Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is anyone getting a recurring bug where the UI vanishes, and it basically kicks you to the title screen to watch a hero's idle pose with no text overlay and no way to bring it back?

You can still hear the game you were in going on, but it's hit me 3-4 times today, I think each time after I'd died instead of putting me back into the game when I respawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Team can't seem to do poo poo no matter how many we kill, they always just get wrecked.

"Leaving to find a more balanced match"

Oh.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Kurzon posted:

I don't like some of the unlockable skins because they radically change the look of character, making them harder to recognize. I'm think particularly about Zarya's Siberian outfit and Widowmaker's Odette skin. One of the reasons Valve went with a cartoonish design for TF2 was to make each class instantly recognizable by their silhouettes.

As someone who's colorblind, a lot of the skins just look the loving same except for maybe a hue shift if I squint my eyes and click my heels together wishfully. The super-expensive ones don't seem too horribad, but I'm like 30 crates opened and 775 funny money rich.

Also, since I just skipped 1400 posts, are we allowed to say loot boxes are poo poo or is that an every page post?

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Pomp posted:

the best possible nerf to widow would be sane head hitboxes, because i've seen multiple killcams where i was standing just around a corner and got shot in the head with no part of me visible on the screen.

Earlier tonight I died to headshots in different matches, both of which on my screen I completely was behind a wall. On the killcam for second one my guy visible strafes screen right and blinks a half-step back to die. Guy got play of the game during that kill, and in that replay the half-step jerk back doesn't happen.

I really like this game, but the way it deals with headshots and lag seems to be trashy.

Donnerberg posted:

Sure. The problem is that the white boxes are garbage. Cut the sprays down to a fraction of what's in the game now and add ten times as many voice lines. Then the poo poo boxes would add something interesting while you wait for a good one.

The skin tint variant are just filler too. I've gotten multiple dupes and I barely have any of them to begin with :wtc:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Picked it up again for the anniversary loot boxes. Quit sometime between August and October.

Remembering why I quit more than having fun.

E: But one of my complimentary boxes had the boba Mei, so here I am.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Finally got access to the current beta phase today. Not even gonna bother installing it with how little time is left.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Ended this morning. No dates or details yet for a third beta phase, just a rumor and three months until target release.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
If you ponied up the moolah, you got the full three weeks and something like enough premium currency for three battle passes. I honestly thought they'd give one week early to the people with smoldering credit cards, and then open the flood gates for the remaining two weeks so they could get useful match data. Instead they tested the monetary model and how much FOMO would cause people to buy the funny money.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
131 boxes opened. I have zero idea what was in them and the hero gallery isn't telling me which heroes got new sprays or whatever. Didn't even think to check my gold balance.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Valentin posted:

shoulda just let you stack heroes. everything's been downhill since they got rid of twelve Torb matches

Fixed your post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Don't question it. Just get ready to uninstall and move on when they triple down on the monetization and anti-toxicity measures that end up breeding toxicity.