Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

FutonForensic posted:

I made these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and they were very good, though it may have something to do with the ridiculous amount of chocolate chips it asks for. Oh well!! :evilbuddy:

Oh, cool, 'daddy cookies' (because mom would only make them for daddy, but he was kind enough to share sometimes :p ). My mom makes those with baking MnMs and walnuts as well as chocolate chips.

You can also replace the chocolate with dried fruit. I made really good spice fruit and nut cookies (apple cherry pecan) doing that, and adding some fresh ginger and nutmeg to the mix. Very versatile.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

ookuwagata posted:

I made some cookies:

Gingerbread goat, strawberry thumbprints, chocolate-cardamom vanilla pinwheel and macadamia white chocolate chips

GOAT COOKIES!! Amazing.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

RandomPauI posted:

To answer the question, chocolate chip cookies without the chips are probably called brown sugar cookies.

I just had a crazy thought. Make the brown sugar cookie, then coat it in chocolate. Voila, inside out chocolate chip cookie.

Alternatively, make bite-sized brown sugar cookies and do a chocolate fondue thing.

Bake a plain non-parelli inside a brown sugar cookie. Serve warm. Bam, ninja explosion chip cookie.

Dark dutch chocolate cookie studded with cream taffy. Inversion chip cookie.

Spiced oatmeal cookie studded with rasins. Childhood disappointment and adult cackling delight chip cookie.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
What would be a good dairy and egg free cookie? Doesn't have to be vegan or paleo or whatever bullshit, I'd just like to bring in cookies to work and three co-workers are ovo-lacto free. Two for medical reasons, one's vegan but she's extremely cool and low-key about it and bends the rules for honey and other low impact animal products every once and again, and I just want to make something everyone can enjoy because my co-workers are all pretty darn cool. As far as I know, nuts are OK and beloved, so load that poo poo up.

I'll probably make fruit leather if I cant whip up cookies.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Oh my god what even is vegan chocolate. I have literally never even considered that in my life. I guess just dark chocolate? Which is superior in choco chip cookie making anyway, especially if it's a nice sweet dough.

That recipe does look like it would be excellent with a bit of grated coconut mixed in. Mm.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

TychoCelchuuu posted:

Many brands of dark chocolate are vegan. You can Google it to find out.

Awesome, will do.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

tsc posted:

I tried to make some really basic chocolate chip cookies and they somehow retained the shape of the cookie scoop. But they're still chocolate chip cookies, so.

That's a pretty cool trick actually. Taste good?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Don't look at this thread on a diet. Learn from my mistakes.

Gonna whip up and easy batch of peanut butter oat bars to correct for this, bring them to work to prevent me from eating them all.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

I have several pounds of peaches that are about to go bad. I want to bake something for my coworkers - I've been bringing something in every week or two, and I've gotten super positive reception. Pie or cobbler, or something else? I also have blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, a few apricots, and tons of rainier cherries to use up in the next week.

Dump cake.

Face God and walk backwards into hell

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I FINALLY HAVE IT, MY MOM'S OATMEAL CHOCOLATE MnM COOKIE RECIPE, aka Daddy Cookies, because she made them for Daddy, who very politely allowed us to have some as well.

Oatmeal Granola MnM Chocolate Chip Cookies

INGREDIENTS (in US volume)
2 sticks margarine
1 cup White Sugar
1 cup DARK brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups AP flour
half a teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon baking POWDER
1 teaspoon baking SODA.
2 1/2 Cups of Old Fashioned Oats, with extra to adjust dough consistency as needed

1/2 bag of Dark Chocolate baking chips
1/2 bag Mini baking MnMs (or the regular baking kind, depends on what you can get)
1 cup chopped walnuts

OR
Dried fruit and nuts in any sensible combination, but then they're not Daddy Cookies, and who wants that?

DIRECTIONS:

Cream Together 2 sticks of margarine, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup dark brown sugar. Once creamed together, add 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, mix to incorporate.

In another bowl, mix 2 cups AP flour, half a teaspoon of salt, 1 teaspoon baking POWDER, and 1 teaspoon baking SODA. 2 1/2 cups of FINELY CHOPPED old fashioned oats (To chop, just make 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats, add to blender, blitz a few times till thoroughly chopped but not powderized. Or hit it with a knife a bunch, I don't know, you're all smart people). mix thoroughly and add to wet ingredients. Mix well.

Dough should be a firm, moist, hold a round shape, and not be overly sticky. If mixture is too thin and sticky, add in a handful of unchopped rolled oats.

Fold in half a bag of chocolate chips, half a bag of mini MnM's, and 1 cup chopped walnuts. Or whatever other mix ins you want, you filthy non chocolate wanter. Or, oh gosh, maybe you're allergic to chocolate, i'm so sorry. Or maybe you're a sentient, finger having dog with an interest in baking. Go you. Dried fruit and nuts could work well. Or just raisins, that's always good.

Use 2 large soup tablespoons (or a disher if you're fancy) to make balls of dough. Arrange on non-stick foil (or greased regular foil) on a baking sheet. allow 1.5 inches of space for cookies to spread. Dont crowd! Err on the side of using more trays.

Bake 15 minutes at 350f. May have to be baked in batches if not all of them fit in the oven at once, that's ok. check for doneness, cookie should be baked through, but still soft. It will harden somewhat as it cools. The end result will be a nice firm cookie, but with some softness. If overbaked, they'll still be good, but very hard and crunchy, you'll need some milk.

Let cool before removing from foil and cramming into mouth, but we know that never works and some end up disappearing. I don't know, blame the cat.

limit 3 per day or the krampus will get you.

Merry Xmas

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 23, 2018

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Well, I made my MnM oatmeal cookies, but right as I was taking the last tray out if the oven, two apartments across the complex from us caught on a massive fire. So before I could get pics, I gave most of the cookies to fire rescue and the people who had to evacuate the building.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Peanut butter and chocolate are best friends forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Picayune posted:

got exactly 36 cookies out of it, which will keep us going for a while.

A couple hours at least.