Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Anyone got good recipes with white chocolate chips? Don't have to be cookie based. It's just rare that I have something with white chocolate that I think 'this wouldn't be better with regular chocolate.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Mix some with confectioner's sugar at the end and sprinkle it on top.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Just Post Them Nuts

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I would like to request a “butter spritz” cookie recipe, possibly made with margarine.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
One-Bowl Brownies
As adapted from Lifehacker

Ingredients:

10 tablespoons (140 grams) salted butter (OR ONE STICK AND 2 TABLESPOONS IF YOU ARE SCUDWORTH)
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons (65 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
¼ cup (50 grams) light brown sugar, not packed
A big pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs, cold
½ cup (65 grams) all-purpose flour
1/3 cup mini marshmallows (optional)
1/2 cup mix-ins (leftover trail mix, chocolate chips, etc) (optional)

Directions:

Line your 8x8” pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 325ºF. Using a scale or cup measures, get the butter, sugars, cocoa, and salt into a quart-sized microwave-safe vessel.

Microwave for thirty seconds to a minute, or until the butter is completely melted. (If you don’t have a microwave, a makeshift double boiler works great.) Stir until combined (product will be gritty).

Add the vanilla and stir to combine, then add the eggs one at a time, stirring thoroughly and aggressively between each egg. Once the eggs are fully incorporated, add the flour and stir gently until it’s fully incorporated. If using, mix in the mini marshmallows and other mix-ins.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it around into one even layer. . Bake at 325ºF for around 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 22, 2021

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Scudworth posted:

This is amazingly insane because 10 tablespoons is 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons, which is fine for the next ingredient but apparently not for the butter measurement :psyduck:

In fairness, butter comes in sticks and is most easily measurable by the tablespoon.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I have my own confession to make. When you brown butter, are you supposed to put in the liquid or the solids and liquids? The solids look a little too burnt to me, but I tend to ignore the pan more than I should when I'm browning.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Dec 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Nettle Soup posted:

Had an urge to make biscuits today, but I have no eggs, or butter... I have flour and chocolate and baking powder and sourdough starter....

Do It you loving Coward

Sounds like you should just make a sourdough chocolate torte.

e: okay most tortes need egg