Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Last night I made the Nestle Toll House chocolate chip cookies from the back of the bag of chocolate chips, but I browned the butter and used only brown sugar. They are super good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

RandomPauI posted:

Follow up question, has anyone tried to make croissant-cookies? This sounds dumb but I'm coming up with an idea for a thing...

You mean like... palmiers?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I feel like I'm missing something in this story. You just ask for money, and they... give you money?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Molasses would probably be too strong, but corn syrup wouldn't have the flavor. I would probably try a mixture of both.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Scudworth posted:

http://www.thedutchbakersdaughter.com/2009/12/speculaas.html?m=1

I made these in an attempt to stop buying them at the store and god drat. They are so good. Dipping them in tea is heaven.
Only problem is that it makes 60-70 ish cookies so my friends and family I handed them out to want more immediately.

That was too high yield for me to bother with cookie cutters so I started by rolling the first dozen into balls and flattening them with the bottom of a glass.
This also proved too much work so I rolled the dough out in large sheets and cut it into squares with a pizza cutter. That worked great.

And I made enough spice mix for 2 more batches, I'm going to try putting it in everything....

I like the part where it says to preheat the oven and then stick the dough in the fridge overnight :mmmhmm:

(Not that anyone should be making a recipe without reading it through first, of course)