Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Why does Sym's new teleporter require me to map an additional "interact" button for everyone? I play on console and all my buttons & d-pad directions are occupied. Shouldn't interact be the same as reload, the way it is for the Horizon telescope and the door charge in Retribution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

New Pachi Marchi Challenge this month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPM1AOgd1yw

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

My care levels will spike to 2016 levels if we get a canon-be-damned Deadlock Mei or casual Dr Zhou skin in the next Anniversary event.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Macaluso posted:

It's astonishing how bad that skin is. There are some really bad skins but that one is in contention for one of the worst in the whole game.

The skin itself looks decent, it's just that there are plenty of other characters (Soldier, Baptiste, Zarya, Sombra, Lucio, Pharah) who'd be a better fit for the bruised MMA fighter look.

I think Specimen 28 Winston and Clown Junkrat are still the worst as far as design/aesthetics go.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

https://twitter.com/washjustice/status/1483478036498558977

NOTE: not an actual skin.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Mr. Locke posted:

Is Overwatch in the clear to reform again? IIRC, the last solid word on it was no, but at lot of plot had happened since then and they have been requested directly for aid on at least one known occasion and they're recognized by the Korean government to the degree that they're lending them a member of their special forces in official capacity. If not though, several otherwise-clean characters (D.va, Pharah, Zarya, Mei, maybe Mercy?) who are part of the new Overwatch are committing at very least conspiracy to commit, vigilantism, and unlawful assembly.

If not them, I think the only characters who are completely clear of legal problems should someone decide to look into it are Zenyatta and, weirdly enough, Hammond/Wrecking Ball. Little dude's just kinda been rolling around the Australian Wasteland looking for adventure after a successful stint as a gladiator in Junkertown. It's probably only a matter of time, considering that what passes for 'legal' in Australia are probably war crimes in the rest of the world, but for now...

I think the current OW2 story situation is similar to Ghostbusters II. They were officially shut down and their reputation was dragged through the mud, but now the threat is back in a big way, it's pandemonium out there, and the mayor spent an hour last night talking to Gabriel Reyes and he's been dead for six years.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Are the coins in OW2 the same as credits in OW1? Or is this a different currency? If they're different, what do players do with the credits that transferred over from OW1?

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BowIDnsNvjs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Father Wendigo posted:

They never really bothered to give Hammond any supporting media iirc, which is disappointing since it's a tiny genius hamster who only wants to break things and watch the world burn.

Come to think of it, the last big piece of OW media was Mei's cinematic, which unfortunately got upstaged by a Junkrat short that looks like it was animated in GMod. After that, we stopped getting big things like the Sombra ARG.

The last OW1 cinematic was the Cassidy & Ashe shootout/Echo reveal.

Countblanc posted:

soldier is funny because he's an old millennial and loves twitter and white claw

In the OW lore, soldier is only about a year old in 2022. I'm not sure what the generational nickname will be for people born last year. Gen-series-X?