Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

The volume of sound effects are also context-dependent. If you're alone out on a flank and a reaper starts walking around down a path near you, the boot-steps are thunderous. If you're in a scrap with a bunch of people behind a reinhardt shield on both teams shooting at each other, the hostile reaper walking around the path above you is much, much quieter.

Also, I see it mentioned everywhere, but when I turn dolby surround on with my Logitech g930s, I can't pick out specific sounds as easily as when I turn it off. I might be the only person that has had a negative experience with it? I mean, the sound quality isn't bad and you get audio verticality with it, but I need to pick out stuff like footstep cues over other audio and feel more comfortable with it off.

kaleedity fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

haha wellp guess you should avoid comp until that's fixed

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SKULL.GIF posted:

1st impression of Horizon: it's a much better 2CP map than the last several. There's multiple routes to both points and they feel very open and difficult to turtle in. Not remotely anywhere as bad as Hanamura or Anubis.

I'm not really a fan of the aesthetic, because everything is gray/white it kinda makes it hard to figure out where things are spatially. This will probably improve as I get more experience on the map.

I still think 2CP maps should be converted into 3CP maps.

how close are the defender spawns to the second point? are the defenders going to be able to stall for 5+ minutes still

adhuin posted:

Or they could have compensated it by increasing total DPS or giving some utility like shortening hooks timer or something.

why do you think roadhog needs more dps

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Aww I thought this was the mechanics tryhard, copying there.

kaleedity fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 8, 2019

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

having played a couple of hundred hours of tanks, most of the shotgun characters aren't really the thing that ever felt too annoying to deal with. Obviously, you have to watch the reaper as winston, but how's he gonna catch you? The worst things have always mostly ignored armor like out of LoS junkrats, pharah, snipers, and so on. Course, most of those can't do poo poo if I'm in a goatsquad.

If you're rolling reaper right now and brigitte ults you're pretty much throwing if you don't swap to something else.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Guigui posted:

Would that mean that a mercy pocketing a reaper would be bettwr off applying a damage boost to heal the reaper as opposed to using the healing beam?

(factoring in 100% accuracy on the part of the reaper...)

if he's scrapping yeah -- I mean, if the reaper is within 5m and is putting shots into like the back of a dva.

Generally Mercy does not want to be close enough to apply healing or damage buff to reaper at that range. At 10m reaper damage is cut in half, so all the lifesteal goes down.

5m is like reinhardt swing range, 20m is hog hook/moira basic damage range for an idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Ults mitigating damage like lucio, brigitte, and zenyatta kinda form the basis for the problem with goats, since they can cycle these ults multiple times through a long enough combat where no one dies.

The ult being a damage bonus seems like better design this moment, since it can end fights nearly instantly. The invulnerability skill can be played around unlike most of the goat support ults that you just kinda have to wait out

i have no doubt that "big bad voodoo" was the ult initially

kaleedity fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 26, 2019