Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Jesus christ I only just saw the new thread get made and it's already on page 3 we're all absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Atoramos posted:

Wait, TCJimbo plays Overwatch?

SHUT IT DOWN

I'm not hip with these things why do we hate this guy?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh so he's a generic League player.

Yeah gently caress that poo poo

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Edmond Dantes posted:

I wonder if we'll get patch notes before or at launch; they probably did some tweaking.

Due to balance issues, the following heroes have been removed from the game:

Hanzo
Genji
Widowmaker

:getin:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Ulvirich posted:

standard edition is 59.99 + 19.99 season pass

while Blizzard has the 59.99 version up front and center with the 39.99 squirreled away

lol if you didn't spring for the Origins edition for the sweet, meaningless digital loot :smuggo:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Lastgirl posted:

In my view, Battleborn is a disaster. It is one of the greatest failures of game design in gaming history. What we are going to say to the Battleborn marketing team is "It must end, or we are going to end it for you."

Enough is enough. We must preserve our retinas for our future and our children's future. Thank you.

I'm just always really sad when a game turns out horrible like this. I'm sure the devs really wanted to make something special and put a lot of their heart into it but it looks like it got mismanaged and mislead to hell. Gearbox just didn't have the kind of sense to can the thing like Blizzard did with Titan and we ended up with this Frankenstein disaster that should never have lived to begin with.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Jastiger posted:

I said it in the other game and I'll say it again, Gearbox has always been bad. From Half Life: Opposing Force, to Borderlands, to this, Gear Box has always put out a bad product. Some fun writing and dialogue, but as a total package their games are at best Below Average. This is just more evidence of this.

Borderlands is good though. :colbert:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

We just don't talk about Pre-Sequel. Nobody talks about Pre-Sequel. :wtc:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Borderlands was solid if a little barren.
Borderlands 2 was super solid but a little too meme-y and drop rates were poo poo.
Pre-Sequel was a goddamn hot mess that went 1000% memes and for some reason I was stupid enough to still complete it.

From the looks of it they thought the 1000% memes writing was a good thing and did it for Battleborn too. :nallears:

Basically Gearbox is just progressively getting more and more horrible after they fluked on a good thing with Borderlands.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Why do I have 300 HP as Tracer?
Why do Symmetra shields give 50?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Why do I have 300 HP as Tracer?
Why do Symmetra shields give 50?

Nevermind I'm playing Arcade and am an idiot.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

MacheteZombie posted:

not sure what you mean by this? I don't think heroes get better as you level up

He means general level of play I think. Noobs don't know to not shoot at Zarya bubbles and pump lead into it just to make her a death machine while well-experienced high level players know to just ignore her for those 2 seconds then kill her.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

AbrahamLincolnLog posted:

I didn't think so, but there is. Press "P" in game, and tick the dialogue box next to "MATCH".

Well poo poo you learn something new every day. :v:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

If the people in this thread were an Overwatch hero, we would all be Symmetra.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Mortimer posted:

Im symmetra in roadhog's body

Oh so you're so bad at the game you let Roadhog eat you.

Don't worry it happens to the best of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Try countering Bastion with Hanzo, Mei, or D.Va.