Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Are those DDOS attacks still happening cause I just spent 3 KOTH games shooting enemy dudes for no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I placed into Comp at rank 54 and over about 30 games I got up to 60. I've been on a ten game losing streak and have fallen down to 57. They haven't been close games, if a game's close and fun I can say GG at the end of it and feel liek I had a good time, despite the loss. But I've been on team after team after team that's just awful. Is this match making as intended?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Make that 11 comp games in a row in which it's been a total blow out against my team. I played 3 quick play matches and each of them no one was willing to heal or work as a team. I think I'm taking a break from this game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm having a similar experience as Sardis. Started at rank 54 and had about 30 games that were very fun and mostly evenly matched games up to rank 60. Most games were nail biters down to the last second, win or loss. Very fun times. For over a week I've been in a downward spiral, and I'm now at rank 56. I had one or two games that I consider to be fun games where the teams are evenly matched. The majority of matches have been complete blowouts one way or the other, but mostly my team got crushed.

It's been especially frustrating post-Ana. I've had many games with awful connections. Roadhog hooks bouncing off enemy dudes, direct hits dealing no damage, enemies appearing through ice walls, being pulled through walls by enemy Roadhogs.

I don't give two shits about my rank or win/loss, all I want is fun, even matches in a properly functioning game, and for more than a week the game has been frustrating. It's not fun being constantly rolled or doing the rolling. It's not fun to have dumb connection related problems. Right now the game isn't fun for me. :(

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I would party in the street for a week if Anubis was deleted from the game.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Buff Mei buff Mei buff Mei!

Maybe make her M2 capable of charging up like Symmetras ball of energy? Charge up a giant icicle and blast it at dummies.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Competitive was fun while in even matches from 54 where I placed up to 60. Then I was put into game after game where my team was just completely outplayed, not even close. I'm back to 54 finally, I'm excited to see what kind of games I get put in now that matchmaking has hosed me for 2+ weeks. I think in my fall from rank 60 glory I won 2 or 3 games. I guess they designed a good system to make sure people end up where they begin?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
The other day I was playing Mei in comp and I thought I was doing well, despite people complaining at the beginning of every game. I didn't gently caress over my team and I used my ult to shut down several pushes. The best moment was on the Illos level with the point in the building. My team was all in the building and the enemy team was grouped up and advancing. I saw their Dva start charging the point and dropped a well in front of her as she pressed Q. My team exploded in praise and one person even said, "Mei I'll suck your dick for that wall."

I nerfed that. ;)

Mei rules.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Did we find out what the latest countdown to 2:30 EST today was about? I'm assuming we're didn't or it was very underwhelming cause a loot box discussing is occurring... was it a count down to loot box information?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
gently caress

I'm over hype and countdowns.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I always thought overwatch had a strong connection to jrpgs.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
has there ever been an enjoyable match on Hanamura?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I wish a footprint of Mei's ult was shown so it can be targeted better.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I played 12 games last night, including all of my placement matches, and went 9-3. Placed at about 2600. All but one game was lots of fun and evenly matched. Something about match making feels better this season. I'm hyped.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
As time progresses I feel as if I'm the only person who doesn't hate Mei. I like playing as her and I don't mind playing against her. The only heroes I hate playing against are McCree and Reaper. McCree's gun is a better sniper rifle than the sniper character and Reaper's ult makes me irate. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing or who I am or how I react it always kills me.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I love slowing things down as Mei. It's very satisfying for me to grind things to a halt when defending a payload that is 4 ft from the end of the level.

Different strokes I suppose.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Mei's freeze is no different than Reinhart knocking you off your feet, McCree throwing a flashbang, or when Ana puts you to sleep. I'd argue it's more of a feat to freeze a dude than any of those things cause you have to get close to the threat and keep blasting it with your cold attack.

I think letting Mei's M2 fire more quickly she would hang back a bit more to lay down fire and make walls instead if rushing into the fray as much. Although it would make getting frozen by her an almost assured death sentence. It would be nice to shoot fast enough to kill Roadhog and Reinhart tho!

Wildtortilla fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Sep 6, 2016

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I feel like I have a chance when an enemy Mei comes after me but when I'm doing my thing and suddenly I'm stunned or put to sleep without a say in the matter I get angry.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Enemy team should gang up and wait for a frozen Mei to thaw. If it's just you vs Mei leave the situation if it's dire for you. Mei rules I will not back down ever!

Does Roadhog huffing gas bother you too?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
You take back everything you've said about Mei. She's fun to play!

Can we trash talk Reaper's die die die move because nothing has caused me to yell at this game except die die die. It's a mountain of bullshit.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Hanzo can fire ghost dragons and wolves that stop enemy progress for several seconds too.

Mei is the most unique character in the game and is fun and good.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I think Mei and Zarya would be much better if you could see a footprint of their AOE before firing it off. Very similar to the foot print of Mei's wall.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I played Eichenwald in QP once and it was sorta fun. Then my buddy and I played in the brawl a few times and it was maddening. Those players are awful. I haven't yet encountered it in comp games. :(

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I was happier with life before I learned heal slitting was a thing. People are so strange.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
After spending most of my time since launch with Pharah, Roadhog, and lately Mei, I started playing Reaper this weekend and he's a blast! Any tips on how to use his ultimate? I do not have that down yet, I feel like I deal far less damage than I take from enemy Reapers using their ultimate.

Should I just not use it unless my team is popping another ultimate so I don't get focused down instantly?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Last night I was solo ranking and got put on a team with a three man pre-made who were not reading text chat or listening to voice chat outside their clique. They spam picked Genji, Hanzo, and someone else. Me and the two other guys not part of the group tried to form a team around them but it wasn't working and they were obviously not paying attention to our suggestions to change the comp. We agreed it was a post cause and resigned to losing so we each picked heroes to goof around with. As soon as they saw us not taking things seriously they adjusted their comp to try to salvage the matchup. Then we switched back to heroes to complete a good team comp and ended up winning. I'm glad we won but gently caress them for existing in their own private world.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Out of 70 season 2 games I've played the new map once. I've played Anubis about 50 times.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm still stuck on endless Anubis. Seriously it's 2/3s if my matches. It's usually Anubis, Anubis, Illos, Anubis, Anubis, Kings Row, repeat. I don't remember playing any other maps for these past two weeks. I've never enjoyed Anubis and this bullshit makes me miss the option to thumbs down a few maps in Star Craft 2.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
If Blizzard doesn't make match making better I'm going to lose interest in this game. For the past two weeks every time I've played has been roll, get rolled, roll, get rolled, all ranked games. There has to be a better way, right? I don't know how to fix something like this, that's not my job, but I know every game being a blowout isn't fun for anyone. In every game last night at least one person on either side of the blowout was like "lol match making is a joke." People weren't angry about it but still it's a problem.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I've played 88 season 2 games and have seen the new map once. This is ridiculous!

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I just unboxed Mercy's Imp skin, can I join that weird healing club now?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I started with rank ~2600 and was holding steady in the 2500s. Then I hit a streak of really stacked matches against me and then I lost six games in a row because of leavers and now I'm around 2100 and it's awful. Over half of the people in my games are gold rank and most teams in part of end up with at least two of the following: Torb, symmetra, bastion, Hanzo, widow. I think I'm losing more games because of this now. Whyyyyyyyyyy blizzard why?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I spent last night owning the skys as Pharah and had a 4 or 5 game win streak. It brought my rank up a bit. You're right though, if you can aim it seemed possible to DPS yourself out of a predicament liked this.

I'll give Zen a chance today. I tried playing Lucio but at this level people are too dumb to push when I pop sound barrier.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't think Mei's Blizzard has a vertical limit. I've fallen out if the sky frozen while hovering at the peak of Pharahs jump jet. I've also been knocked out of the sky by Reinharts ult.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Few pages back about phantom inputs... I'm having the opposite problem, my inputs are not working. I played a few games Mei and Roadhog and was having problems using Mei's M2 and both of Hog's attacks. I also died many times to Reaper's ult as Mei because my ice block didn't work. I'm trained to press shift as soon as I hear him start saying the first die. It's been a very long time since I've died to it as Mei and last night I died to every Reaper ult. I thought I was simply to tired to play well but maybe there is something funky happening.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My free box had steampunk Tracer. :(

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I hope there Sombra reveal is actually that Blizzard partnered with Nintendo and the new character is Croagunk.

https://www.destructoid.com/the-leaks-were-wrong-pokken-tournament-welcomes-croagunk--396854.phtml

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
1v1 seems to favor some heroes, although I'll admit I only played 4 or 5 match ups so far. But in every match I've played Symmetra, Torb, and Zarya. Symmetra and Zarya and especially uninteresting cause people hide in a room or retreat to allow shields to recharge. Barfo

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

piL posted:

Mei is the only character I get mad at on both teams. Like when Widow maker is on the enemy team, I don't mind because that balances it out, but not only will Mei freeze me, but when some guy I was chasing has like 20 % health left, of course a friendly ice wall goes up. Mei!!!!!

(But seriously Mei players, don't let my annoyance stop you from icewalling)

If you have a good Mei on your team that wall will stop their retreat and let you dog pile the enemy.

I struggle to think of a class/weapon/whatever in any other shooter that I've enjoyed as much as Mei. I think what I liked the most is the mental game behind Mei. You have to anticipate what people are going to do to best use your wall and ice block. I love her ult too because it's quite versatile. Want to chase the enemy out of an area? Want to make a push? Need to buy a second on? Need some area denial? It's great for all that and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

I know level doesn't really matter, but someone who is level 50 will have much more experience than someone who is level 5.
Practical experience.

I mean, will people go 'are you seriously playing Sombra? She sucks!' and then tell me how to play the game. I know it's not really an issue during a free weekend as there's lots of people trying the game for the first time, but will it turn into me getting told how to play when I am just messing around?
Like, will it turn into vs AI being the only way to play the game.

No. Have you had awful experiences with online games in the past? I think you're making a bigger deal of this than the situation warrants. There player base is huge and you can safely play in quick play or other arcade mode with other people to learn the ropes. The only way to learn how to play is by playing. There game is a blast so jump in.