Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Remember that when you play D.Va you're playing two different characters. A lot of D.Vas i see have no chops at Zero Suit D.Va and being good at Zero Suit D.Va is how you string together huge loving killstreaks. If your mech isn't blowing up a shitload you're not doing enough work. When you get ejected in a 1v1 or 1v2 situation come out of your mech and immediately go on the offensive: people will panic/die if they get stung with 3 headshots right off the bat.

Always boost into melee
Work on your tracking
Defense Matrix can cancel the ults of like half the cast
Think about if you're better off using your ult to get kills or if you're better off keeping it up and being way more aggressive. It's basically a counter ult in the sense that if Genji flips out you can detonate it and he'll have to make the call to try and get kills or get out of the way/ if D.Va ults you can just tank it and detonate your ult
Equip the Salt spray
Smoke marijuana before playing D.Va

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Honestly don't know why the flashbang isn't a single target lasoo similar to roadhogs hook

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Proposition Joe posted:

Well this wouldn't work on shielding Reinhardts like the flashbang does. And you wouldn't be able to throw it on the ground to stun reflecting Genjis either.

Yeah I'm aware

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Even when I'm playing comp I feel compelled to play top tier characters, which is at odds with what this game actually brings to the table: a shitload of characters that are all fun as hell to play.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Reckon you could use double concussion as Junkrat?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I love playing D.Va. I get so amped up while playing because you've got to be so on the ball in regards to boosting and Defense Matrix, and when you can stand there and eradicate someone with the shotguns. It's like: Boost? No. Boost? No. Boost? YESYESYESYESYES and then I open palm the shift key and boost like crazy. Only way it could be better is if the shift key was macro'd up to a machine that would spray aerosolised liquid cocaine into my wide open eyes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I still think her M2 should fire at high velocity and then slow down. Also she should be able to teleport from sentry turret to sentry turret

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I absolutely cannot wait to get home and clown on dudes as Hanzo

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Just accept your burn with grace and humility

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I feel like Winston is probably the tank that is easiest to shut down in that a fair few of the cast can do it no worries (Reaper, Roadhog, Bastion) but if you're clever you can really 1vX a fair few 200hp heroes in a way that no other tank can. It's all about the barrier, and then, all about when to pop your ult. Commoner's effort post on Winston should be required reading if you want to bust someone down into their component pieces scientist-style.

The only thing I would add is to always finish people by punching them. That way you get a high melee kill score, and also if you get POTG you will look like a badass. Oh and figure out how your barrier interacts with the rest of the cast. Obviously blocking sleep darts and poo poo is baller as hell but what is better than that is placing your barrier so the Pharah or Jrat blow their first shot and do damage to themselves in the process. Imagine a Pharah who is one shot down, and also on 120 health. Now imagine yourself electrocuting that Pharah to death. Imagine her boosting into the sky to escape you, and you leaping after her, hitting her in the brain with your fist.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you want to be good at Overwatch play a lot of different characters initially. If i see someone whose career profile is all Genji I know they are going to be a terrible Genji. Develop your gamesense on heroes that don't need to aim, and develop your aim on those that do. The most important thing is to play a wide variety of heroes so when you fight those heroes you have a better understanding of what they are capable of.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I like to slam pick Hanzo on attack and then type
WELCOME
TO THE HANZONE

And then just clown on dudes with Hanzo because he was strong before and now he is just ridiculous

In line with Commoners great post about Winston here is my effort post about Hanzowning people:

Hanzo is terrible at defense. He fires too slowly, and it is easy for people to be like "there is a Hanzo, just like, keep that in mind" and then your line is overrrun because at best, you take one person out of the fight. Play him only on attack and play him like Genji: flank people, get behind enemy lines. If they don't know you're aiming at them they are easy to predict and headshot.

Don't fire every shot at 100%. A 66% headshot will kill Tracer, 75% will kill any 200hp hero. In a 1v1 its better to put some damage on your target rather than none.

ALWAYS Dragonstrike from like, right up against a wall facing their team.

When someone comes to find you and kill you because of the pain you've been causing their team just scatter arrow them. They are dead now.

Hanzo is like McCree in that he wins 1v1s by killing the other person before they can do poo poo. It's important as Hanzo to immediately leave any fight you haven't won yet. Just wall climb a bunch.

I really cannot stress this enough: as Hanzo you gotta be flanking dudes and using your wallclimb to the max. ALWAYS be shooting the enemy from the side or from behind. ALWAYS be like, pretty close to the enemy. ALWAYS win fights by instantly killing your opponent. It really fucks me off when someone plays Hanzo by shooting from the backlines. It's like, if you weren't Hanzo I would be Hanzo, and we would have won.

People are complaining a lot now about scatter arrow being broken but it had always been broken

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also Ana is full on overpowered and none of my friends agree with me

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I'm now ok about climate change

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Perestroika posted:

In my experience (in comp, at least), that just leads to the Lucio getting picked off immediately. Lucio will pretty much always be a high-priority target, and if he's anywhere close enough to punch or boop people he'll just get mulched in a second. Especially if there's a capable Roadhog or McCree on the other team.

Lucio is small, can increase his speed at will, regens health, can disrupt people with right click, can wall ride. You can use his Amp It Up cooldown to leave basically any fight. He's very hard to kill if played adequately. It's hard to get kills with him from range because he does such low damage, but if you get in close you're more likely to tag someone with 4 headshots, after which you can weave in a melee + soundblast to do like 128 + 30 + 25 damage. That's optimal of course.

Obviously don't solo frontline but you should be mixing it up with the rest of your team. This also allows you to Soundblast enemies into bad situations/ push away an ulting Reaper

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Wait until you are 50 charge and have your personal shield ready to go, then gravitron surge them and kill them yourself

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Hanzo is a great pick on Attack Dorado.

Also, if you're new to the game I recommend playing a heap of the heroes initially. You'll get better at the fundamentals of the game and also develop a better understanding of what your enemies are capable of when you are fighting them.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

10 bucks says Panfilo's terrible character designs are part of the Sombra ARG

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

DeathSandwich posted:

Is it sad that I want Hanzo to be nerfed? Not because I think he's broken or overpowered, but because I'm sick and tired of seeing 2 of them in every game? It's always the same couple of weeabos that play him and have twice as much time playing him as all the other characters combined, and 4 times out of 5 they are worthless fodder that gets eaten by reaper/tracer/winston before contributing anything special.

There was always Hanzos before his buff and there will always be Hanzos. The difference being now it is easier to do better as Hanzo than before. Anyway, Hanzo rules and is super strong. Only ever play him on attack.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

It's a good feeling to tag someone with 4 headshots when they're moving perpendicular to you. Also to juke a bunch of Zen orbs by wallriding towards him and finishing him with soundblast + melee.

I like playing Lucio a lot but my team and I get better results when I play a DPS or Zarya. You've really got to playing your A game if you want to do appreciable, game-swinging damage as Lucio.

I been playing some Ana finally and she is pretty fun! My Jarate aim is dogshit though.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If we're getting clowned on and I don't have gold in every category except healing then I am not playing well enough. If we are doing well and I don't have gold in every category except healing then I am not playing well enough.

Keep the context around medals in mind. If you have gold damage you should have gold elims. If you have gold damage as Tracer but silver or worse elims all you've done is feed the enemy supports ultimate. Also pay attention to the non medal stats to the right. I have a basic idea of how much damage I prevent as Zarya each match, so I can use these stats to get a vague sense of if I am performing or not.

At the end of the day if you're the kind of player who gets incensed about constantly being matched with terrible teammates you are almost definitely terrible as well.

Also I see a lot of chatter in here about people maining characters. Do not do this! The things that will make you good at Overwatch is aiming and positioning, and you will learn that on every character. I've got about 200 hours in this game and my most played character (Zarya) is at 20 hours.

Like, if the only character you play is Pharah you will only ever learn how Pharah interacts with maps, and you will hit a wall when you come up against people with way more knowledge.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

The only thing I grind in Overwatch is my bootheel onto noob faces

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Christmas skins suuuuuuuuuuuuck

Can't wait for halloween skins though. They're gonna be awesome

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Improve your positioning

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If I'm doing QP and no one picks a healer I'll usually just play Lucio. He's pretty self sufficient and lets you practice 1v1s with him because if you get killed and your team wipes because they're not getting healed who loving cares? You hate those people anyway

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Might be invisible omnics for the PvE mode

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Kashuno posted:

An ult that put all enemy abilities on a 15 second cooldown would be amazing (and possibly broken?)

McCree shoots you in the head twice

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Mei loving rules

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

She's like Roadhog in that people are all "oh my god Mei is so loving OP" as they charge in completely separated from their team

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Uh Hanzo rules. I understand it can be frustrating to get oneshot by arrow spam but if Hanzo is doing that you'll probably win the game

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

About half the people i play with are shithouse so I just take my comps when I can get em and QP or rage and bail when I can't

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I got the Dr. Junkenstein skin but unfortunately Junkrat is garbage tier

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

He's fun to play but I find there's too many characters in the game that instantly transform him into a liability, whereas a character like Hanzo is pretty good on paper but played almost exclusively by terrible players

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

What he needs is a claw or spike on his pegleg that enables him to stick to walls

And a one second cooldown reduction on his trap and conc mine

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Riptire should also leave a trail of burning oil that puts a DoT on people that cross it

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

lucioball was bad and you should go buy rocket league

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Zarya will only win 1v1s when she's all juiced up. Just don't fire at her when she is shielded as you will turn her into a monster. Of course, sometimes it makes sense to burn through her shield and kill her before she can make use of the damage.

Reaper can just straight up burn through her shield and health with no worries.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Must have been missing or only partially hitting your shots. If I'm Zarya and a Reaper gets up in my grill I'm toast unless I have charge and my barrier is off cooldown and I can juke a couple of his shots.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

TheresaJayne posted:

Santa Reaper is a must....

Only if it turns his ult callout into "HO! HO! HO!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah she synergises with some heroes better than Lucio. She's good with Pharah and a 76 that uses his mobility to stay on highground. In my opinion play a bit of Lucio in quick play and get a feel for him. He's an extremely strong character and in my opinion very fun to play.