Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

hey guys remember when sombra was the talk of the town

and the whole ARG thing. what a hot topic of discussion that was, back then. whenever that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I hate the whole idea of hacking health packs and it's the only thing I don't like about the design of the character.

Everything else is extremely rad.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

what other ways are there to heal? we've got the healer that attaches the beam, a healer that shoots you to heal, a healer that sticks a semi-perpetual HoT on you, a healer that heals by being in proximity, and a semi-healer that drops a temporary heal station...

my favorite healing ability in any game was Prayer of Mending from WoW, however many years ago it was I played that game

Something similar could work in Overwatch, and it would encourage people to stick together/stay on the objective to get the heal bounces.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

i've been getting annihilated in deathmatches by moira since the patch dropped. i usually jump in as tracer.

but the last 5 games i've picked Torb and got #1 finish in every one so...I think that's a good strat if you want your loot boxes.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I've been running dry on healing juice on Moira all night just doing QP.

I've done really well only using the healing orbs on CD and neglecting the damage orb, just playing her like a more offensive shadow priest. You have to be doing RMB damage to get the real healing sustain.

Her ult is really good, and I'm happy with where it's at right now. The make or break moments for me so far have come when I don't aim my healing orbs right. One time I aimed it poorly the point in Nepal and it just wasn't lined up right, bounced off the center pillar and bounced off the point into nothingness and we wiped and never recovered.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 17, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm just gonna say it, even after only a couple dozen games I think Moira is the best new hero release they've done yet. Fade is, imo, one of the strongest non-ult skills in the game.

Also they will nerf her ult charge rate, I've been able to use it twice in drawn out teamfights pretty often as long as I'm throwing damage orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

megane posted:

The thing that gets me about Torb is that the TF2 engi turret was perfectly fine. It beeps to let you know it sees you, and then if you stick around in LoS like a chump it loving murders you. It's not invincible, and a concerted team push will destroy it easily, but trying to solo it face to face is gonna get you killed, which makes it good for fending off flankers, that being its primary purpose. Why is Torb's turret not like that?

I imagine people would play Torb all the time if he were more like the Gunslinger engineer instead of the wrench engi.