Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Isn't TCJ still voice banned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Aranan posted:

Mouse sensitivity chat. Where are all the settings found for your mouse sensitivity? I am on windows woth a logitech mouse, so from what i can tell its control panel, Logitech software, and in game. Do all these settings do the same thing? Control panel and in game are just labeled sensitivity with either a number scale (in game) or tick marks (control panel) but the Logitech software is showing DPI.

I am a bad nerd and don't know what all this stuff means.
I use "Logitech Gaming Software" for my G502 to adjust DPI fwiw. But it looks like it's designed specifically for that model; it's got the "G" logo, so maybe it's for all G mice.

Outside of that, I've set my sensitivity to max in Windows, and my OW sensitivity to 28.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

T.G. Xarbala posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8V7w9FLeNQ

I never got around to installing a webm converter
You could just use gfycat

https://gfycat.com/FewReadyDoe

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'm so happy Seagull misses his Roadhog hook finishers, too.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

busfahrer posted:

I'm sitting at 3 games won out of 20.

I played the beta, and my win rate was fairly 50/50 in that. Is someone else seeing something similar?
I was owning people pretty well in the beta. Not exactly so now.

Probably because ranked play isn't included, so there's no separate scrub league to boost our egos.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Reflecting a High Noon is pretty straightforward. I reflected with a headshot, but is that required to kill McCree, or can you just do a (err) body shot?

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I really hate playing Roadhog, because most of his skins are pretty ugly, the default included. The Maori/Polynesian one is, at the very least, mondo expensive, and I still haven't cracked like 500G yet.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Is the BNet app a bit of a computer hog? I find it taking up a decent part of my % in Task Manager, even when it's just idling. I've read about people recommending that you turn it off while playing for various boosts.

Obviously, many might not learn if they have a monster computer, but it looks pretty significant here.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
So I just upgraded to Windows 10, and BNet logged me in to my European realm instead of the US one. I accepted a friend invitation from a US-based person, and now it's only there in my European friends list. How do I go about "moving" it to the US one?

Or did the person specifically send the invitation from a European realm?

God this system is annoying.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jun 23, 2016

ufarn
May 30, 2009

clockworkjoe posted:

Is anyone else experiencing severe lag and choppiness since the latest patch? Overwatch was fine for me up until a week ago or so. Now, every single game is extremely laggy and choppy and it's not really playable. I've scanned and repaired the game, updated my geforce drivers, and even uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no effect.
Same here. The patch definitely changed something, you're not crazy. If you want to see for yourself, run PingPlotter (just pinging google.com) and compare. I didn't have any issues; it's only Overwatch whose network graph is all over the place.

Game's basically unplayable, if you're semi-serious about it. At least I don't play hitscan heroes.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 13, 2016

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Had two dudes just commentating on how their team (ours) sucked, as if they were in group chat or something. Didn't make it better that one of them was a dead ringer for TotalBiscuit.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I imagine a *sync monitor would be the biggest change in terms of the steady FPS. But if you can get something that runs 60+ consistently, you'd be fine too, I guess.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
People getting mad when you counterpick their 2x symmetra and 2x hanzo is a great feeling.

The counterpick is just all the winstons

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

What did Blizzard think they were going to accomplish with the ggez filter

It's blindingly obvious what's really being said and now just more people say it after a stomp because they think the filter is funny
"Any mechanics aimed at fostering positive communication ends up repurposed for passive-aggressive commentary." - Rocket League's Law.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Mukaikubo posted:

I'm riding a streak of 8 competitive games with a leaver early enough to cause the game to be abandoned. :v:
It's a known EU issue - probably DDoS

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCSEU_EN/status/774255533637439488

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Tactically denying people the ability to heal is the scariest thing Ana can do. Like, sure, her ult's great, but watching her basically turn off a Zenyatta ult so that Genji could do his thing was pretty eye-opening.
Can she use it after the ult is triggered, or does it have to be before?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It doesn't actually do anything to Zenyatta, but if she tags 3+ people in his aura then his aura basically goes to waste.
Makes sense that it would proc, still pretty crazy considering how protective the ult is.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Yaws posted:

How do I not piss off my teammates with Meis Icewall? Presumably, using the icewall to block choke points is the most effective use of it, but my teammates sometimes lose their drat minds when I do it?
You can use it like a StarCraft 2 Sentry by cutting the enemy team in pieces with walls *behind* them instead of in front of them. That way, you can go 6v2 and get some easier kills, especially with chokes like the first Hanamura point.

And by blocking ults, Rein charges, hook pulls, whatever you have the reflexes for.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Why am I in a queue to log in with 40 people on the US servers?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Cicadalek posted:

I really don't understand this loving game
I just hope a lot of scrubs come back for the Halloween event to help me recover my dismembered ranking.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
If not for D3, I wouldn't think Blizzard could be this incompetent.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Guw posted:

So is D3.

Now at least?
They did an amazing job salvaging it. The year leading up to it was very, very bad, though. Everything sucked, and the (Real Money) Auction House and Jay Wilson are a distant memory.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Kuros posted:

Time's person of the year is.... you!

Can you imagine how salty everyone would be?
Well we were all there during the Sombra ARG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Splinter posted:

How're they gonna add crossover skins without a Goliath DVa??
The big issue with OW skins is maintaining the hitboxes, and I imagine DVa might be one of the hardest of them all regarding this.