Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What is the opposite of a stereotype

A statistical outlier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I really wonder what it would have looked like if Project Titan hadn't been scrapped. Would the 21 characters be used as an array of legendary NPCs, like the cast of Warcraft? Can you imagine turning quests in to these people?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I really hope you guys have more interesting poo poo to talk about in real life.

Do you think any of us would be here if we did?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah at first I was annoyed by the weird choices for POTG, but then I remembered that it's some algorithm picking them and not a person and embraced the wackiness. Now I wish it was even a little MORE open to random picks.

"Play Of The Game"

killcam of Widowmaker as she runs to Point A from Spawn, sees it's about to get capped, and turns around back to to Point B as the Attacking team overtakes her

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

anime was right posted:

mei is slowly becoming teemo

Makes sense since Overwatch is a MOBA.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

a cat on an apple posted:

I just got gold in objective time with a 00:01

:psyduck:

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes me need to take a break.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I just pooped all over a streamer. People pay that guy money. Should I be streaming to let people pay me to poop on people with rockets

Maybe it's different with Overwatch, but in my experience being good at a game and being a popular streamer are not really related.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I dislike both racism and bad sportsmanship. I hope this isn't too controversial.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Kabraxis posted:

No, it obviously isn't. I agree that good sportsmanship is a good rule to follow as I follow it when I play. The worst I'll do after an easy stomp match is say like "heh, that was easy" to my bros in my party voice chat.

I also can't help but feel like if someone on an opposite team says "easy" after a match, and it rates more than a sarcastic eye-roll from me, then I might be a huge pussy.

I hear you, man. Looking like a pussy in front of your bros is the worst.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I always strive to use the most precise language to inform just how owned the opposing team has been. Every GG is rated from "2 EZ" to "close 1"

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Any game I win is good and any game I lose I already abandoned.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

The only thing worse than being a pussy is being a troll. I am a 100% sincere bro.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I think everyone in this thread, including myself, should be banned from all Blizzard games . . . for life.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

if it's meaningless then why are you upset about it? honest question, has no one ever had to deal with just reg-rear end trash talk in their lives before? what activities do you engage in where there is competition and absolutely nobody ever says anything even remotely funny, sarcastic, or even in "bad manners"? if you don't like trash talk that's fine but I have never played any game, sports or e-sports or otherwise, where everyone just arrived to play, played the game in relative silence, talked about their wives or the weather, and then just left afterward

It's fun to hang out with friends and have fun.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

does chaos gaming count as continuously killing their healer as they leave spawn because that what i do as shotgun ghost

I think that's just playing well.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

no offense but if you have ever actually played a sport in real life you're be pretty inured at this point to people calling your skills into question, telling you that you're bad, or generally questioning why you thought you could play (with them?)

Woah. I don't think your friends like you very much.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

PantsBandit posted:

I'd like to see a Brawl that is all tracer 50% c/d time on shift, no E move.

Just 12 people zipping around like mad taking pot shots at one another.

Kinda reminds me of playing TF2 with only baseball bat scouts. poo poo was the best.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

i actually like them enough to not think they'll crumble like brittle cookies if someone makes a joke with them

Maybe it's the nature of internet communication, but what you described reads less like a joke and more like a dedicated put-down campaign.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

"dedicated putdown campaign" made me laugh out loud

yes, when my friend whiffs an easy Widowmaker shot on his PotG cam and we all make fun of him for it, it's systematic and organized bullying

Seeing the signs is the first step. Good luck on your journey of recovery.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

toward recognizing that you are a terrible poster

haha a joke, in the spirit of camaraderie. Good one, pal.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

whenever someone is a dick to me I just say "lol you play X class" and that usually turns the tides pretty well

it doesn't matter what class, it works with all of them

Eonwe, I always thought of you as a nice and gentle soul. This is brutal.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Eonwe posted:

I'll always be nice to you, GlitchThief

The pact is sealed.

Also, we should play some Overwatch some time.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Jesus Christ, why are Overwatch players always so loving horny?

Last night during placement matches, I saw a Mercy spray a wall then sit in front of it until a McCree player "acknowledged" her. At that point she got up and healed only him the entire match. I spent the match with no heals and the suspicion that a couple of the players were whacking off during the game.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Yo I forget. When I solo queue for Quick Play or Competitive Play, do I end up with a bunch of other solo queuers or am I setting myself up to get stomped by a 5-stack?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wait, aside from being the official tryhard mode, how is comp different from QP?

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

How the gently caress do you play Sombra? So far I'm playing her as a worse Tracer. I can't quite seem to get the flow of attacking and fleeing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Didn't he name himself after one of the researchers? I would assume that's the Winston in the e-mails.