Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
While I totally plan to run the game as written for the first few games, I can't help but think the game system - from listening to the APs- could be useful in other settings where people are constantly trying to keep from being broke. Such as shadowrun or an attempt at emulating the popular "Penniless assholes in SPACE!" genre. Main things you would have to worry about are coming up with proper endgame scenarios to bake into the PCs to make sure they have a reason to make a certain amount of cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

He hasn't updated the stretchgoal graphics, but Red Markets hit 52k so now it will be in color!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

started early work on Goon Markets

Only setting up basic information till we get the backer pdf. The plan is to use the group enclave creation.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

gradenko_2000 posted:

It'd be a ton of book-keeping and stuff but now I'm imagining a shared gamespace things where you have multiple Taker groups working out of the same Enclave. It's like those convention games of B-17 Queen of the Skies where you have dozens of players all on the same bombing run, playing as if they're all on the same attack wing together.

In Red Markets you'd have the GMs coordinating to have the world shaped by all the different Taker groups' actions in the world, and all of them are contributing to a shared pot of bounty whose final goal it is to buy reintegration into the Recession. You'd have friction from things like this one Taker group that wants to dip into the pot for their own needs because they got really shot up bad on a failed job, or another Taker group's unintended consequences forcing the Enclave to spend on things like reinforced defenses, and everything else that takes away from achieving the final goal ASAP.

I mean, wouldn't you be pissed if you just came off a difficult Score for DHQS that let you contribute 50 bounty to the pot, only to find later that Kowloon's bunch of crazy yahoos are now asking the Enclave to spend more on defenses because they couldn't be arsed to loving pick up after some goddamn lions?

If I was going to do a shared setting, I would do it as seperate enclaves in the same geographic area. A bit less book keeping while still allowing for the occasional fun cross over. I would have the other GMs try to build at least one job each set that would interact with another Enclave if the players take it.

This method also allows for an easier... falling out plan if issues occur between GMs as you can set the enclaves you are no longer playing with into NPC mode. Cynical but planning for the worst is in the red markets spirit!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Link didn't work. This link should work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNAXk1VZmbE

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

as caleb would say it, that was rather fraggle rock. Still entertaining

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Anyone interested in doing a campaign with the playtest rules here next week/week after then?

interested, but Caleb himself suggests doing a couple one shots first before doing a campaign

also... 2 hours left!

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

NutritiousSnack posted:

Weird question, but since this is a near future game are there military exoskeletons to carry/use extra gear?

I was thinking anout that, but dronkey's (big dg's successor in the setting) can basically do that for you without being worn

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

New GDW on the kickstarter, mostly about the business side but still interesting http://slangdesign.com/rppr/2016/06/game-designer-workshop/game-designer-workshop-episode-13-red-markets-kickstarter-post-mortem/

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

I don't envy the slang design server as I and I assume many others bulk download those APs

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

My available times on those days are limited, so I'll wait till I see when you want to run it

Edit, Made my first test character. The Cracked status from believer is not marked in because I was not sure how you mark it in exactly. https://1drv.ms/b/s!Av3M6WdWhkEflkqVVKMGFsrCkTNb Math Teacher turned zombie killing Black Math cultist. Still does have a retirement plan, but it has less to do with leaving the loss.

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 2, 2016

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

As an alternative for those with more insane and inconvenient gaming schedules, I am going to be making a pbp Game for SA. We will probably be doing the create an enclave method.

Still to help set up character concepts I am going to set up the state before hand. I am thinking Montana mainly so I can exploit my knowledge and familiarity of my own state. But before I go too far in setting things up I want to make sure that at least some of you would be interested in the location, I can always end up setting it in a another state.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm in the same situation. A quick read through on the Wikipedia page should be enough, shouldn't it?

Pretty much. I am also making a list of good locations for enclaves if people want it narrowed down. Main things that effect red markets is that Montana is the 4th largest state but the 44th in population. Loooong distances between most notable areas so I am probably going to give you a truck for free to begin with. If you break it though, it will be on the PCs to replace it.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Cross Posting from the various social Media Groups

Roll20 Sheet open for basic Testing
https://app.roll20.net/join/1473261/bNJ5Gg
I made a folder in the campaign with test characters, go ahead and mess around with them to see if they work like they should and so you can provide basic feedback. Only thing really missing is the upkeep section, but other than that this should be feature complete.
Once I get your guys feed back and I get the upkeep section in, I;ll look into submitting it to roll20. I can also provide the HTML and CSS files for other pro users to use if they don't want to wait

just join the game and mess with them and tell me what you think
Current HTML/CSS as of this posting: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0ipqxw8u071l0si/AADiBDt4SHgxE0TU-AGPSbQsa?dl=0

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 26, 2016

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

He ran his kickstarter backer game http://roleplayingexchange.com/2016/09/15/actual-play-red-markets-kickstarter-backer-game/

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Enough of this procrastination by me, Recruitment thread is live https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3805873&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post468425806

It is Red Markets in Montana, Sure there are theoretically less zombies, but with how flat it is sound travels. so your undead friends will come from much further.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/HebanonGCal/statuses/827597708722593792

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

not exactly, but you can preorder it now https://red-markets.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Fellis posted:

I've started reading through the rulebook finally this week and holy poo poo the Bust optional rule for making budgets and not having a bank is loving brutal. I don't think I'll have players who can hack that kind of stress/bookeeping/predictions, but I can see how it would amp up tension. Maybe I'll introduce some bust rules as people get comfortable with the system.

also the black math cult is metal as hell :black101:

That they are, though the stress checks to simply move around the crowd of casualties instead of charging in and killing them can get brutal on you, or brutal on the rest of the party when you decide you really need to keep that humanity...

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

On the facebook group, Daniel Griffiths made an excellent GM Screen / player cheat sheet

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1brRlxIN1flMzR1T2w5MGx5Qk0/view

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

you should be able too if you do it quickly I think. they made a 48 hour warning on the subject

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Kommando posted:

Could you have more than one tough spot?

Say you've got a Latent character whos Black Math belief got them bit...
not at creation. but Latent, and immune can be added later via the infection roll and through supressin

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

And in the States

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

The Empties Abberant example art. The messed up park scene is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

girth brooks part 2 posted:

This may have come up before and I just forgotten, but while I as at work today I started thinking about how twitter beefs must play out in the Loss since people can have access to their very own band of morally agnostic mercenaries after at worst a short walk down the block and some haggling.

Then that got me to thinking about a face character or possibly an entire taker crew that's basically the apocalyptic version of a twitch streamer to supplement their income. What would the Loss equivalent of getting swatted be? Also, stream sniping would take on some decidedly more dire connotations.

Mostly, I was just thinking about what affects the internet would have on the real world out in the loss, considering the kind of stuff that already happens today. How much more extreme would those things be when the internet is a for real life or death thing, and there's little in the way to temper peoples reactions to the things that happen online.

I was literally in an RPPR patreon game that sorta dealt with that. We were hired by the livestreaming taker to deal with the people "swatting" her. Cue sniper battle

• Locked thread