Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Hi new thread!

Atoramos posted:

Cross-posting from the last thread: is ranked mode not in for release? I was under the impression it was set considering it was a disabled option in previous betas.

Apparently how everything looked in open beta, including the disabled ranked play, is how it's going to launch. That's understandable because there were still a lot of bugs they had to work on with ranked from what I understand, mostly with back filling? I didn't touch ranked more than once or twice so someone who did it more can probably weigh in better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey so there's a live Q&A going on right now: https://www.facebook.com/PlayOverwatch/videos/614129325411546

Things of note: ranked play is not in at launch but they're hoping for the end of June and for three month seasons but they're still hashing out details.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Cyron posted:

the ranked play in beta was said to be the worst thing about overwatch by everyone in the beta, i am glad it got delayed and not shoved out the door broken, but i hope it not another farahlon where it will never come out.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they put it in there because a lot of people were clamoring, and it's not a totally bad thing they did because now they know what some problems are and can work to fix them. It sucks we won't see ranked at launch but I'm also glad that instead of feeling pressured to play ranked immediately, we have time to dick around and enjoy ourselves while they work out all the fine tuning.

Bardeh posted:

Oh man, this kinda sucks :( So it's just quick match or bust?

And weekly brawls, which are fun.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

totalnewbie posted:

What were the issues with ranked play during beta?

At first people didn't know it was a best three out of five, so people were leaving after the first round ended, and it also doesn't back fill the spots properly if players leave. I also believe if someone on your team DCs and comes back, they can't get back into the game. They solved the first problem with a pop up when you attempt to enter informing you that it's not like a normal game.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Would you mind adding me to the list of streamers? https://www.twitch.tv/dreadravenanzu

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

ive thought about streaming but ive never really done it and dont think anyone would really watch me

maybe i will though, who knows

I just do it for fun, though it would be nice to have it help pay the bills. I'm not looking to become some kind of Twitch OW god like another poster said. I don't always have a lot of watchers but I also really like to have a place where I can grab videos of my games and get them onto YouTube with little hassle.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Tenzarin posted:

I think if you have like less than 50 users watching, your name doesn't even show up on the list.

Your name absolutely does show up. I've seen people on the list who only had six viewers. You're just not going to be near the top. :v:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a quick read up on the developer Q&A that went up earlier: http://www.overking.com/news/overwatch-launch-day-q

Some things that weren't mentioned already in the thread from it:

quote:

A single player or cooperative mode has had small talks but Overwatch is far from planning anything like that.

A guild and clan system may be coming eventually.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

exquisite tea posted:

I vant to gently caress you like big fuzzy siberian bear.

:swoon: You can do whatever you want to me, Zarya.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/XylariaVG/status/745120504273502213

:zenpop: I'm not even sure how one reaches that conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

BobTheJanitor posted:

Uh... ice block in front of him while your super coordinated team uses the 3 seconds to win the game? I don't know. And Rein I'm really clueless on. You can shield his bullet hose for about 4 seconds, or you can charge him so that you make a nice easy expanding target to add +1 elimination to his PotG?

Key words here are "super coordinated team."

BobTheJanitor posted:

E: I know hating on Bastion is overdone, but man I wish his turret form had a locked 180 degree or even 270 degree field of fire, or something. The number of times on various characters I've managed to flank one and sneak up undetected and still can't put nearly enough damage into his crit bulb before he turns and instakills me is just sad.

He used to only have a 180 degree rotation in sentry form, but it was made even worse for the opposing team because he also had his own personal barrier. I think it had 1000 health? So imagine having to chew through the Reinhardt barrier and the Bastion barrier. It made it a lot easier to flank him but geezus christ it was still a pain in the rear end. Perhaps a better change would be to slow his turning speed while in sentry to make it easier to deal with him when you sneak up on him like that.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 21, 2016