Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Blondies count as cookies too

These are peanut butter, chocolate chip, nutella swirl blondies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I think it's a mess up on their part in the printing of the recipe. It doesn't appear to have any eggs listed in the ingredients list.
E:Read it again it mentions one egg but that doesn't seem like a lot to me. Try adding another one and see?
Also peanut butter affects the texture of pb cookies a lot.
The all natural ones seem to not work so well gotta use JIF or Skippy.

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 6, 2016

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

The Americas test kitchen gluten free chocolate chip cookie is really great.
Not just great for a gluten free cookie but a great cookie that if you didn't tell people it was gluten free they might not even know.
Also, a big tip I got from the book that recipe is in is to let gluten free baked goods sit and chill out for at least an hour before baking for the flour(whatever it may be) to hydrate and prevent the finished baked goods from being grainy.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Brawnfire posted:

I make dough the night before, and then the next day I'm like oh hey I have dough!

Something about breaking it apart like that makes it more fun. Hope that helps!

Yours in cookies, B

Cookie dough also benefits greatly from a resting period in the cold.
If you want to get really lazy you can freeze the individual balls of dough and then always have ready to bake cookies available.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.google.com/amp/www.seriouseats.com/amp/recipes/2016/05/copycat-star-crunch-no-bake-cookie-recipe.html
Made this recipe but smooshed all of it into a heart shaped cake pan because I am a sappy sap.
Star Crunch are my fiancee's favorite Little Debby. This recipe blew them away.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Only one way to find out!:science:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Just get one or more of the commercial style scoops
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/0-75-oz-purple-40-disher/92247187.html

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Can't help but quarantine if you can't fit through the door. :btroll:

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

For that type of cookie if you're just wanting them to be round or square not any cute animal shape or whatever you'd need a cookie cutter for you can roll the dough up into a log before you chill the dough over night.
The next day use a knife to cut rounds off the log and place on your sheet pan. If it gets too warm pop the whole log back in the fridge.

Optinally roll the whole log in your raw sugar before slicing to get a sparkly crunchy edge on each cookie.

Dried fruit or nuts or chocolate chips or even dried herbs can be added to that standard cookie dough for an endless variety of options.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

There's a standard size for croissants used for competitions and such.

You could bake them sooner if you don't want them that big but you'd lose out on the flakiness thar makes a croissant a croissant.

Standard size is about 4-5 inches at the base and 8 inches long around 1/4 inch thick You can always cut your triangles smaller.

Make pain au chocolat next!

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Griddle of Love posted:

I have to shill these, they are such an addictive treat. The salt and coffee bring out the chocolate flavor even more!

https://www.howsweeteats.com/2011/08/salted-mudslide-cookies/

Don't let them go too long, they will firm up quite a bit after you pull them from the oven. The trickiest part is to get the right amount of salt on and have it stick, too. I haven't quite figured out a good way to do that. I may have to try sprinkling the salt over before putting them in the oven or halfway through baking.

Putting salt on before baking is the way to go.
Use a finishing salt like a fleur-de-sal or maldon salt. Something with big and crunchy crystals.
It'll adhere to the cookie during baking and salt can't burn at the temperatures cookies are baked at.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

kouign amann?

https://www.google.com/search?q=kou...0QAQ&biw=412&bi

They are delicious and if you can make crossiant dough you can make them.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Made some rainbow sablés for a pride month fundraiser.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

No they aren't scrambled it's just seperating like if you gently caress up making a mayonnaise once you started mixing it again and added in the rest of the ingredients it's fine.

Best thing you can do with cookie doughs is plan ahead so you have time to let the dough rest in the fridge overnight.

Bake some from a freshly mixed batch and then some that have had a chance to rest and chill.

Thumposaurus fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Strain the solids out.