Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm going to be a hero today. :patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Ddraig posted:

Overwatch reminds me of the early TF2 when it was actually balanced and each character had clearly defined roles and you didn't really have to wonder what type of bullshit you would be up against today.

In Overwatch, when you see a hero you instantly know what they can do and how they're going to play and you don't have to wonder "What particular brand of bullshit is this class running?"

This is why I love Overwatch's hero model over the weapon unlock model. If they want a different playstyle, they add a new person that has that and only that. New characters are fun and exciting and it will be way easier to balance set kits than to work around every single weapon combination too.

That said, TF2 is still a fun game and leagues beyond Battleborn.
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/394230,440

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
The omnics took control of Blizzard HQ.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

slev posted:

battleborn servers working perfectly

They're nice and roomy too. So luxurious.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Lazer posted:

That's all it takes to be a live streamer these days?

Why didn't I get in on the ground floor for this.

If people want to subscribe or donate, I'm also looking at this loading screen.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

LegoMan posted:

I got the Abominable skin for Mei and it's super cute but I never play Mei :(

You should play Mei.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
So what's the exact formula for the Roadhog instant kill? Just hook and alt fire headshot? Maybe I just need practice, but it seems inconsistent.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
D.Va is a bully that boosts into people and grinds them with shotguns while they're being bumped. That's how she's at her best. Her problem is that once she isn't literally inside her target, her damage falls off almost immediately.

Question: I got 400 XP for something called Backflow. Anyone know what that is?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Broken Cog posted:

Montana has a way more interesting personality

Yelling is a personality now?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I'm not one to complain about POTG, but I still think I earned it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhwKOajpWUI

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
A team of five Zaryas and a Lucio is really hard to stop. Attacking them only makes them angrier.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Pumpy Dumper posted:

Anas ult line should be "open wide,here comes the airplane"

I need full on mom mode in this game

"Nanomachines, sonny."

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I experienced tranquility today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QDr1aY1-4

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
What's cooler than being cool?

Playing Mei.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

2MB posted:

Nope, everything is buyable. Seasonal stuff is just 3x the cost.

To expand on this, you will not be able to purchase the skins once the event is over:
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/785906457292050432

Save your credits now and buy what you didn't get on the last day.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

AlternateAccount posted:

The best Zarya lines are:

"I want to hug you like big, fuzzy Siberian bear" and "I will break you" being used appropriately with her Mystery Gift emote.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Star Man posted:

I've been playing this off and on for a year and that's my first play of the game as Zenyatta. I don't think I've ever seen someone else get it either.

Sometimes you just withstand the entire enemy team.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_QDr1aY1-4

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

pzy posted:

Does Junkrat's trap stop Doom's charge? It stops Rein's. Junkrat superiority. Except that whole one-punch-kill thing.

It didn't on PTR but it's supposed to now. I just haven't seen it yet to be sure.

Slime posted:

I had a Genji on my team whining up a storm about how stupid Doomfist is for exactly this reason, and it just makes me love Doomfist all the more even when he's punching me into a wall

gently caress Genji.

I had a Genji dash through me just to be splattered into a wall with my super punch. It's fantastic. Dead Genji is the best Genji.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

HerraS posted:

doomfists punch hitbox nerf was the stupidest decision the devs have ever made, gently caress every single nerd loser who whined about him

Agreed. He went from the most fun hero this side of Junkrat to someone I forget is even in the game. Bring back vanilla Doomfist.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Wrist Watch posted:

Doomfist can't affect immobile objects like bastion or Orisa using fortify, but he can totally punch Mei away?

People are saying a fully charged punch can knock Bastion out of sentry mode on PTR, like how Reinhardt can charge him out. Punching Mei iceblocks might be an unexpected side effect.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

yergacheffe posted:

I always thought McCree having a flashbang was funny. You've got this stereotypical cowboy with a stetson, boots with spurs, a six shooter, and of course not let's forget the most iconic item of all: a flashbang. I'd love to know if Blizzard ever tried to explain why this fits with the *~lore~*.

They were originally going to have him stun with a crack of a whip. Then they decided a whip is too cool an idea to not base a whole hero around and swapped out McCree's whip for flashbangs.

Then they proceeded to not give us a whip character.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Sade posted:

Carbon fiber Zen is loving sick as poo poo

He looks like an Alienware PC.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Armacham posted:

Remember when mystery heroes had a character select screen and people would all pick the same character and flash it in solidarity

Everyone could agree on Torb 100% of the time. Aardvark pays off.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
They mentioned her new teleporter being able to teleport Torb's turret, but how would that work? Would Torb have to build his turret inside her entrance or vice versa? Maybe there's a mobile Torb turret in the works they aren't mentioning? We do know they're planning to tweak Torbjorn too, so here's to hoping he gets some cool stuff.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

it seems like the ult is still only useful on point defense, undermining the other changes.

I imagine a huge barrier like that can be dropped in front of a point to block incoming damage, allowing for a good start to a push. It could also just be dropped on a point, allowing allies to dance back and forth across the barrier, blocking damage that way, like an ultimate Winston barrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Reinhardt is just Johnny Maximum from World Heroes.