Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I do not mind offensive Torb at all as long as he is up there causing ruckus and throwing out armour packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

In no universe is Genji going to give me 75 armour and deploy something to cover my back

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Operation Juicebox posted:

Have had some amusing reactions in voice chat to people realising I'm a chick though. I feel like I should start recording them.

Please record them. I love cringy humour

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Say "tee hee I'd date you but i'm a little too FRIGID" and then just troll them with Mei icewalls.

Or ignore them. Your call.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

In my opinion you either play a hero that gets you a lot of gold medals or you just play what hero your team needs and then probably win games. Who gives a gently caress how many medals you get, it's relative.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I've been playing a bit of McCree lately and I think he is really feast or famine in regards to shooting dudes. Sometimes you will gunfight and get outdamaged and die and other times you will just headshot 3 people in a row and it's brutally overpowered. I'll use FTH on most people if I get the drop but I think the important thing is getting good at a precise headshot after the flashbang to sort out Tracers and Genji's

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Why do i never get to play Dorado what the fuuuuuuck

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you main a character you should be ashamed. I'll always play what I think the team needs, but most of the time what the team needs is for me to kill people. The one exception was this dude I saw who had 45 hours on Reinhart and was a really good Reinhart.

Anyway, I don't think you even get close to your capabilities without trying out a bunch of different characters on different maps both attack and defense. Like, if someone instalocks Widow on Kings Row attack I won't be mad because that is a good play: Widow makes it a lot harder for defense to hold that first choke.

However, if someone instalocks Genji they are almost guaranteed to be terrible.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

gmq posted:

The team always needs more Zarya. :colbert:

Yeah dogg. Zarya is strong as hell. I've stopped playing her for the moment because of her right click bug but once that is sorted out I'm all over it.

Quick question: Does Graviton Surge allow Reinhart's Earth Shatter to go under an enemy Reinhart's shield?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Here are some brawl ideas

Winston only, unlimited jump pack, one hit melee kills

Pharah only, touching the walls of a level instantly kills you

6 soldier 76s vs 1 genji with 800 health. Genji gains no ult charge

Hanzo, Tobjorn, Zenyatta. Headshots only

Regular match but every player is a Rip-Tire

Bastion only, constantly in tank mode. Tank can drive on any surface

6 roadhogs vs 1 lucio. Whoever hooks Lucio wins but Lucio has no cooldown on Amp it Up

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Tracer definitely annoys me the most out of all the characters. Even the sound of her guns is like the buzzing of a gnat.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

His orbs remained on target even out of LOS. So you would have a Genji with +50 shields getting healed constantly

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Good

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

The ability to track targets was inside you all along

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Only thing I can think of doing for Roadhog is shortening his chain slightly. I've hooked and been hooked by some ridiculously long chains before

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I wish there was a middle ground between competitive and "lol whatever dude it's quickplay i'm just messing around"

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hanzo is fun to play but he sucks in a way that drags your whole team down

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I have had success playing Hanzo on first point Dorado. Sonic for your team then make a break for the flank that takes you to the first cap point. People rarely expect flankers and they definitely do not expect a Hanzo to do anything other than snipe uselessly from the backlines. You can get a couple solid picks and it makes it a lot easier for your team to push up to the archway

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It's a drat shame that Hanzo is going to be even more useless, as there is always one on my team.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

When Hanzo comes off a wall climb and is in the air, his arrow should charge like 500% faster. Also his right click should draw and fire 3 arrows in a random pattern like FTH but with a delay on firing.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Tobjorn is a racist little creep, but his kit is strong and his armour packs really increase peoples survivability against certain heroes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Ana is the perfect grandma because she heals you with broth, helps you take naps, and uses nanomachines to increase your speed and attack damage.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I would probably go Winston. People can't sneak up on you if you just jumped into the middle of them.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If tobjorn main i happy

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It's also strong by itself if you're fully engorged and they don't have a reinhart

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

D.Va's mech takes damage when you are climbing in. D.Va herself takes damage if you shoot her while she is getting into the mech. To avoid this, use your mech calldown to kill the player you are fighting.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think if you sleep someone, then hipfire+grenade+melee that is enough to kill a 200 health class.

80+100+30. I'm not sure though as right now i have to be at stupid work for the rest of the stupid day

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Ah i see. Biotic grenade only does 60 damage to enemies.

I dicked around on a couple matches before work.
D. Va seems fun and good. The changes to Defense Matrix are an interesting way to go. Makes her way more survivable but based on decision making, as she still has a huge frontal headshot zone. Didn't get to clown on any fools as Zenyatta but I reckon he will be awesome as well. Soldier didn't really get nerfed that much, or at least it didn't stop me from clowning.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I was thinking you could wake up a flanker with 5 orbs to the dome

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Because I don't want to have to play KOTH five times

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'll practice heroes in quickplay but not for the whole match. I've been trying out Hanzo on attack for a lot of maps because of his wallclimb but i'll normally switch off if we take the point or i'm getting nothing done. Besides, if you're just getting dumpstered what are you going to learn?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you main any hero you should, without hyperbole, kill yourself

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Reinhart, Zarya, Mei, Symmetra, Winston all have attacks that go through Defense Matrix. Roadhog's hook also does.

If I was up against that comp i'd have like 2x Zarya, Roadhog, Lucio, Mei and Reaper probably. Zarya would chew through D.Va and Reaper could flank and put the clamps on

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

That seems insane to me. I don't even melee when i hook dudes and i oneshot like crazy

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

D.Va is just really good now. I always liked playing as her but there were other people much more effective at her role. Now I think she interacts better with a lot more heroes. One thing I would change is make it so Defense Matrix doesn't stop Firestrike or Symettra's M2 orbs. Makes sense logically (how do you shoot a wave of fire or light out of the air?) but would increase Reinhart and Symettra's ability to counter.

For me the biggest change is her ult. Not being damaged by it has opened it up in so many ways: i used it to tank a n enemy D.Va ult, hitting my ult as my mech was destroyed. I reckon you could use it to block the explosion from your team as well.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I feel that... it does matter

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I reckon they'll either increase the drain rate or increase the cooldown between toggles. Having the same total uptime and cooldown but being able to toggle it on and off is a huge buff. That's the only thing I think they'll nerf on her. The ult change has opened up more options for her and I don't think they'll take that away.

McCree either needs a slight damage nerf or a bit more dropoff. I feel with Zen becoming more viable he's a decent counter to Pharah, coupled with Soldier they probably don't need another character to be good at murdering people at long range.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Reinhart's shield is so O.P, completely nullifies my whole Ult charge as Zarya.

Plenty of Ults get shut down by regular abilities

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I've actually been having a really good time playing Overwatch lately. The exhilarating rush of flying around as D.Va while high on marijuana is difficult to top ingame, and now she is super strong it's just pure clowntown for me. I've also been playing characters I've neglected, such as hunkrat, who is fun as all hell. It's really quite suprising that at least for me, 90% of the characters are extremely fun to play, whereas TF2 I probably only really enjoyed 30% of the characters.

Also now not as many people slampick Hanzo I've started to play him a bit more and he can still be pretty strong. People play him like a sniper when really you should play him like a flanker who can backstab every 5 seconds from range. Another thing is determining how long to charge the arrow: it's better to hit someone with 200hp with 2 100dmg arrows rather than two 125dmg arrows.

Schneider Inside Her fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jul 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I absolutely cannot stop playing Hanzo in solo queue. Something has happened to my mind. I reckon i've lost every single game I've played, but always with gold in elims and objective kills. My MMR is gonna be so hosed.

It might be time to play Zarya again.