Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

gonna pick zarya first because she's my super strong buff waifu and if things go sideways, she can hold me in her mighty arms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

UPS guy just handed me my xbox copy, and I was like "THANKS DUDE :staredog:" on the outside but on the inside I was all :yosbutt:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:potg:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

goons already playing this, who got buffed and who got stuffed?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Played all morning and afternoon and not a single pub picked Mei :wtc:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Soldier76 is a goddamn beast if you keep in him in mid range as a support instead of a front line attacker.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Zikan posted:

My issue with this game is that I can't play it at work.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

so many times playing today when id look to my right and just see two slow as gently caress red dragons moving through the room, not hitting anyone. good times.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

fadam posted:

Letting pubs pick their own heroes is a good argument against democracy.

though I do appreciate how the game lets everybody know during the choose phase whether or not your team will most likely get stomped because no one picked support or a tank.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

ppl bitching about Dva's ult dont realize as long as your standing behind cover it wont kill you?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Athanatos posted:

Thanks for the hook, friend

Zarya is so friggin good. Just keep making GBS threads out shields all day and being a super buff waifu.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I think im pretty decent as Zarya when it comes to being able to survive most heroes attacks but put me up against a decent Tracer player, and I get smoked everytime. How to squash this bug?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

potg has it in for me, I swear. playing defense objective b at volskaya as Torbs, went full on berserker mode at the end of the game by hitting molten core with a turret watching my back and in an alleyway proceeded to shotgun five attackers all lumped together behind Reinhardt. That topped off a nice 15 kill streak, and kept the attackers away long enough to win the game. I felt like :black101:

potg was a genji ult killing reaper, dva's mech, and dva.

:negative:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

pharah in arcade mode is just flying around 24/7 and raining missile death on everyone else

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

J posted:

I had a really uninteresting 1 kill potg today and some pubbies started flipping out and calling me terrible and whatnot. I didn't pick the potg duders :shrug:

lol u r feggit

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I wish Bastion had Pharah's jump-jet

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Thoughtless posted:

I've started seeing more and more McCrees in quickmatch and I have no idea what to do.

Roadhog? Nope, if I hook him he stuns and escapes or just kills me. Tracer? Nope, shut down. Reaper? Nope, even from behind I can't kill him before he turns around.

The only way out I see is Widowmaker, but even then I can only shut him down if he's out in the open like a drooling idiot.

poo poo on them with Torblerone turrets, all day erry day

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dias posted:

My answer to everything nowadays is Soldier. KOTH? Soldier. Defense? Soldier. Offense? Soldier. Payloads? Soldier. TF2? Soldier.

need a healer? Soldier.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Some dude last night just absolutely wrecked my team in every match with Zenyatta. He paired up with a Hanzo like they were a goddamn sniper recon team and they just shut us down while their Reinhardt pushed forward. AND the fucker got potg.

I play as Zenyatta and get shredded.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

I have yet to see a single POTG that isn't Bastion, or Junkrat/76 simply popping their ultimates.

I got one as Toblerone last night. It was me repairing a turret, popping molten core, and jumping off a ledge and chasing down Tracer but not killing her.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

my favorite counter to widowmaker is just teleporting up to where she is and edgelording her :shrug:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Szcwczuk posted:

Fly D va into her, shoot guns.

teleport reaper right near her, shoot guns.

tracer right next to her, shoot guns.

Use another widow maker.

Use a spamzo.

Reinhardt push.

Winston jump on her.

or

"nerf this hero I don't want to learn about"

you forgot spam lob grenades/wallride a loving exploding tire at her

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like where this thread is headed

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

I was feeling really good about my Tracer skills but now like three people are like "omg you guys I'm doing super good with Tracer" and now I'm just depressed and think she's overtuned and that I'm not actually that good :(

I felt the same way about Symettra yesterday when she just finally clicked for me and I felt comfortable using her on offense. At some point I asked myself "Is she TOO op?"

Then somebody playing as Mei wrecked my poo poo 4 matches in a row.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I have pulled a losing payload match out of the shitfire by switching over to Mercy and being a good goon to the pubbies.

Her blaster is way better than lucio and to be able to boost damage is a game changer in some situations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Lucio's knockback blast is also good for ko'ing pesky shitheads like Genji and Tracer who like to flit around thinking they can make a kill shot before dying.

Support owns.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Tales of Woe posted:

is the map rotation unweighted? i've played 100 games now and still haven't played Kings Row yet, i didn't even know it existed until i saw it on a stream

same but anubis temple

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

my map rotation on quick play is heavily biased towards Hollywood, Gibralter, and Volskaya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Got called a "loving human being" by someone playing as Reaper over the mic for picking Torbs on Anubis Attack.

We proceeded to push to objective B in about 5 minutes, me with 14 turret kills and not a single death.

Toblerone players: It gets better.