Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Not sure if this is the best place to ask it, but also not sure where else, but I'm looking to ID a pastry I had a couple of times at a bakery near work back in the before times when we'd actually go to the office. It was pretty simple, layers of (I think) sweet, puff pastry with a kind of caramelized bottom. Think the shape was either sqaure or triangular. I don't believe there was even any filling, but it was still delicious and I'd maybe like to try my hand at making it at home. It had a French name, if I'm remembering correctly, so maybe it was a traditional thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Thumposaurus posted:

kouign amann?

https://www.google.com/search?q=kou...0QAQ&biw=412&bi

They are delicious and if you can make crossiant dough you can make them.

There it is! It looks like it uses almost a pound of butter, which explains a lot...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I like to make entremet cakes on occasion.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 8, 2023