Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

My favorite cookies are pfeffernusse and sugar cookies with some cardamom put in there. Delish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

8 dozen cinnamon-cardamom sugar cookies
8 dozen pfeffernusse
6 dozen spumoni cookies.

My girlfriend and I made dough for 22 dozen cookies yesterday. Whew. My first time making the spumoni cookies. Found the recipe in an old cookbook my mom had. I had fun separating the dough into thirds, doing the different things, and layering them. It was pretty rewarding to see it take shape. All the dough is rolled out into snakes and in the freezer for now. The cookies are gonna be brought to 4 different parties. The spumoni cookies are only coming to three because of a nut allergy.

Anyway, I hope all these 'kies don't live up to my SA namesake.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Made spumoni cookies, pfeffernusse, and cardamom-cinnamon cookies. They are good.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Not Very Good Pictures incoming. It's all I got of the test batches with my phone.

From 10 o'clock going forward there's spumoni (pistachio, chocolate, cherry tri-cookie) that accidentally got too much time, pfeffernusse on top which were a pain but came out awesome, cardamom sugar cookies are my personal faves, and mint-chocolate.

This is a sugar cookie with chopped pistachio, almond extract, and green food coloring. The test batch has come out awesome, and my girlfriend is addicted. lovely christmas tree shape? Nah, those are gonna be holly leaves

Making huge batches of cookie dough in advance is loving awesome. Got a basement freezer with 36 dozen cookies worth of dough hell yeah

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 4, 2017

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

Love those cookies, any chance you could share the spumoni recipe?

1 C softened butter
0.5 C Sugar
1 tsp vanilla (I omitted it once by mistake and it was fine? I keep using it though because, well, whatevers)
1 egg
2.25 C flour
0.25 tsp salt

Divide the dough into thirds, then each one gets
(0.25C chopped pistachio, green food coloring, 1 tsp almond extract)
OR
( 1 ounce/square of unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled)
OR
(2 tbs of finely chopped maraschino cherries)

Then you layer the three doughs all fancy like so you get some neat green/brown/red cookies.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

I already shown these in worse pictures, but I figured I should Just Post and put in a better pic. Also included a handy cookie guide for my family party.

And jesus fuckin' christ those pusheen and mickey mom cookies look phenomenal.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Wow, seriously, those look beautiful.

Hey, does anyone have a favorite lemon bar recipe?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

edit: This should go without saying, but under no circumstances should you use bottled lemon juice for these. Fresh lemon only.

Bottles zest should be fine though, right?

Thanks to both your recommendations. Gonna have to have a head to head face off some time

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Made lemon bars last night. Went with the smitten kitchen recipe (no offense to the other recommendations, next one I try will most likely be the one FGR posted).

Through some miscommunication, half the lemons we got for this were used by my sister who was visiting. Ms Cookies suggests hey, we have limes, instead of calling this a loss, why don't we try to make half of them lime bars? Because of the lemon mishap, I ended up folding a bunch of tinfoil and sticking it in the pyrex to make a little dam to keep the lemon and lime fillings from mixing. It worked out pretty well. Hooray for emergency creativity. Well they smell drat delicious, but I had to go to bed before they were completely done cooling. I'm so drat excited to slice them up and eat some when I get home.

Ms Cookies and I made cookies as Christmas gifts for all our friends, and it went over well enough that we're probably doing the same this year.

Last year there were
-Pfefferneusse
-Spumoni (cherry/chocolate/pistachio)
-Pistachio
-Cardamom-cinnamon sugar cookies
-Nutballs
-Struffoli

I think we're getting rid of the spumoni since people only liked them for the pistachio part, which is redundant anyway. They look pretty and add some color but ehh. Not well received. I think adding some lemon bars in there might be different enough. We also have a bunch of raspberry preserves from the garden this year, might make some thumbprint cookies.

Tentatively this year is
-Pfefferneusse
-Pistachio
-Cardamom-cinnamon
-Nutballs
-Struffoli
-Lemon Bars
-Raspberry thumbprints

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Aug 17, 2018

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Lemon on the left, lime on the right. Ended up with twice as many as pictured.

They might not be lookers but they taste pretty dang good.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

I've been wanting to try out lime bars, how did they turn out?

You know, pretty good, actually. All in all they were very good.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Ms Cookies made some biscotti yesterday, and I decided to make some firnee. She went for a raspberry flavor in the biscotti, but either didn't use enough extract or the stuff we have is weak? Next time I make firnee I'm going to use less cardamom (I never thought I'd say that) and grind my pistachios so there's a couple chunks still left in. I liked the spoonfuls where there was a little cronch in there.

Now I know firnee isn't a cookie, really, but..... it turns out that dipping biscotti in firnee is loving amazing.

Rotten Cookies fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Sep 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

50 dozen cookies this year. 8 varieties of cookies. Tonight is the trip to get the giant bag of flour, bag of sugar, and a poo poo ton of butter. Will probably make the dough for ~6 dozen tonight and freeze that poo poo.

Let's fuckin' do iiiiiiiit