Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Welp, my city's in lockdown! Time to make snickerdoodles!

I used the smitten kitchen recipe and got exactly 36 cookies out of it, which will keep us going for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I guess I'm just going to stay home and keep baking. How terrible.

I found the King Arthur Flour recipe for almond flour brownies - incidentally gluten-free! - and I had some almond flour that needed using up, so I gave those a try. They're really good! They're properly gooey and have a nice almond-y undertaste, which suits them well. The batter was kinda grainy-looking, unsurprisingly, but I couldn't see or taste graininess at all once they were baked.

I'd definitely recommend letting them cool for longer than the recipe calls for, though. Maybe half an hour.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Yeah, if you want a flatter, more spread-out cookie (which will probably also ripple) you want more sugar to less flour, basically.