Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

SwissArmyDruid posted:

One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS for a couple of weeks?
yes they have individual bindings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I liked Opposing Force :shobon:

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Atoramos posted:

This doesn't make sense for PC users who use a gamepad (shame on them, but they exist!)

The issue they stated was that the developers don't know where to assist your crosshair in the event your crosshairs are near both a sentry turret and an enemy hero.

Does it nudge towards the annoying turrets, or does it nudge towards the enemy hero that you might have a chance to kill if you can get those pesky turrets out of the way?

If you're playing on PC with a gamepad you can just choose a decision because the option of aim assist doesn't exist for you anyway.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

same, but all the heroes

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

If you can find 11 other people you can totally do custom games, with random hero + no changing heroes as a mode

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Strawberry Panda posted:

Perfect time for this game to come out cause my girlfriend moved to the other side of the country and I have nothing else to do between applying for jobs and crying!

Heroes Never Cry.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/734878805555220480 queue up boys

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Zenyatta basically cuts enemy HP in half, just throw an orb and swing away (from range)

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Zarya shits on Torbjorn and Torbjorn teams, just shield up and crush the dwarfs between your ever increasingly strong swole arms

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

AlternateAccount posted:

I just want like ooooone more second on Zarya's shields. Every time a pubbie doofus gets shielded and just stops in their tracks or worse, RUNS BACK AT ME, I die a thousand deaths. NOT ONE STEP BACK, COMRADE SHITBRAIN.

Don't shield so early, shield when they're running in and engaging or even better when you see projectiles coming their way

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

If you're trying to play Torb on Hanamura A defense, put a turret right here (it's the overpass that's right above the door leading into the courtyard of A defense)

It's sort of difficult for the enemy to get past the choke unless you swing hard right or left and the turret has vision the entire courtyard and parts of the point itself.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I got to level 150 in closed beta but bought 50 boxes because there were sprays and voice overs I needed on all my heroes again right away

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Kenshin posted:

Has anyone used Genji's reflection attack against McCree's ultimate?

Is it an instant-kill on McCree?

Yes, but remember Mccree shoots in a sequential order (he shoots from right to left I THINK) so you have to be the first person shot at for it to cancel the the ultimate. So basically get on HIS left as Genji (compared to your team) and aim at his face.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

If you're curious on determining range, the yellow stripes in the floor are 5 meters apart. It's how the Oversheet has ranges.

Mei's damage fall off is about 22 meters IIRC from testing. After that her 75 damage Icicles start dropping down to half damage.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I like the idea of playing a gorilla with a gun but his gun is so lame and boring to use
It's great for chasing and diving because you can focus on movement and positioning while dealing consistent damage then get the gently caress out

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I imagine 6 Zaryas work well because the turrets won't stop giving you Particle Power

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

I am pretty pleased at how much praise the game throws at you for winning so I don't bother saying anything after. I mean, you get a giant piece of text that says VICTORY and everyone on the other team gets a red and depressing DEFEAT. Then you get to see your smug rear end face in lights.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

The hero brawl this week is pretty okay at learning how to move and shoot as Genji but the timings are probably going to gently caress you up

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Shoot Reinhardt's shield. Get in his face if you can, you can totally just walk through it and shoot him in the butt. If you're McCree you can flashbang his head by aiming above and it'll drop the shield and you can go in and mow him down.

Any contributions to an elimination will reset Genji's Swift Strike (Dash). He can deal 1 damage and still get it to reset if his target dies. It also resets automatically when he activates his ultimate I believe.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

we're only soldiers now

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Theta Zero posted:

I have been instantly killed as Tracer from a direct rocket hit, so there's definitely some damage fall off. But generally yeah, you want to get those direct hits and get them hard and close. Even if you play like a mouthbreather, you'll get an end-game mention just for landing direct hits.

Are you sure you didn't get hit by a Boosted Pharah + Mercy? The rocket always does 120 on a direct hit, but should do 156 when she's boosted.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

bagrada posted:

Has the weekly challenge mode updated from Shimada Bros yet?

It shouldn't update until 5 PM EST (2 PM PST) and that's the schedule from now on.

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Achievements really shouldn't be something you just complete in an afternoon, eventually you'll get lucky and the stars will align.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Mei's ultimate has a reverb effect attached to it.

http://rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-overwatch/vo/vo_hero/Mei/Mei%20-%20Default/chinese%2008.mp3 (ultimate)

vs

http://rpboyer15.github.io/sounds-of-overwatch/vo/vo_hero/Mei/Mei%20-%20Default/chinese%2029.mp3 (rise icewall)