Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I made Earl Grey Apricot Hamentaschen from Claire Saffitz's Dessert Person book and they were real good.

That tray did anyway, the other tray I had rolled the dough out slightly thicker and they mostly popped open during baking. Still tasted great though.

If I make them again I'll be sure to keep the dough thinner and I'll probably add an extra tea bag or two when making the filling because the earl grey flavour is pretty subtle.

The dough is really tasty, with the cream cheese and citrus zest in it adding some nice tanginess, they come out soft but not doughy after baking and have a kind of buttery shortbready taste but much much lighter and softer texture.

Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU