Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Made some spritz cookies from here: https://preppykitchen.com/spritz-cookies/. I don't have a press so this is with a piping bag. I think they look great, but it's kinda tough to get them squeezed out. It went smoothly once the dough heated up from my hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I'm trying to figure out how to modify the classic Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe to get flat, spread, rippled cookies. My wife grew up on those and she's quite fond of that style. Oddly enough, I'd get those growing up sometimes from that recipe (and sometimes not) and my mom prefer that style too. However, if I make the cookies from that recipe, I don't get that effect.

Okay, there was one time it happened and I had used margarine. Both sides of the family were doing these in the 80s and 90s, so I had a theory we were all paranoid about butter, so I tried margarine. That seemed to work, but only once. When I tried it again, I didn't get the spread.

I was thinking of reducing the flour and switching to cake flour next as an experiment. Another change in process has been using a disher for portioning the cookies. Traditionally, we'd just slide the dough off a spoon, and I can imagine starting out with a taller cookie ball just mechanically prevents them from spreading as much.

What do you mean rippled?