Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Valentin posted:

for apex caustic and mirage were locked on launch, the other heroes were all free.

if people aren't playing overwatch just because they see a random character and go "that looks cool" that is a different and even worse failure on Blizzard's part

anyways I think it's very funny they went to such lengths to try to preserve their role trinity shooter where everyone has a unique gun then the characters you get at the start are "most straightforward tank, most straightforward healer, basically every DPS character with a normal FPS weapon." what a boring introduction to the game!

e: also I never played when she was implemented but putting echo last when by all accounts she was frustratingly balanced when added is very funny too. Also it seems so obvious that they could easily have just been like "get a free hero token after 1/2/5...150" matches that I really do wonder how they arrived at the order and what it's supposed to do for them

To keep their jobs long enough before Microsoft fires them all next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm only here cause I can't believe there's actually a person defending the bullshit

Enjoy the game friend