Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Zaphod42 posted:

Borderlands is pretty decent once you hack the game's loot tables so you actually see good guns once in a loving while.

The default drop rate in Borderlands 2 for the really rare guns is 1 in 20,000 drops. I'm not exaggerating, that's the exact value. 1 in 20,000. gently caress that.

a true post

I still have cheatengine installed solely in case I wanna play borderlands again. the worst part is that even once you crank the rare drops to a 'good' rate like, a legendary one in every 100 drops you still find so many trash legendaries. it's like the difference between playing reaper of souls and diablo 3 vanilla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

How do you get those titles under your avatar?
I want D.Va's Divas :3:

the meimei thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775648&pagenumber=46&perpage=40#post460121607

if you want a cool avatar just watch the thread and someone will post one, probably.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Brannock posted:

Open Beta had nearly 10 million players and ended on May 10th, leaving 14 days until the release on May 24th

For an American in their twenties, of indeterminate gender & race, the odds on dying on any given day are about 0.00025%, or 1 in 400,000 (give or take a few numbers)

Ignoring other variables (location, age, wealth), 350 Open Beta players will die before they get to play Overwatch on May 24

Death comes...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4klx9i/feel_like_this_needs_to_be_said_before_release/

some redditor posted:

My bud didn't know about the game until open beta came out, we played a bit and he loved it and was very excited for the release. He was hospitalized the week after the beta ended from a severe staph infection and passed away just this Friday. It's very unfortunate that he didn't get to experience the game he was so excited for. I'm glad some people are recognizing the possibility and how unfortunate this circumstance is.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Troutz posted:

Any thoughts about how to go to the bathroom without getting out of my office chair tonight? I don't have a laptop.

use the 10 minutes of downtime between each match showing you scorecards :grin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

KingKapalone posted:

Any details on how rare the orange 1000 cost skins (legendaries?) are? I got one by level 6.

they are legendary rarity. thanks. hope u helped

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Spudd posted:

People are fuckin' salty sailors already God drat

you'd be salty too if you were posting instead of overawtching

makes u think..

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Spudd posted:

nah I mean in game m8

ive had multiple kills already where my opponent stops moving, mid fight, and i just assume they were busy calling their team poo poo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

mccree is a plague on this game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

mcbexx posted:

I left maybe 3 or 4 games prematurely over the course of 3 hours and got a -75%xp penalty that lasts for an hour.

Admittedly, those were ragequits, but gee Blizzard, sometimes people have other poo poo to do and need to leave before the game ends ...

Well, next time I'll just idle for 15 seconds and get kicked.
I wonder what the penalty for that will be.

maybe quit ragequitting games if you want hats, you gigantic baby

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Mccree is the character I switch to when my team sucks and I'm getting pissed off.

:same:

I already thought of the twitch copy paste

I have no skill
I cannot aim
I have one main
Mccree's his name

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Please help, I love this game but have played like one FPS game ever and my aim is total poo poo, but I want to be able to play and enjoy characters who aren't Symmetra and Winston. Is there some way to effectively practice to improve my aim? Even as characters everyone recommends for beginners like Reaper, people run circles around me and I'm not quick enough turning around/get disoriented with all the spinning so they kill me.

Playing a lot. Soldier is, I guess, a good choice if you want to 'git gud' at aiming, since he has a hitscan weapon with minimal spread if you hold fire. (you want to burst with him)

His heal and his rockets means you can get a lot of poo poo done and stay alive a lot even if you can't land bullets.

And hell, if you suck, he can keep running back into the fight. Soldier is good.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hughmoris posted:

Having no skill
Is not a sin,
Throw the flash
Right-click to win

this is good

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZOVuuzxlzw

look at me McCree

I am the high noon now

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Radical posted:

from last page and i dont feel like finding it to quote but your mmr didnt reset from the beta apparently

ya my first game was hard as gently caress and we all came to the same conclusion

on the one hand, no newbie dunking, otoh, it's probably better for the game

but I'm sad that I'll never get to like, play a bastion and feel useful.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Radical posted:

i was just playing with some dota casters & esports people

come now, wangsbig gets like 10 viewers and gogey isnt on a REAL dota team...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

i throw my flash and then i pray
i hope i hit you with my spray

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RanKizama posted:

You are strongly mistaken.

I tried to argue with mccree once b- *boom* *pchew* *pchew* *pchew* *pchew* *pchew* *pchew*

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minorkos posted:

i don't really wanna create a tier list since i don't consider myself that good/informed a player yet. i mean i can try but people will disagree with it and then it'll just be a huge clusterfuck

top tier: mccree, reinhardt, tracer, lucio
mid tier: everyone else
bot tier: mei, hanzo, d.va... probably zenyatta

alright i think that wraps that up

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Kai Tave posted:

Wait am I not supposed to say gg now?

posting is toxic, interacting with other humans is toxic, I want to stay in my room forever and never speak with another disgusting, toxic human being for the rest of my life

I went out to the store and a guy held the door for me. He said "Hey, nice weather we're having, eh?" Only, it was raining. The disgrace, the miserable excuse for a human being, he was toxic and exceedingly problematicwith his irony. Toxic.

And you think this is a meltdown? Wait until you see someone put GG in all chat next time I lose a match. THEN you'll see a meltdown. Watch yourself kid.

Minera fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 25, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gq9kftjJCI

:grin:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Balon posted:

But why do you need 10 sprays for a single character?

so that when someone goes through your teleporter they can know you got it -just right-

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Anubis Point B is probably the best designed control point in the game

agree/disagree?

the left wall removal did so much for it

All my most intense "holy poo poo I can't believe we captured that/defended it" have always been anubis b

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

i get a lot of symmetra flukes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

e: oops, removing names

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

salt/autism post coming up :buddy:

Played a fun Mei game, guy on the other team disagreed

rather then argue or ignore complaints about Mei being OP, I challenged him

he lost pretty hard and I got POTG, the guy telling someone to lynch themselves over picking a character in a video game tried to play the "u mad" card

and a mediocre potg wherein he dies to wrap things up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ1-werxfpo

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the most hanzo of plays, two simultaneous dragonstrikes that do nothing, followed by both hanzos killing each other with scatter arrow :hellyeah:

also last night a Genji managed to head shot me with dragonstrike's arrow, feels bad man.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

teagone posted:

Just look up the career profile of the players you think did bad on your team post-game to confirm your ESPORTS analysis.

Says here they've got 6 hours on Widowmaker and average 2 eliminations a game

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Dastardly posted:

D.va's ult shouldn't make her eject until you press Q a second time. That way I can kamikaze charge the enemy team instead of them seeing and hearing the mech coming from a mile away and casually hiding behind some random lamp post to completely avoid all damage.

this is legit a good idea

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

you know, mei and d.va are weak but functional

zenyatta is just loving trash right now

give him back his hp

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

matchmaking clicked and we played like, 10 or 11 rounds vs the same stack with lots of close matches and plenty of actual GGs. real good poo poo, imo.

overwatch is good, and, I'm glad of it.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Radical posted:

cant you just leave the game before you lose and not get a loss on your profile? do the kda stats even go on your record if you do that?

you can also swap heroes im pretty sure

the stat tracking is in general pretty useless and i lol that there are websites to track it and compare you to others already

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

guy named "clutch" leaves in overtime

:potg:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I noticed today that Hanzo wears only one sleeve of his clothing, and it reminded me of Auron in FFX, especially considering his young master skin wears his outfit normally.

Is it some cliche for ronin in japanese media, or is just justified by added mobility and looking cool? Searching for it pretty much just gives me zero useful information but I am sure there are some huge weeaboos here, with all the lum avatars from ADTRW showing.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

teagone posted:

A quick google search landed me on this vintage picture of a Samurai archer. No idea if it's accurate or just photoshoped.

Also found some links to stuff about Kyudo, the Japanese martial art of archery. I'm guessing what Hanzo and what the man in the photo are both wearing is garb meant for like meditation and spiritual training. I specifically remember a scene in The Last Samurai where I think the head Samurai guy's son is practicing his archery and is wearing the same thing.

[edit] Since I found your observation interesting, I went and found this video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2EnemzBpk&t=80s

This is pretty dope, nice find.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Hypha posted:

Behold, pinterest account dedicated to sandvich. It good.

zarya's social media presence is probably something like the below

https://www.instagram.com/julia_vins/?hl=en

people who demonize zarya as being "the tumblr character" have no idea what it is they even hate and are too dumb to even identify stereotypes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Pumpy Dumper posted:

For everyone on Win10: win + alt + r records the screen. you don't even need special software, its built in to windows 10

I'll keep this in mind when it eventually manages to install itself

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Megazver posted:

Zarya is actually based on a real person. She's an artist at Blizzard. (Or at least was at the time.)

i bet she runs a blog on global warming. she writes on it daily since she has nothing else to do while stationed in antarctica

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zorodius posted:

appeal in the sense of, "You like this right? RIGHT?! Isn't this the kind of bullshit you gobble up??"

where's the reaper's creepers gang tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Zorodius posted:

Reaper is an attempt to create an antisocial 13-year-old boy's wet dream, Genji is what someone thinks weeaboos will love, D.Va is south korean gamer blackface, etc.