Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Support Torb, turret now shoots healing at team mates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

drrockso20 posted:

Imagine the shitstorm that ensues if the Microsoft purchase goes through and the new overlords decide to can OV2(either entirely or to start from scratch)

Microsoft sees OW2 floundering and in its infinite magnanimity sends 343 over to help

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

turns out you can get 10-20 second queue times via open queue because nobody ever wanted role queue, and also that the overpowered tanks completely gently caress up the game when you can pick two of them because blizzard are morons who keep trying to turn their FPS into league of legends

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

every game has a roadhog on each team because he's a 700hp dps with hook and massive self-heal lol

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Sakara123 posted:

He's also a breeze to counter if your dps have half a brain and aren't using a trackpad though.

yea i'm not complaining that he's overpowered i'm commenting on how people actually want to play this game versus how blizzard is continually trying to force it to be played

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

Their balance team is so stupid. They always nerf the hitscan heroes that require aim because "they are a little too strong". But they always leave these absolutely broken heroes that require no skill in an OP state

You must love Moira

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

DrunkPanda posted:

I don't know why you're bringing up Moira, you think she's OP?

You complained about no-skill heroes that don’t have to aim :shrug:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

feeling animus toward people who want to play a character that shoots things in a first-person shooter because my brain works real good

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

without any regard for your team.

lol

Overwatch has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity over the years due to the huge number of freaks who want to play a first-person MOBA, this is true!

oh and open queue is still getting games going in 5-20 seconds most of the time, and they almost always have at least one tank per team so :shrug:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

yea they haven't gone far enough but OW2 feels substantially better already

Soldier's new recoil mechanic is a huge improvement for the character too, not sure how recent that is tho

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

headcase posted:

Its a doomed genre because FPS people don't want to deal with "no skill" abilities while trying to click heads because putting a pixel on another pixel is the one true skill, and people like myself want to play a fast paced team ability game without having to worry much about mechanics. This divide makes everyone unhappy.

you are the most powerful poster in this thread

every time i read a post of yours i feel like I’m getting fiscaled

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

ultimates feel less oppressive now between 5v5 and people generally being more spread out, at least

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

everyone has limited ammo now, torb and sym can make ammo dispensers

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Body Type: Slim + Curvy
Beauty: Slightly aged

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

game needs more bbw representation

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Megazver posted:

why are you ignoring mei's existence wtf

boba mei is the most powerful character in the game

but we need more

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

teagone posted:

Playing into so many barriers in OW1 after the OW2 beta sucks so hard lol

yea going back to it now OW is even shittier than it felt before

i don’t think there’s anything that can really be done unless blizzard had the balls to completely change the functionality and design of tanks however, even in OW2 with fewer shields and one tank per team having some overpowered unstoppable character that can CC you running around is just extremely not fun to play against. like roadhog was weak from a winning games perspective but getting stun hooked still feels like absolute bullshit, likewise doomfist

OW2 beta was a step in the right direction but there needs to be a more fundamental shift in design philosophy for this game away from trying to force MMO combat design into an FPS

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Players still have zero inertia making it probably the only FPS I can think of in 2022 that still does that, which is wild, there's a reason why no other game does that. At this point idk what they could even do to really stack up with where FPS are as a genre currently. I'd say there's probably room for some kind of arcadey, fun light-hearted arena game, but, yknow they're stuck to OWL so ultra-competitive FPS it is, I guess.

I fuckin adored Titanfall 2 and still think it's the best non-tactical FPS ever released, and I loved Apex until I fully burned out on battle royale, but the feel of OW with zero inertia is one of the things I actually appreciate about it. It's so different from every other modern FPS that it has a unique feel to it, it's just crispy feeling in a really old school way, which is fun.

They've absolutely hosed it up irreparably by a combination of chasing esports and trying to make it into some hosed up MMO DOTA hybrid thing, but the core feel of the game engine is phenomenal and why so many people who hate the game wish it was actually good.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Blizzard makes the best bad games

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

a miserable little pile of shield barriers

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

still had to bully and shame some nerds into swapping off rein/sigma in ow2

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

it’s a matter of principle

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

sigma’s character design looks like poo poo and his voice lines all suck

D-tier hero

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Pattonesque posted:

yeah the way I look at it is this is should roughly be treated like pickup sports Varying skill levels, fine. Preferred positions and styles, fine. but like at some point you have to *play the sport*. "Oh I would like to play directly between the catcher and pitcher, and also I'm hitting the ball with a tennis racket" like gently caress off dude.

how dare you tell me how to have fun?!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

o boy its mad maggie

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Torb has some strong Opinions on omnics in some of his pre-match dialogue

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

pre-match banter concluding in zenyatta being informed that he's a credit to his people

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Macaluso posted:

Maybe I just need to see a much more clear picture but I do not like what they did to my boy

https://twitter.com/CaTTe__/status/1539292844363489282

what the gently caress

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

gonna have to top boba mei if you want me opening my wallet, blizz

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

lol the streamer skin was a bone thrown to them since there’s no beta giveaway to boost viewers this time

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

TheKingofSprings posted:

This seems like a pisspoor way to build goodwill towards your game tbh

last round with the twitch drops they had overwatch on top of the site for a day to remind people that it exists

this round they cash in after giving people a taste

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

overwatch has too many characters as it is, make more fuckin maps and modes

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

the new default designs feel like a downgrade, they lost a lot of the original character

shades of luclin

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Reinhardt, unmistakable, iconic, with a strong silhouette

generic barb

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

junker queen and doomfist have voiced interactions, confirmation that deep in their hearts even blizzard know role queue isn't real overwatch

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

beta ends, overwatch thread once again deader than the anthem thread

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

It’s a little surprising how much worse some of the redesigns are, did blizzard lose character artists at some point? The initial battlepass skins or whatever they’re selling right now also look like poo poo design wise.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Ignis posted:

https://twitter.com/Spex_J/status/1567694080909660162

So they'll be free to grind. Still sucks tho

lmao :rip: to overwatch

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

I very much doubt the dev team were behind this decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

thinking back fondly to how much my interest in picking up Apex periodically waned once I’d run out of the currency used to buy new heroes that I’d stockpiled when the game was newer

looking forward to overwatch becoming one of those games I briefly consider reinstalling then nope out of when I remember how many new characters there are that I don’t have access to