Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Gauranga#21958

Best Zenyatta Plays EU

Also the vast majority of McCree players will be doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceG3nrGsRSI&t=34s

Don't be one of them. Use your primary fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

LordVonEarlDuke posted:

Video games are good. I will play zarya for my first game

Zarya is a good choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyagvwmuko0

She is the Hedgehog Dilemma in human form.

Chin Strap posted:

So what is the worst hero, so I can master it and be butthurt about their weakness and that Blizzard is ignoring us?

D.Va

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lucio literally runs around in a powered speaker system so maybe him.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I imagine Lucio can't actually walk properly without his suit because he's actually pulverized his bones into fine dust with his speaker legs.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I think Zarya is the only person who doesn't have some form of cybernetic enhancement because she's a super Robo-bigot and hates all robots.

I guess her suit may count since it's doubtful she'd be able to lift her weapon properly without it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

theshim posted:

Uh, have you seen those guns :swoon:

She's the world's strongest woman, but the gun is heavy even to her. Her Deadlift pose is her struggling to lift it. I doubt even she'd be able to keep it operational without some form of assistance, probably from her suit which is definitely linked to the gun.

e: Likewise, the only person who has anything approaching the kind of hardware Zarya carries around is Winston, and he's a literal gorilla so that's nothing to him.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Microwaves Mom posted:

Goddamit. What is it with all these people having missing limbs in this game?

They were part of a group of people who went to fight a lot.

Plus they had Mercy as their doctor, someone who is literally incapable of healing anyone without turning them into a horrible monster or a mish-mash of meat and machine.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Microwaves Mom posted:

would it be big like roadhog and fly like pharah?

It would be a little man who flies around and skyhooks people.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Onean posted:

• What other silly videos/images/posts/drama absolutely must be in the Misc. section? I've added the Torbjorn PotG video. I'm not going to add the Widowmaker inflatable butt, since that's just an old meme that needs to die already. Tracer/any other hero butt stuff is also questionable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Mp5gE0HSw

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I don't really think D.Va needs any changes to her hitbox what with her having 650 health, 400 of which is armour.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

That's literally terrible compared to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiMJ-s4T16M

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Reo posted:

This is the one I wanted :D

Torbjorn is the hero we need and the hero we deserve.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Overwatch reminds me of the early TF2 when it was actually balanced and each character had clearly defined roles and you didn't really have to wonder what type of bullshit you would be up against today.

In Overwatch, when you see a hero you instantly know what they can do and how they're going to play and you don't have to wonder "What particular brand of bullshit is this class running?"

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

SwissArmyDruid posted:

One thing I realized between beta and now is that I really don't like how Blizzard has assigned certain powers to certain keys, which completely throws off my normal FPS muscle memory. Does anyone know if there are per-character binds for individual powers, or am I gonna be fighting myself and decades of FPS for a couple of weeks?

Per hero binds. There's also special options for certain characters, like assigning Lucio's speed boost to holding down shift so it's kind of like a sprint.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Atoramos posted:

Tracer: Was 22 when she was a test pilot and put into the timestream. All I'm saying is maybe you don't get your youngest member to test new technology.

Tracer is mental and was specifically chosen to fly the test vehicle because she was expendable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-EGj2qdtxA

Well researched video imo

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Petitioning to add these two videos to the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3o7WHJU4p0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bE5NILPrMg

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Adonis Gunther posted:

First game I ever played I picked Zen and got a 15 man killstreak. I thought he was completely overpowered.

He is, but don't tell anyone.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I honestly don't think I've ever seen a single Hanzo killcam that I didn't think was complete bullshit.

It's the Huntsman all over again.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Hughmoris posted:

Is that random hero match mode going to be in at launch? Never tried it during beta but wish I had.

Blizzard would be stupid not to since there's probably going to be people who are playing for the first time and having a mode that throws out a random hero is a good way for people to learn how to use them and experiment with unusual team structures.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Some random fun beta shenanigans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ_zCSCQjL0

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm going to be living my Zenyatta's personal mantra of Always Be Orbin'

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Brannock posted:

Oh hey there are new video drivers from nVidia, fresh today

350 megabytes.....

one megabyte for every dead Open Beta player ....................

Nvidia knew.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch8MzYclx5I

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You had 14 Days. If after that time you couldn't get servers running. I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my group will follow suit, as will several other group and people that play Overwatch
To be brief, I did not work my rear end off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and grou[mates, so I could go to a login where only groups of 2 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire group in to play with me, gently caress YOU GUYS. Seriously, gently caress YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the login screen, and 3/4 of my group is just sitting around while a group of 2 is repeatedly trying to log in. Don't you people have ANY loving DECENCY? KAPLAN WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock in the form of the login which requires 20 minutes to connect and then to limit attempts to 2 every second....

14 Days.... this site will change from the most popular OW fan site on the internet to the most popular Battleborn fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Blizzard servers are dead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dctocak6Hw

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Spiritus Nox posted:

Problem is that there isn't actually that much you can do to 'figure out' literally millions of connections all trying to initialize at once.

Also the problem is once you pay for all the server capacity to handle millions of people trying to log in at once, once things stabilize, you've got a loving ton of servers sitting idle not doing poo poo.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zarya dominates in Arcade mode. She never dies and has 100% charge constantly.

Tracer is also fun. Can recall and blink almost constantly.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dias posted:

Solo queue has kinda forced me to develop a Pharah and a Soldier at least for those moments where someone needs to hunt down that fuckin' mercy KILL MERCY FUCKERS

Winston is far better at picking off Mercy as he has enough health to get into the fray, a shield and an autolocking beam gun that melts Mercy and other squishy classes.

People shouldn't think of Winston as a Tank, he's more of an offensive support disruptor.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So I actually lucked out and got the best Tracer skin right away

Also got Pharah's Jackal skin, which is objectively second best to the Gundam.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Mei is actually useful for non-trolling purposes as you can use her walls to boost people over inaccessible gaps, like the one in Hanamura, which means you can get your entire team, Reinhardt included, over that gap and attack from the wrong angle.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I like Genji, but I'm not the best at him. I'm competent enough to know how to combo and how to flank and which targets to prioritize, but I still have a lot of improvement.

Honestly I think you should be forced to get to level 20 in Play vs AI before you're allowed onto live servers to inflict your misery on others.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Zarya is tied with Roadhog as my favourite tank.

I go for the Tobelstein all the time and I get it because Zarya always gets what she wants.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Overwatch uses a "favour the shooter" system, which means that if someone shoots you, you are shot, regardless of how it appears on your screen.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Atoramos posted:

Since we're talking about annoyances with character design anyways, the goth skins for Tracer and Zarya feel 'meh' compared to the legendary skins other heroes get.

Tracer gets Goth, Zarya gets Rivethead. There's a difference :colbert:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Genji's reflect will also kill Reaper when he does Death Blossom.

Genji owns. Never stop reflecting.

Anyway, a charming moment happened in a recent game: Roadhog decided to show his appreciation for Tracer and give her a nice big hug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBiFyWwhm-s

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The sensible thing would be to use your credits to buy sprays. Sprays are the things most likely to drop from any given lootbox, so by having them all, each lootbox is essentially just a huge cache of credits with the occasional thing you actually want.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

el B posted:

What's with voting for your favorite player at the end? What does it do?

It's an example of positive reinforcement, in the belief that praising people for their good actions makes them more likely to repeat them in the future.

Which is why you should always upvote healers, even if they're not on your team.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I always have a habit of dying before our Mercy has ultimate ready. I'm a selfish fucker like that.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Emalde posted:

What is this referencing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef1tKJaK-yU

Still think it doesn't really take into account factors it should, like support or any sort of teamwork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
With sensitivity the advice I've always given is play at a comfortable level for a while, then lower it by a points. You'll barely notice a difference in movement but you will be much better.

It also helps to think of Bastion players as what they are: A bunch of people who have spent $40, or $60 with the Meadow skin, to sit in a corner and press M1. Money extremely well spent, I feel.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 01:57 on May 25, 2016