Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Rotten Cookies posted:

My favorite cookies are pfeffernusse and sugar cookies with some cardamom put in there. Delish.

Really? You don't like rotten cookies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I've always wondered what apple cinnamon cookies would taste like. I bet they would taste good. Somebody go make apple cinnamon cookies and then report back.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

I've always wondered what apple cinnamon cookies would taste like. I bet they would taste good. Somebody go make apple cinnamon cookies and then report back.

Quoting myself from over one year ago because I found an apple cookie recipe on SeriousEats and I really want to try it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Oh my God you guys...

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just made these.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cherry-icebox-cookies/

I doubled the amounts of cherries and maraschino juice, and omitted the nuts, cream of tartar, and lemon juice (because I used a knockoff version of the recipe that forgot to include the lemon juice). Any of those could probably account for why the cookies came out softer and more cloyingly cake-like than the real things. Still good, but the recipe needs some tweaking.

Btw if you’ve never had cherry icebox cookies from Collin Street Bakery in Texas, you’re missing out. They’re like potato chips. Sugary, pink, delicious, addictive, crack-flavored potato chips.