Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

There's a cookie thread in gbs right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

The Bananana posted:

Snickerdoodle cookies rock.

...and so, in conclusion, you have my blessings, OP

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'd like to contribute a pro tip to this thread aswell:

•dip your cookie in chilled whole milk

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm doing it, guys... I'm baking cookies right. Mother loving. Now.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I made a mistake.... :eng99:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Noted.

In my defense, I really wanted some cookies.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Learn from my mistakes, redweird

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Control Volume posted:

I finally made the snickerdoodles.

Nice.

Let us know how they are.

I'm gonna try a mulligan, via chocolate chip cookies this Saturday.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Chocolate Chip cookies I sort of burnt!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Peaches

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

once I have money again I have to do this. I'll trip report, I promise.

Where are our cookies?!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

after payday

edit: more precisely, probably friday. I get paid tomorrow but also have a bunch of medical stuff on the horizon so we'll see. I'm trying to look up some food chemistry stuff to figure out what degree the pH difference between peaches and blueberries might require further tweaks.

In solidarity, I will try to bake on sunday.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Trebuchet King posted:

I got a free gift card when I filled a prescription at the grocery store so I went and got cookie supplies.

Dough is chilling in the fridge now.

edit:

Peach?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

I felt odd guilt as I devoured them in shame.

Is that not the default state when devouring ones own baking creations?

It is mine. :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I'm baking butter cookies right the gently caress now!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Making cookies.

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I use a whole stick of bitter instead of half, like the recipe says? Because I did.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

It is. They're in the oven...

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cooling...

May God have mercy on my soul.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Your posts convinced me to make some sugar cookies.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

I didn't think the two were related but that makes sense.

Just go ahead and take credit for having invented palmiers

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Antoine Silvere posted:

Just tried making french macarons for the billionth time:

gently caress these dumb cookies :mad: the worst part is i have no idea what went wrong with this batch. I'm guessing the batter was overmixed?? but they were hollow so maybe undermixed???

Mail me the macaroons; make my mouth mirthful and merry!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Just made some great M&M cookies! 2nd time doing them. I think I've got the timing nailed down. And they're so big!

Looks good

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

When cookie's on a cookie, you can have cookies anytime!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cookie team, ASSEMBLE:

What's the best way to turn this mix I got,

https://www.krusteaz.com/products/cookies/butter-vanilla-sugar-cookie-mix

Into a vanilla chai sugar cookie?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

I need a little direction.

I'm not a baking wiz

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Toss that stuff into the mix, or should I just roll the as intended balls of cookie dough in the chai mixture just before baking?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cardboard

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Are cookies a remedy for bronchitis?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Sex Hobbit posted:

Wake up, thread!

I went to a housewarming potluck where several attendees had Dietary Needs and thus, vegan gluten free chocolate cake happened.

Choice review: "This could like... FOOL SOMEONE."

(the frosting is just vanilla buttercream with Earth Balance vegan butter and almond milk.)

that is a very large cookie.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Cute

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Looks tasty

The Hungarian "kalacs" remind me of Rugulach or babka.

I love both of those, so i bet the kalac would be stellar

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Made some impromptu cookies with the wife this weekend, with the new stand mixer i got her for Christmas. "We-a not berry good at dis yet!"
But practice makes perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Hello old thread.. just wanted to say: making cookies today. :)

Ok, peace.