Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
behold from the depths of dumpster bronze, the worst PoTG i've ever seen, by me. Shoutout to the guy on my team actually trying to hold us together who immediately said "what the gently caress" in voice when this came up, I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj8SY27W-sM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Please don’t make over watch 2 a loot shooter blizzard, those games suck rear end

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Imo the definition of a moba is ‘some dumb poo poo I have never played and also heroes of the storm and Warcraft 3 mods’

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Junker queens accent is awful so I just assumed she was an American ex pat

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I haven’t had problems with qp every but hot drat arcade wait times suck and I wish there was an option to just join the first available arcade game of any type

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Montalvo posted:

I can't believe it took me 3 years to realize that a game whose enjoyment relies on 6 incompetent strangers coordinating with each other is not a good idea

I work alone so I get a weird sense of ‘oh so this is what a normal job is like’ whenever I queue in comp and realise I have to work with complete morons. Somehow my broken brain craves the challenge to suppress the urge to just call them all morons and rage quit. Being a human is fuckin weird

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yeah but I’m way too crap at this game to carry so tbh I’d rather just deal with it bc I like it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

World War Mammories posted:

anyone who uses dva or brigitte's cop skins is themselves a loving cop

It’s a fuckin Ed 209, show some drat respect

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

4 isn’t too hard to maintain if you mostly play main tank or support in comp but qp seems a lot harder to not drop down to 3

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m gold/silver as hell but I don’t have many goon ow mates so add me at raphandz#1189

e: fixed tag

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 24, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

In the gutter tiers she’s still really playable and fun and can have heaps of impact but it’s super niche and probably not optimal for climbing. I still reckon they’ve erred on the right side of caution and I say that as someone who basically escaped brig trauma by picking up the game right at the end of the goats meta

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The trick to not getting blown up is you basically never use the shield unless you’ve gone in on a shield bash and need to escape anyone with range outside of the fight or in your face that didn’t die. You don’t have a shield any more, you just have a big old sidearm stun that is also helps you escape

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Give moira a shield

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

smh if your hello and emote hotkeys aren't more accessible than your PTT

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If a boycott specifically affects shareholder confidence or in fact just the number of consumers in a non China market it would be more effective than violence because capitalism specifically inoculates itself against violence through the state protection of capital, that’s the whole reason why non violent protest is effective

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ok welp if it’s such a pile of bullshit go commit an act of violence against blizzard and change the world I’m not gonna stop you you fuckin coward

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Switching moira mouse clicks is pretty sweet, I’ve never even heard of that but I can see how it would work way better. Not sure how I feel about mei but I think that’s just mostly muscle memory

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I open each game with a sporting ‘Scott Morrison poo poo himself at engadine maccas in 1997 after the super league final go sharks’ and end every game with ‘jk go broncos’

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’m a big fan of voice comms in qp games, no shade to anyone who doesn’t bother, but even if I only have one person in comms I usually try to make sure we’re working together like we dual queued and it works really well

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Manatee Cannon posted:

there are people that get so mad at what you did in a video game that they'll send you a friend request with a poo poo talk message attached just to get around this, if you can believe it

at least on ps4. idk if you can do that on xbox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQkxsEbnS4

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 14, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Mei being a tank in the new experimental patch is very lol and I'm having a great time with her as my off tank while I feed as rein

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

FAUXTON posted:

*dying as reinhardt trying to flank the other team* is this elo hell?

Feeling real called out by this!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I also saw that Jayne video of the Gold team where they steamrolled the other team and never capped and then got wiped and tbh as a silver player it was deeply disturbing

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H24zSWP-Uyo

I'd timestamp it but its the first map on the first match they play

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

and people have the nerve to say that there's no teamwork in Ranked Silver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA1Vu__QzsY

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

xtal posted:

Overwatch is Apex Legends for children, yes.

this tracks because children seem to be way better at fps games than I am, mostly I assume on account of the fact their brains are physically closer to their hands

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

You don't have to win all 27 games you just have to play 27 games, which with my win rate is actually LESS games so I'm thankful

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I didn't realise actibliz owned candy crush and did a double take there but in hindsight it makes perfect sense

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

today I learned with the mature chat filter on, you are still censored when you say the word "honky" even though I have never seen it filter anything before on mature settings since I started playing, including a wide variety of epithets and slurs

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I am also quite fond of wrangling toxic teams but I'm aware that the game would be much more broadly appealing if that was unnecessary because people as a whole decided to play the game for fun. At least where I am at silver rank where angry teammates are more sad than annoying. Tbf the only thing greater is running into a whole team full of people loving around and having fun and winning as a result because it's silver and we are all trash on both sides.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Its the best thing they've released in 5 years and it launched with a lot of problems that they managed to fix the worst of within a month and a half of release but its still got a login queue, albeit a drastically shortened one, random crashes on Nvidia systems, and uses way more resources than the game probably should so while its better than any sane person would have expected, its not exactly great

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah lmao I didn't realise it was a thing until I flew straight up in the air. It rules

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Yes, daily. Only qp tho BC low tier comp is full of the worst people imaginable

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I thrive on negativity so I will absolutely be queueing tank on day one

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It absolutely can be racist and unintentional at the same time, those two things are absolutely not mutually exclusive

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Minera posted:

every single playable character in the game is a criminal

What even IS a crime man *bong hit exhale*

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

its illegal to be autistic in the overwatch universe

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

So did any supports get a rework? Or am I just begging my dps for peel until I give up and play brig?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

about 30 minutes between claiming the drop and it showing up for me on AU/NZ servers if that helps anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I like playing tank and support

I've enjoyed the couple of dps games I flexed into so far but I either am bullying people that can't hit a pharah or getting absolutely clowned on so obviously the match making is even less existent atm than OW1 QP. Haven't had a new map yet though