Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Transmogrifier posted:

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch but they're hoping for the end of June and for three month seasons but they're still hashing out details.

Oh man, this kinda sucks :( So it's just quick match or bust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm getting frequent disconnects now >:(

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
E: oops, forum crashed halfway through submitting a reply, ignore this

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I played this briefly when it came out, but stopped before they added Competitive. I just came back and did my 10 placement matches, and it's put me at 2600. I'm only level 32, and everyone in my games has like multiple stars around their names, which I assume means they've played a whole shitload more than me. I'm feeling a bit out of my depth - are there any rough guides or tips for competitive play, other than 'choose a good team comp'? Someone was raging at me earlier because I didn't quickly switch to Reaper for a lone overtime defense (presumably because he can eek out an extra few seconds of overtime with his invulnerability?)

Little tricks like that would be immensely useful.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 5, 2016

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
How meaty is the PvE portion meant to be? Because how is what amounts to a balance patch and minor lighting updates on maps meant to be a sequel? Wtf have they been doing for all this time, it's bizarre.