Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I made not exactly a cookie, miniature pie? A pastry? It's a mazarin anyway, traditional swedish dish with roots in turkey I think. Basically a miniature pie filled with almonds (and a few bitter almonds, or extract for the proper taste) and some glaze on top.

TBH they didn't turn out that photogenic compared to real ones, so here's one with a few bites in it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I have been using this thread for all baking as there aren't any other threads I can find for it. I hardly ever make cookies though. It would be nice if we could use this for general cookies/pies/cakes/sweets.

EDIT: Turns out I only made a single post. I guess it was more like I wanted to post these but decided not to since it wasn't cookie related. So if we're going to be more inclusive, here's some pie:

Oh hey, cookies:

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 23, 2018

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I lost the exact recipe but if you google "no bake peanut butter chocolate oatmeal cookies" you'll get a ton of similar stuff. I put the coconut on because they turned out sticky.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I made jelly pigs (literal translation), basically yeast dough similar what you make doughnuts from, except this is turned into squares that you fill with jelly or apple sauce. Pic is kinda lousy, only snapped it before bagging up and freezing everything. I made like 30 pieces.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I have tasted reeses peanut butter cups for the first time in my life a few months ago. They were delicious. Peanut butter was really late in coming to Finland, I don't remember ever seeing it until the mid or late 2000s in stores. I remember really wanting to know what a PBJ tasted like in my teens (90s/early 00)...

So tonight I am going shopping to try and make these:
https://therecipecritic.com/reeses-bake-peanut-butter-bars/

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I made runebergs tarts. It's a traditional cake served around this time.

From an actual bakery:

I think they use real tins wereas I use silicone molds. Also a lot of different recipes, variations on the central theme of almonds. The original 1800s recipe is a pound of flour and butter, 1/4 pound each of sweet and bitter almonds, 2 egs, no sugar which all modern recipes seem to use.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Funnel cakes, traditional to make them for may 1st, and Sima as well (sorta like small beer or ginger beer)

First time I've ever made funnel cakes myself, I make sima every year though.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

My son picked some blueberries* around the house today, we turned itr into a blueberry pie

*Technically they are bilberries.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Birthday cake with wild raspberries, bilberries and strawberries, frosting is whipped cream, this was a very nice and low sugar cake:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Made these last year too. They turned out a lot better last year... These ones got kinda saggy

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Mocca squares, or whatever they might be called in english.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

It's are indpendence day today so we're all off work. Making finnish christmas tarts. Prune jam in the center.

Gotta be careful how you fold them, wrong way and they start to look a bit fashy...

Also one batch with apple sauce instead

The difference between a merely good christmas tart and an excellent one is if the puff pastry is made with real butter or merely margarine. The butter one isn't really even more expensive and the difference in taste is great.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Lingonberry squares

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I made Semlor, traditional to make them this time of year both in Sweden and Finland:

The scooped out innards are mixed with melted butter, chopped almonds, sugar and eggs and cooked on low heat, then returned back to the buns:

Then spritz some whipped cream and put the lid back on

There's even a video in english about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ljm5i5N6WQ

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Our twin boys turned 10 this week so we had one kids party and last night a party for relatives and friends at our house. SO made some cakes and pies. The black & blueberries are from our own yard and some of the hidden filling in the cream cake as well is blueberry based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Munkkipossut, syltgrisar or just "pigs". The finnish equivalent to the donut.