Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
As an official old man too old for games, as I'm struggling to overwhelm 20 years of FPS play with Mouse Accel left on via EPP in Windows, Overwatch is loving my aim. Is there any way to set it on again? Yes, yes, I get the pro choice is to play with raw, but it makes the game feel weird as poo poo to someone whose not on every FPS since mlook became a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Just up Bastion's damage fall-off. You want to sit stationary in a stupid open place, you get to die for it. Or make him not be healable by everyone else when turreted, so his choice is heal OR shoot.

Then, I'm one of those people who doesn't found Bastion OP, just loving stupid, so anything that makes him sadder is good.

E: As it fell off the back end of last page:

Shockeh posted:

As an official old man too old for games, as I'm struggling to overwhelm 20 years of FPS play with Mouse Accel left on via EPP in Windows, Overwatch is loving my aim. Is there any way to set it on again? Yes, yes, I get the pro choice is to play with raw, but it makes the game feel weird as poo poo to someone whose not on every FPS since mlook became a thing.

Is this even possible?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I love how if you mapped the people trolling against the DOTA2 thread posters, the Venn is a circle.

(Not that I give a gently caress, mind. It's not at me, it's popcorn reading.)

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Confused - I have 25ms ping, 50ms RTT, yet I continuously have the Lightning Bolt network performance indicator on screen. Nothing else seems to be complaining, just Overwatch, so I'm a little bemused.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Xaerael posted:

I don't get why people think D.Va is bad. She's loving awesome and godly if you practice her and understand her best use in a given situation. I think the problem really is she's utterly unique, and while she has the tank status, she's very much a rogue style play, flanking the opposition and causing their Rein to turn and expose himself to your buddies, killing snipers and Torb turrets, catapulting splodeymech and nuking a team...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcc7tGG25nM

I think the real answer is somewhere in the middle; She's a lot better than people give her credit for, because people don't pay attention to quite how good Shift is, and how quickly it cools down. But 'better than given credit for' doesn't automatically mean 'good'. She's still probably the worst choice you can make for any given role - There's better Tanks, better flankers and they all come with less insane hitboxes. That doesn't make her any less fun (she's one of those great examples where a character can be 'bad' from a power sense, but still super fun to play) mind.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Lady Naga posted:

Rare outside-of-the-game screenshot, this baby is worth a lot.

What the actual gently caress is wrong with these people?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I found out yesterday that Genji reflect can bounce Zarya ult before the projectile lands, and gives you a Zarya ult.

This... this was surprising. :monocle:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

BobTheJanitor posted:

And yes, Mercy's HP is displayed in a place where you can actually watch it in your periphery while focusing on what's under your crosshair. That's nice! I wish my own was displayed somewhere around there, instead of 12 inches away. :sigh:
Seconding this, why your own health bar is so far off in the corner and so neutral coloured you can often not realise quite how low you are is totally beyond me.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Number of lost placement games so far: 3.
Number of placement games where we had 4-5 players from 2 minutes in: 3.
Overlap? 100%

Bah!

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Chin Strap posted:

What do you expect them to do? You can't let it not be a loss, otherwise organized teams will rotate who takes the hit when it is clear that they can't win. They are supposed to have pretty harsh penalties for competitive leaving, and I haven't heard any better proposal than that. You are supposed to be able to leave after a team member is gone for a minute (no leaver penalty but still counts as a loss).

Oh, nothing - The solution they have is probably one of the few that works. Doesn't make it any less annoying when trying to get placement done that your placement might in fact he heavily decided by other raging man children. Them's the breaks, really.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I finished them at Rank 52 anyway, which seems to be pretty decent. I did utterly rice S76 for the whole time though, so I think I'd need to be careful in my character selection to maintain or improve it.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Getting rapidly tired of games being settled by the 2 man that's always 'Pharah with permanently attached Mercy'. It's actually good gameplay, as they're rewarding coordination, but it's making comp outside of my group annoying to the point of not wanting to do it. Cuts both ways too, duo queue as it and you can just settle the whole tempo of a game. Well, minus one of the savant Widowmakers, but even they only get one shot before the amped missiles start coming in.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Also, it doesn't reward quality of play, it purely rewards quantity of play (Oh, Blizzard making a treadmill? WELL I loving NEVER.) purely because of Matchmaking; It's not like if you're better you're going to have a high winning percentage, because by definition they'll be putting you against other people who are better too - So if working as intended, everyone (but the real outliers) will have ~50%, which means everyone will earn the rewards at the same rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Widowmaker Ult is terrible anyway, both in terms of inventiveness and effect (giving a team a maphack is just dumb, it basically says 'Hey ignore these FPS skills for X time') so anything that replaced it would be better.