Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

•Brown the butter (or half it at least) to add even more flavor to your recipe. You may need to add a bit more liquid to make up for the water that cooks away when you brown the butter
•Most chocolate chip cookie doughs will benefit from a day in the fridge before being baked.

CI's Brown Butter Chocolate Chip cookies are the best cookies I've ever had. I don't know why I never thought of just doing the brown butter trick to any cookies, thanks man. As for chilling cookies, you're on the right track about portioning them onto a silpat and then chilling them but what I do saves space. I chill the dough a little and then portion them into cookie balls. Then put them back into the mixing bowl and chill that in the fridge. I made a big mistake chilling my dough completely as one big mass and trying to ball them then. That poo poo was like chiseling concrete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Ciaphas posted:

Forgot to ask, is cookie dough ok in the fridge overnight or does it turn out better if chilled only for an hour or two then baked immediately?

On top of what FGR said please don't do what i did the first time. Portion out the cookies into balls and THEN chill them in the fridge. loving thing was like a bowl of concrete.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

AnonSpore posted:

Speaking of which someone please give me a bomb rear end peanut butter choco chip cookie recipe

Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Yield: about 4 dozen cookies

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups (7.5 oz) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups (~11 oz) creamy peanut butter (processed is best, and you could instead do 1 1/2 cups chunky peanut butter if you want peanut chunks in there!)
3/4 cup (5 1/4 oz) packed light brown sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup (5 7/8 oz) light corn syrup
1/4 cup (1 1/4 oz) granulated sugar
1 large egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 big handfulls (2 cups?) chocolate chips

Method:

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, granulated sugar, egg, yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Divide dough in half, wrap with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop dough by the heaping tablespoon and shape as with chocolate chip cookies, breaking in half and smooshing together to make a craggy surface.
Bake cookies until puffed and edges are lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes, switching and rotating sheets halfway through baking. Cool 5 minutes on sheets, then transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight container for 3 days, if they last.
Note: dough can be frozen in balls and baked straight from the freezer whenever you want fresh cookies! Just add a minute or two to the baking time.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

AnonSpore posted:

I tried these and they came out basically falling apart, unable to be picked up because they couldn't bear their own weight. Did I not bake them enough?

I don't know, I just cribbed it from Cooks Country and they've never steered me wrong.
Those look really dang good actually. I made cookies like that once where I accidentally left out like half the flour. Yeah they were greasy but they were super good. Best accident to have.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 9, 2017

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I approve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
You should brown your butter. It makes better cookies.