Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Just double everything else now (probably too late :( ).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I have pans with an air cushion (I think a different brand) and I like them. It's possible to get perfect cookies from a regular sheet, but I feel like my pans extend that window of perfection.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Do you have an oven thermometer?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Do you have an oven thermometer to check whether your 350° is actually 350°ish?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Since you're just selling to friends and family, tell them they get a buck off if they return your Glad container or bring their own. Selling more widely is gonna get you into way too much trouble with commercial kitchens and poo poo anyway.

e: look up those cheap plastic takeout containers on Amazon. You'd have to play with sizing, but it could work

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 3, 2017

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
A lot of vegan cookies rely on ingredients that nonvegan cooks don't have on hand, or techniques that are kind of a pain in the rear end. This recipe is just, like, coincidentally vegan, and you don't have to gently caress around with flaxseed or chickpeas or anything. Nonvegans will happily eat it without even realizing.

https://www.vogue.com/article/ovenly-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookie-recipe

The only heads-up if you are making it for vegans is to look at the ingredients of the chips, like obviously milk chocolate won't work.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I don't know the recipe, but pecans are dry and will add bulk/structure, while pb chips will soften and exude oil. You might also have had other issues, but yeah, that'd be a significant swap.

That said, nobody at work wouldn't eat those imo

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
"PB chips in a chocolate cracker" sounds like you made the current fad of cookie brittle! Also, people's standards for free work food are way lower than you'd think.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
You can fix that by dipping the fork in water in between cookie forking. It doesn't need to be literally dripping, just wet enough the dough doesn't stick to it.

And yeah I've eaten some terrible work food, notably homemade muffins that were so badly overbeaten that they had the texture of a kitchen sponge. But it was free and it was there

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Brownies in general you can take out before the middle is set, and it'll set as it cools. It's not like a cake where you have to wait for a clean tester. They look great, though!

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
You have a vanilla sugar cookie mix and you want to turn it into vanilla chai sugar cookies? Follow the mix directions and add chai spices. What am I missing?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I made smitten kitchen's version a couple years ago. It was good. It's butter, chocolate, and sugar, it's hard for it not to taste good.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
I would like one megaraccoon

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
You don't have to peel them, I make a ton of apple pies and I never do. The pro move is then to cut the slices in half horizontally so you never get a big piece of skin.

Snickerdoodles I feel very strongly need to have cream of tartar, they aren't just sugar cookies with cinnamon!!! The ATK recipe is good, paywalled but you can find it on blogs http://2girlsinthekitchen.blogspot.com/2006/09/snickerdoodles-americas-test-kitchen.html

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Still Trader Joe's. They always sell it in bars that are like 17 oz iirc, it's called Pound Plus. They have 3 different percentages, plus one (or two?) with almonds.

You can also buy bulk Callebaut, etc., by the pound at plenty of places online and some irl, but Trader Joe's is really the sweet spot of quality and value for baking with.

Anne Whateley fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Mar 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
Why not google vegan cookies? Ovenly's chocolate chip are the best, but they need an overnight rest