Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just getting started with my heritage.com. Recommended from one of my youtuber historians i follow. Glad to see it has a good reputation.

The main goal for me is tracing moms family back to the old world. Thanks for being here goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Haven’t decided yet. My moms family already goes back to both the UK and France which is neat.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The UP is my family on both sides. It’s definitely addicting and Ive made a couple minor mistakes with similar sounding names.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just passed 2000 names on Myheritage family tree between my wife's family and mine. Here's to 2000 more (Maybe)

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
1485 and 17 generations back in the highlands of Scotland.

Erainor fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Dec 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Oracle posted:

Awesome, whereabouts? You hit the Doomesday book?

I have Scots-Irish from Ayrshire that all their Protestant descendants are adamant there are no other records for and get quite flustered when I find them in Catholic ones in both Ireland and Canada. Makes sense why they lost those family lines, given that’s how mine got sundered (guy married not just a Catholic girl but a French-Canadian Catholic girl).

Sleat, Inverness-Shire, Scotland
It's an island off the northwest coast of the mainland.