Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That will happen in Overwatch: Fates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

slev posted:

battleborn servers working perfectly

I think this is the Battleborn servers right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNx8YI9gAHs

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Raged posted:

Fist Skin drop

bahahahahaha

Sup first loot box lucky drop bro. :hfive:

Rirse fucked around with this message at 01:07 on May 24, 2016

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There is only one thing I don't like in this game. The auto kick for auto kicks in after five seconds.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Even through I didn't save it, but I got play of the game as D.VA by killing one person and then pushing Mei off a cliff. Which that poor Mei player tried to use a ice wall to cross a pit later and got pushed into the pit again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Weird, I tried to install Battlenet on my other PC to install Overwatch there, but it refuses to accept my password. Which I know is right since I had to login on the authoricatior and the same password that worked there doesn't work on the desktop. I imagine it just the servers being swamped by the game, but still a weird issue.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What some good tips for using McCree? I got used to his ultimate, but still having trouble elsewhere.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Collateral Damage posted:

I have the opposite problem. I can plink people's heads all day, but I haven't pulled off a good high noon once. Usually I get killed while it's charging or I have to fire early and kill nothing.

I been doing better at using High Noon when I sneak around where the enemy team is at and try to catch them off guard. By the time they near "it's high noon" it too late for them to counter.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah after the tips last night I am doing a lot better as McCree.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When is the best time to leave a match? Do you still get XP if you quit upon it showing the winning team group shot?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
When is the time you can leave a match and still earn any XP from the map?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a match where Roadhog would kill me every time as Winston. Well the PotG is me getting revenge on him, the best possible way!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPixLCGFP_g

Bogart posted:

Who's y'all's favorite 'Alright, Time To Quit Fuckin' Around' hero? For me, it's usually Lucio because the team sucks at healing and I can make more of a difference keeping everyone barely alive than taking out one idiot OOP as Widowmaker..

D.VA, I tend to be hard to kill as her and just get really aggressive as her.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man Zarya is pretty drat fun once you get a hang of her. Any general tips on playing her besides shielding allies and yourself when enemies are up? I took to using the right mouse attack when below 50 and switching to the beam when higher.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nehru the Damaja posted:

When shields are up, you can bait Rip-Tires to save your team and build tons of energy.

Oh nice. I actually been trying to do that, but the Soldier 76 on my team kept blowing it up before I could see if it works. Good to know that is a legit plan.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah Zarya is pretty drat fun. Her ultimate when it paired with another person is just beautiful. I love Junkrat and Pharah attacking at the same time as I fired it off and we wiped out nearly the whole team, which costed them the game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Section Z posted:

Save States

Everytime she uses her power, she needs to yell SNES9X out loud.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Well this didn't go exactly according to plan, but it still worked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfrpwiwUrIw

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Managed to get another Play of the Game as Mei. Not for the ultimate either, just rapid fire killing of half the enemy team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSYs-2vzC5I

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Donnerberg posted:

Did you intentionally cut that to sound like Mei of the Game? :zenpop:

No but that is a great touch I didn't intend to do.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

awesmoe posted:

I keep spy checking :(

Well you never know when a Tracer is lurking behind the corner.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a funny moment today when playing as D.VA and Reinhardt tried to tackle me off the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmRaeFIUVWs

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man I should tried Symmetra sooner, she is pretty fun to play as. Never knew until playing her how deadly that laser she can shoot out can get. It went through Reinharlt in seconds when he got distracted by a turret. Any general tips on to use her. I seem to took some cues from people I played on where to stick turrets.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

BadLlama posted:

I find Symmetra useful on not just D but also Offense, Her right click attack is pretty good at jamming defensive spots.

I just tried her on offensive and yeah she pretty good in that. Love the Reinharlt player's reaction to the fact her orb goes through the shield, as he suddenly ran downstairs and got quickly killed by a teammate.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing I don't like in Overwatch is the AFK script. It understandable if your playing solo, but when in a group match, it sucks if you get interrupted and get kicked out of the match and have to spectate a match. And the added lovely bonus of afk kicks I imagine count toward the leaver punishment.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
That was a close match I had with my friend that I was sure we were going to lose. I was pretty lovely as Pharah the whole match, but pulled a crazy move at the end that wiped the other team out and got the win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuwpOl25vc0

And my reward after the match was a loot crate with the Safari Winston skin. :toot:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Think I am finally getting the hang of Winston. Is it the right idea to jump over the enemy, put up a wall and zap them, and then jump out as my HP is about halfway down? Doing this I got 15 'kill streak' on the Hollywood map. Man it feels good just constantly ruining Reinharlt by going into rage mode and just punching him across the map. Just wish Rage did more damage, as I rarely kill anyone using it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Had a fun match with some goons tonight, and jeez I am starting to get really good with Symemtra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjFfqYyG2YA

Not shown is Mei also dying to that laser.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Trying to figure out how to play Lucio. I feel like I am not doing enough healing with him and I don't get what the numbers in the center are doing.

I pretty good at Mercy and Zenyetta, but Mercy is kinda boring to play since like TF2 Medic I just attached to whoever is hurt, with the ultimate being used when it needed. While I like Zenyetta a lot, but he is very frail, and if there no Reinhardt on the team then he is very valuable to being killed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Geokinesis posted:

Play of the Match doesn't sound as good as Play of the Game.

I won 1 game of competitive and am now retiring unbeaten.

Same. While I wouldn't mind having a golden gun for McCree, I don't really want to go through it looks like 299 matches and pray I never have a internet issue in the middle of a match or get serve penalty.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Wasn't figuring this would be a potg when I did this, but glad it was one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkd0d8CkjI

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or anytime I see a Tracer with the punk skin, they are always annoying assholes to fight?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The current weekly brawl is fun if you play a lot of Symmetra. Jeez!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JjkYqXkbZw

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If Blizzard is smart, they should make the weekly brawl just be only Ana (or only snipers), that way people can try her out without having half the team being her in a regular match. She looks good, even through I am awful at snipers and very rarely play Hanzo or Widowmaker for that reason.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like that Mei got a buff from the self heal charges your ultimate change not readjusting her charge rate.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Did I get lucky on my first free loot crate?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

PureRok posted:

The town parts of the new castle map remind me of Day of Defeat 2.

Bastion shoots a piano that blocks the pathway.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Bought two crates to see if I could get Zarya's gold skin. No dice, but I did get the American McCree :911: and enough coins to buy DVA's gremlin taunt if it appears tonight.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man it so boring going back to generic loot crates again.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is the new map and taunts due out today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Verranicus posted:

Actually Super Monday Night Combat was good and fun and it only died because the developers started nickel and diming microtransanction poo poo while at the same time adding no new content or fixing any issues ebcause they'd started funneling all the profits towards their other games Planetary Annihilation and Human Resources. I don't think there's been a patch for SMNC since I quit the game years ago, balance or content.

The announcers in that game were amazing.

That and I remember the game was really bad at pairing groups up. Like a team of random low ranking people get pair up against a team of high level pros. Which got really unfun when this kept happening. Think this probably made the new player base leave along with the issues mentioned above.