Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I made matcha spritz cookies and they were easy and tasty.

Serious eats recipe + 2 tbsp of matcha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I made some disappointing oatmeal chocolate chip cookies so i made the opposite as well: lemon sugar cookies.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

I love spritz cookies. "Holiday spice" aka cinnamon, cloves, and a poo poo load of ginger. Little bit of heavy cream for a smoother consistency.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I tried to make some really basic chocolate chip cookies and they somehow retained the shape of the cookie scoop. But they're still chocolate chip cookies, so.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Suspect Bucket posted:

That's a pretty cool trick actually. Taste good?

They were okay. My usual chocolate chip recipe is the way-too-effortful-at-9pm Serious Eats one, so I just grabbed a random internet one for a small batch. I creamed the crap out of the butter and sugar and probably let it run a little long with the egg in there too. I may try to reproduce it, cookie domes kinda grew on me.

I used a large/3Tbsp/#20 scoop because I like big rear end cookies. I didn't grow up ever using one but when I got more into baking I got a little tired of really disproportionate cookies. I also track my calories, so being able to say 'this recipe makes x # of cookies" and know they're uniform enough for those purposes is really helpful. Not that I've lost weight or anything, because there's a serious flaw in my diet and it is butter cookies.

I've also used it for muffin batter for the same reasons, it's really handy and I don't slop batter around as much.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

I am not a piping prodigy.

Citrus cookies, candied orange peel on top. There's like one passable cookie. :stare:

Tasty tho.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I'm making meringues for the first time and I hope they turn out. My piping on the 2nd/right sheet was way better.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Boywhiz88 posted:

Don’t hold us in suspense!

Not a complete flop but the tops were almost pebbled? Humidity was probably top high. They were still really tasty and pretty easy so I'll probably attempt again soon.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I made the 'dutch kleiner' recipe from ATK's "The Perfect Cookie" book. First attempts at actual twists were dismal so I made little pillows instead.

And then turned one into chocolate chip ravioli.

A+ recipe.

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis
I celebrated finally getting my kitchen in order post-wedding by making a bundt cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsc
Jun 18, 2004
hostis humani generis

Smitten Kitchen's ciambellone. Pro tier cake, will make and devour again. The crust is crunchy and caramelized and the inside is soft and lemony.