charge from 0 to 100 is something like a 2x damage difference, right? I've gone plenty of games as her without dying. She's my go-to for when I don't know exactly what the team needs, because damage and shields is never not needed.

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Zarya's shields nullify the slow from Mei's ult (And her primary, for that matter), so it's really useful for getting you and a lucky teammate outta there.

Genji is probably my least played Hero. How does he perform best? I find flanking with him difficult because unlike Reaper or Tracer you don't have an easy means to erase someone quickly. Do you harass at range until someone is weak and go for the dash reset?

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

So still no D.Va buffs? Are they afraid to make her OP right before competitive, or are they scrapping that idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

Yaws posted:

How do I not piss off my teammates with Meis Icewall? Presumably, using the icewall to block choke points is the most effective use of it, but my teammates sometimes lose their drat minds when I do it?

In conjunction with what others have said, this video should give you a good idea of how Mei's icewall works in practice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzu6u_t7nnQ (Skip forward to the Mei portion)

It's super easy for people to forget their positional placement and when that wall comes between them and their team it's an easy kill. I still think the wall is one of the most broken abilities in the game when used correctly.