Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

Btw: From ~1875 we had booklets for foreigners working in Denmark. Mostly Swedes, but lots of Poles and Germans working in southern Denmark.

What are these called, and are they archived anywhere? I've never heard of them before.

My great3 grandfather was born around 1865 in Prussia and moved to Sønderjylland some time between 1880 and 1890, most likely (he got married in 1891). The church where he was born was burnt in 1945, and from what I can tell the church books are lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm a huge dumbass. Since this was between 1864 and 1920, he'd have been in Germany the whole time.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

On a recent archive visit I found an 1890s manuscript by a former priest from my home parish detailing its history over a ~500 year period. He wrote it after the vicarage burned and with it the parish registers and all its historical documents. Some 300 pages, so in a flash of dumbass optimism I've started transcribing and polishing it for publication :11tea:

About 20 21! pages in after a week's work...

e: 38 of 426 images transcribed, that is :sweatdrop:

I was about to say "hey, at least it's printed and have you considered ocr?" before I looked at the footnote and realized that he probably didn't write TODO anywhere :)

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Krankenstyle posted:

Still working through my TODOs. Some 40 now, but they're smaller (like instead of "TODO table" it's "TODO fix this cell/row").

Also working on figuring out why an ancestor of mine (Niels Ibsen below) had money in his estate from seemingly unrelated people (the halfbrothers next to him). My theory, shown with the dotted line, is that they were cousins through their mothers, but I haven't been able to find her name in the sources (again the burnt church registers) so it's proving to be a tough nut to crack.

Also God-man Angel-son is a pretty intense name lol

What's the six-dot symbol, life span? In that case, the death year of Ingel Andersen seems wrong, or maybe the birth years of Gudmand Ingelsen and Kristine?
Is Jep 10 years younger than his father in law? Is Gudmand the younger only *checks graph* 19 years younger than his grandfather?

Edit: I guess I'll take my answer in 6 hours, haha.

NFX fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jun 21, 2019

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe
I don't know if your memory or me randomly opening the thread 20 minutes later is more spooky, but thanks for the heads up :)