Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I think Symmetra needs to be able to lock down areas better. Maybe make it so her turrets reveal the enemy to her so she can make better decisions when she goes in to kill them.

They also need to increase the velocity of her right click when it is fired and slow it down after a short period, so she can use it up close to put some damage onto people.

Like if Torbjorn is good at locking down open spaces, Symmetra should be good at locking down rooms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Haha good one

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah it's probably because McCree is the strongest dps character in the game by a huge margin, and his ult didn't need to be as insane as it was. Also that it was kind of arbitrary that he kept it.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

You can fire an M2 directly up and time it to fire one down as you jump and hop the left hand gap to Hanamura B.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Winston is strong as all hell. He's a really good character who is countered by specific characters but for the most part rewards intelligent play. He's probably the most balanced character in the game.

Like how would you buff him? Anything would turn him into a monster.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Commoners posted:

I think one of the only things I would change with Winston is letting his shield cooldown start once he drops the shield. That or marginally increasing the shield health due to double Winston no longer being a thing would be the only things I would even consider without taking him into ultra retard broken territory.

Yeah maybe increase the cooldown by a couple of seconds while starting the cooldown as soon as it's activated. As it is it's hard to use it for anything other than self preservation because otherwise you can't really fight for like 20 seconds. I feel like the shield health is at a good place: it can withstand a bit of fire but a few people firing on it shreds it.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

They should also change his melee attack so it is like a hammerfist coming down onto peoples heads. Add a *donk* sound. Increase damage to 50 if you want Winston to be completely broken.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Kilometers Davis posted:

True

Anyone feel like telling me how to get good as Winston? Gorillas are absolutely my poo poo and I love how he plays but I always feel like a suicidal distraction vs a serious threat most of the time.

Commoners did a great post on Winston a while back. My quick advice is to use your melee a ton. Jump at a dude, melee midair, land, electrocute, melee. Winston's tesla gun does like 60dps or something? I'm not sure. Anyway, you can turn a 200hp class into a 120hp class by the time you've landed on em, and then when they are at 30hp kill them with another melee.

Your ult full heals you, so use it when you are low. Also ulting resets your jump pack cooldown, so if you are hella far from the point and it's getting capped you can jump, ult, jump and you'll probably be there. Same thing is true in reverse: leap into the air as your ult ends, leap back to your team.

Drop your barrier in midair if you're jumping into gnarly territory, it's a sphere so it'll protect you as you come in.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think Zarya's ult charge is in a pretty good spot. Takes a long time to get it but if you're juiced up and doing work it charges in no time. I do like the 25% ult charge increase across the board. Will make em feel more like ultimate abilities.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I only play this game for the skins

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Yeah it's almost like that

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Definitely do not buy lootboxes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Like i dunno how you could look at what's in the lootboxes, the rate at what good stuff drops from lootboxes, and the rate at which you get lootboxes and think "i'm gonna spend money on lootboxes." You would have to be a complete simpleton.

Now, if you have a full time job and not a lot of spare time to play Overwatch, I get it. But those people are not the ones complaining about losing the fast 20 after each prestige.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

Uh the comp lockout starts at like 5 minutes how many times did you crash

uh oh

busted

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I thought that change made it so grazes at max range wouldn't contribute knockback

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Counterpoint: her ult is good and charges fast

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah I heard she is hard to master but I figured I'd be terrible with anyone I started with so I might as well practice on the hero I want to play! My friend is a diamond class so she has been playing with me and giving me tips on what Tracers are supposed to do and how to be effective with them. Some guy in Quick Play was very upset that a level four was playing with level 200s but whatever it's Quick Play. Are there any good Tracer players I should watch, I think that would be useful! I've been reading and watching videos on how to make the most of her but I figure just watching a good Tracer play a few matches would help loads!

Make sure you try all the heroes, you'll probably be suprised with who you like playing. I thought for sure I was going to main Tracer but most of my early gameplay was as Zarya, who rules.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Use his sprint ability to take high ground, and use his sustained damage to finish kills that your teammates started.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Reinhart also doesn't have to reload

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Papercut posted:

No one's arguing that DVa is a better boost choice than Rein :rolleyes:

Wasn't saying that. I was saying that Rein not having to reload is one of the reasons he's such a good (probably the best) nanoboost target. Dva is probably the worst tank to nano. Roadhog is pretty bad unless he is ulting. I feel like Zarya would be a total monster nanoboosted but I never see it happen.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I got the Reaper skin and the Junkenstein skin. Don't really play Junk cos he sucks but I play Reaper a bit

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Snazzy Frocks posted:

yeah dorado sucks

Whoa what is this terrible opinion

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I've discovered the Hanzone. To get there you have to consume 4 IPAs and some marijuana. Then the spirit of the dragon will guide your hand

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I think Lucio is crazy fun but whenever I play him with my friends we are guaranteed to lose

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Zarya is a super strong hero that rewards good positioning. Her beam stretches pretty far when you're charged and being able to disengage to regen your 200 shield is important. Zarya is hard to kill and more than most heroes is punished by dying, as you lose your charge. You'll outlast people if you keep then at optimum range and use your bubble well.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Duck and Cover posted:

You could try having a discussion instead of being toxic/insulting to people you disagree with but I imagine that's too much to ask. You should try taking a lesson from me, I discuss issues.

you post garbage

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I played a couple of 1v1 rounds and just got ripped apart by 3500 players. It was a loving nightmare

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

You should worry if Sombra is on your team

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Ana's grenade is hosed. It makes her impossible to dive on as you have to burn your way through 300hp while copping 80 damage bodyshots, deep in enemy territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

You can do it as Hanzo but you gotta be sly. They always stop to fire so if you can get a flank on them you can headshot them pretty easily. If you mess up though you're dead and you'll always lose a shootout.

Since I jumped back in I've been playing Hanzo every QM and it's really increased my enjoyment as Hanzo has a high skill cap and is a pretty good hero if you play him offensively. Furthermore, playing Hanzo will prevent someone else on your team from picking Hanzo.