Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

please do not tire shame. it's genetic it can't help it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

What's a comp border, exactly?

i think he was looking at the level border. everyone gets a border around their portrait based on level, comp stuff only shows up in comp (your ranking emblem) or in like, a spray.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Besesoth posted:

(Speaking of comp, I was the only bronze in my all-silver team just now, balanced by an all-silver team with a platinum member. Not sure how that works.)

you could try and logic it out by saying maybe the game is trying to figure out where your actual skill level is by placing you in a game above your visual rank, to see if you do well enough to rank up

but its easier to just say it probably doesn't actually work and it's just fuckin' random

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

It's why the hypothetical Junkrat change they're working on where he gets a second concussion mine is a step in the right direction, because if they do it right it won't so much be a straight numbers buff as a way for skilled players to gain more mobility which is one of Junkrat's primary weaknesses, how easy it is to dunk on him with impunity at ranges where the best he can hope for is to spam M1 and hope you're dumb enough to walk into the cricket balls.

man i've watched too much Chro and all i can think of is how hilariously mobile junkrat can be if you play him right, even with just one conc mine, but then i remember the average junkrat player and i get sad

chro with two mines is going to be a loving monster. :brrring:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

That's it? God, Kapaln has awful taste if he thinks that's her best one yet.

i think it's quite nice, way better than "look at my tits" witch mercy

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

That skin looks in the same brand as her Valkyrie skins except it actually looks good and not total trash

i'll judge it based on how the wings look. i like Sigrun the best right now cause the wings are big and shiny white and they look the prettiest.

i also like sigrun cause i have the hair to potentially pull it off as cosplay if i ever actually wanted to do that.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

It doesn't hold a candle to her Uprising skin. :colbert:

i think that's her worst skin actually :shrug:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gently caress lucioball

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

rocket league is infinitely better than lucio ball. it's not even a competition

also gently caress rocket league though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think i've been watching too much moonmoon spamming doomfist all day cause i don't even notice the vWEEEEEEE charge up noise anymore.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

By comparison to 90s Blizzard RTS games, most games don't.

back in my day we played Dune II where you could only select ONE unit at a time :bahgawd:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I already get "I need healing" spam on the left side of my screen so I'm good on all that thanks

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

teagone posted:

Just a reminder Blizzard's Gamescom coverage starts at 9AM pacific/11AM central tomorrow (Aug 21). Embedded the stream below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN4ZtnLO9WE

New map reveal and animated short.

as a counter reminder the actual short won't be until wednesday, but tomorrow is going to be a video showing the new map and stuff for other games.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

actual map preview video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcPDd16_9dI

:krad:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

"Heh heh...... loving as intended."

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

It may be somewhat reasonable and fully expected but it's a drat shame there ain't a dick spray in overwatch.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i managed to get in a game against moon last night and got a lucky airshot on him :allears:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WildObliqueClintmullinsCeilingCat

shaky hand cam included (briefly)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

No shield reinhardt

Laser murderer symmetra

Torb

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

World of Hearthwatch of the Starstorm 3

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

doesn't the background change based on which map it is? like its blurry but you can still tell if you're on well vs ruins or w/e

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

when I noticed they'd removed the name, I tried using that to predict where we were going but unfortunately the background while you load in has nothing to do with which map you're gonna play in koth

that's lame. i know it used to, but i think i started noticing it being sometimes random when Oasis came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hello page 1337 how are you

1337 like jeff kaplan